PDA

View Full Version : Rico having a go at clubs in trouble

Pages : [1] 2

higgins
03/07/2006, 3:06 PM
Mod :

Split from another thread as it went off-topic

Puts Rico in a very bad light doesnt it ?

he was very quick earlier in the season to have a go at other clubs in trouble but I dont hear much of him these days :D

A face
03/07/2006, 3:10 PM
Puts Rico in a very bad light doesnt it ?

he was very quick earlier in the season to have a go at other clubs in trouble but I dont hear much of him these days :D

Think back now about what Rico ACTUALLY said.

higgins
03/07/2006, 3:15 PM
Thats true!

higgins
03/07/2006, 3:21 PM
Thats true!
Sorry for the off topic post but they are all rolling into one in my head and I forgot where I was...

A face
03/07/2006, 3:23 PM
Thats true!
Sorry for the off topic post but they are all rolling into one in my head and I forgot where I was...

Kinda out of context now though isn't .... and you're still saying its true .... and you are avoiding the point about what Rico actually said, but sure who's worried higgins ... not you anyway obviously.

higgins
03/07/2006, 3:23 PM
Something along the lines of being ridden rock solid was it :D
ok ok way before that ....

Probably just before the riding bagan around the time Dublin was feeling you up maybe :p

He went high and mighty and said it was a form of cheating did he not?

EDIT!!!
Give us a chance A Face!
I didnt even know you split the thread as it happened while I was typing the first reply..

A face
03/07/2006, 3:28 PM
EDIT!!!
Give us a chance A Face!
I didnt even know you split the thread as it happened while I was typing the first reply..

Alright ... no worries.

Something along the lines of being ridden rock solid was it :D
ok ok way before that ....

Probably just before the riding bagan around the time Dublin was feeling you up maybe :p

He went high and mighty and said it was a form of cheating did he not?

Thats what i'm on about ... did you misinterpret what he was saying ??

NY Hoop
03/07/2006, 3:45 PM
During his last stint with us he questioned why monaghan were in the league. After friday I echo his sentiments.........

KOH

higgins
03/07/2006, 3:50 PM
I dont think so ?

Was he not saying it clubs were spending money they dont have and ruining the well run clubs like Cork from competing on a level playing field ?

seems Shels were not the only ones going around with "Historic" debt !

A face
03/07/2006, 4:00 PM
Was he not saying it clubs were spending money they dont have and ruining the well run clubs like Cork from competing on a level playing field ?

How is that having a go .... that is blantantly obvious. Thats an observation, not having a go. And if i recall he was referred to that point while being interviewed, its not like he was having a pop off Shels, infact (i could be wrong here) did he even mention Shels in that interview??

seems Shels were not the only ones going around with "Historic" debt !

Well we wont be the last anyway .... RC are out for a few more clubs in the league now aswell. We have Rovers to thank for that ....... genuinely, it had to be call ashore sometime and Rovers club fans were instrumental in doing that.

For as long as i have been supporting this league, fans have always said that that is where we need to be (properly run clubs, paying tax etc.) .... we might be getting to a stage where that might be the case.

passerrby
03/07/2006, 6:35 PM
Ill tell you why NY Hoop because we never had a winding up order againist us ,never had to beg or borrow a pitch, never had to apoligise for our fans, never spend what we dont have, never had the launderette withhold our kit until payment was made,and finally never hired roddy
sorry for the rant but super club my ass ,not a pot to **** in.

thomas
03/07/2006, 11:37 PM
Ill tell you why NY Hoop because we never had a winding up order againist us ,never had to beg or borrow a pitch, never had to apoligise for our fans, never spend what we dont have, never had the launderette withhold our kit until payment was made,and finally never hired roddy

Controversy is a sign of greatness. Proves the point you should be in junior football.

Mr A
04/07/2006, 12:31 AM
Controversy is a sign of greatness.

That makes Roddy Collins, Ronan Seery and Ollie Byrne all true greats so....

A face
04/07/2006, 12:44 AM
That makes Roddy Collins, Ronan Seery and Ollie Byrne all true greats so....

I am really really stuggling here trying to pick one of the many one liners that could be used here !! :p

RĂ©iteoir
04/07/2006, 12:51 AM
I am really really stuggling here trying to pick one of the many one liners that could be used here !! :p

"The Bad, The Deranged and The Ugly?"

;)

NY Hoop
04/07/2006, 10:37 AM

Honestly dont think anyone would notice if you had. No away fans, shirt sponsors from Dublin which wasnt even on some of your jersies, no chance of competing ever. What's the point? As mentioned junior ball or the new A league is where you belong along with CHF.

KOH

passerrby
04/07/2006, 10:50 AM
forgive me if i dont take advice from a club who ran headlong into s**T and no hope on horizan , get you infrastructure right first then chase the glory,

Larry 'da' Wyse
04/07/2006, 10:51 AM
[QUOTE=NY Hoop] , no chance of competing ever. What's the point? Honestly dont think anyone would notice if you had. No away fans,fromAs mentioned junior ball or the new A league is where you belong along with CHF.

It is not so long that this team with no chance of competing, managed to gain promotion to the top-tier i.e one above the league Rovers currently find themselves in.

A face
04/07/2006, 10:51 AM
Honestly dont think anyone would notice if you had. No away fans, shirt sponsors from Dublin which wasnt even on some of your jersies, no chance of competing ever. What's the point? As mentioned junior ball or the new A league is where you belong along with CHF.

Jebus H, thats a bit harsh NY Hoop aint it ?? :eek:

NY Hoop
04/07/2006, 11:00 AM
Jebus H, thats a bit harsh NY Hoop aint it ?? :eek:

I dont think so. I asked what's the point and its turned into a typical slagging match.

Yes they got promoted but their fan base did not increase when they did. Like CHF if you have no fans you shouldnt be in the league. If the new league proposals excludes these 2 clubs I'm all for it. We've got to stop kidding ourselves here. These clubs have no future in the league and would be better served in junior ball.

KOH

Macy
04/07/2006, 11:12 AM
Personally think it's a bit harsh on Monaghan. They're working on their infrastructural set up, with the astro pitches and the like, and at least have a community in which they have some chance of building up a fan base. I'd agree with CHF, who really bring nothing from what I can see.

joeSoap
04/07/2006, 11:18 AM
These clubs have no future in the league and would be better served in junior ball.

KOHSurely a club with a proper structure, own ground, and not depending on the goodwill of other clubs and the government to constantly bail them out for over 22 years now would serve more purpose to Irish football than the likes of Shamrock Rovers, who have, quite frankly, been a disgrace to both the league and themselves for over two decades now.

You've got some nerve slagging off Monaghan or any other team in the league. You speak of Monaghan only being fit for junior football, well, I can name at least half a dozen junior clubs that are in much better shape than Rovers. Stop living off the glory days and the name 'Shamrock Rovers' and concentrate on getting ye're heads above water before the glasshouse ye seem to be living in comes crashing down around ye. Even Dublin City have made a more credible effort to be a football club over the past 5 years than ye have.

I wish Rovers all the best in their bid to become a big club again, I really do, but please don't sneer or condescend to what only Shamrock Rovers consider to be inferior. Its not nice.:ball:

NY Hoop
04/07/2006, 11:28 AM
As I said it seems this cant be debated properly without the above happening. From a league point of view I asked a question but of course you have the typical anti Rovers mongs on abusing Rovers.

FYI there is nobody at the club "living off the glory days" and we are now in a much better position financially than we ever were.

But hey dont let that get in the way of a debate:rolleyes:

Glasshouse? Dont think so pal. CHF? You're having a laugh.

KOH

passerrby
04/07/2006, 12:54 PM
your right hoop this should not decend into a slagging match i have great time for the 400 club who are attempting to drag you into this century but your only critiea seems to be success on the field no matter what the costs and if we learned anything from the last twenty years that is stupity,
If you get 700 at a home game after paying out rent and security the pot is empty we get 300 a lot less income but no landlord and a small security bill and the knowledge that we will reinvest any profit back into our community football programmes that we believe will build a fanbase . this may no be the best plan but it is a plan, yours at present is again in the hands of a judge

NY Hoop
04/07/2006, 1:09 PM
your right hoop this should not decend into a slagging match i have great time for the 400 club who are attempting to drag you into this century but your only critiea seems to be success on the field no matter what the costs and if we learned anything from the last twenty years that is stupity,
If you get 700 at a home game after paying out rent and security the pot is empty we get 300 a lot less income but no landlord and a small security bill and the knowledge that we will reinvest any profit back into our community football programmes that we believe will build a fanbase . this may no be the best plan but it is a plan, yours at present is again in the hands of a judge

Might help if you knew what you're talking about. For example I dont harp on about monaghan's finances but I do know you dont get anywhere near 300 gates.

Our criteria is not success on the field no matter what. What an incredible ill informed comment. Do you not think we have not learned from the previous owners mistakes?? You're also forgetting the thousands that are coming in from members dues every month. Our home average gates this season are higher than some premier clubs.

You can reinvest all you want back into the community but 20 years after entering the league can you honestly tell me you have a significant increase in gates?

The fact that our future is in the hands of the High Court judge is because of the greed of a particular GAA club in Tallaght.

KOH

joeSoap
04/07/2006, 1:13 PM
The fact that our future is in the hands of the High Court judge is because of the greed of a particular GAA club in Tallaght.And nothing at all to do with year after year of mis-management from Kilcoyne, Maguire etc??

And before you get all touchy again, I'm not slagging anybody off. As a club, ye really do have an enormous sense of feeling hard done by by others, yet not at all prepared to look closer to home.

NY Hoop
04/07/2006, 1:25 PM
And nothing at all to do with year after year of mis-management from Kilcoyne, Maguire etc??

And before you get all touchy again, I'm not slagging anybody off. As a club, ye really do have an enormous sense of feeling hard done by by others, yet not at all prepared to look closer to home.

The council were willing to restart building but Thomas Davis have instigated a judicial review. No Rovers fan denies that all this is because of magoo and lucifer's actions.

Touchy? No. I'm just responding to you calling us a "disgrace" and talking crap about glasshouses and other such nonsense.

Your last sentence shows you are talking rubbish but hey whatever suits your agenda.

KOH

joeSoap
04/07/2006, 1:35 PM
I have no agenda here, thats probably just your paranoid reaction to constructive opinion which is understandable I guess, considering what your club has been through.

My comments about your club being a disgrace still stand. You were a disgrace but thankfully you seem to be trying to do something about it. The club I support are only coming out of the doldrums too after being in a similar predicament as yourselves and theres still a long long way to go, as you'll see Friday night.

My glasshouse reference still stands also. Monaghan might be small-fry that will never achieve that much, but they put out a team each week, have their own ground, and they do a great job promoting football in an area that is predominately GAA orientated. How you can criticise or slag that off is beyond me.

NY Hoop
04/07/2006, 1:55 PM
I have no agenda here, thats probably just your paranoid reaction to constructive opinion which is understandable I guess, considering what your club has been through.

My comments about your club being a disgrace still stand. You were a disgrace but thankfully you seem to be trying to do something about it. The club I support are only coming out of the doldrums too after being in a similar predicament as yourselves and theres still a long long way to go, as you'll see Friday night.

My glasshouse reference still stands also. Monaghan might be small-fry that will never achieve that much, but they put out a team each week, have their own ground, and they do a great job promoting football in an area that is predominately GAA orientated. How you can criticise or slag that off is beyond me.

You have no agenda??:D

I try to get a debate going on why monaghan shouldnt be in the league and you turn into an anti Rovers rant with inaccuracies and rubbish.

I appreciate fully the work they do in keeping the club afloat but AGAIN I ask what is the point in having a club in the league with no fans?

My local kids team put out numerous teams every week, have their own ground and promote the club so should they be in the league?

KOH

A face
04/07/2006, 2:06 PM
You have no agenda??:D

I try to get a debate going on why monaghan shouldnt be in the league and you turn into an anti Rovers rant with inaccuracies and rubbish.

NY Hoop, come off it now ... it didnt exactly pan out like that at all.

Anyway ... i think this debate has exhausted itself now.

joeSoap
04/07/2006, 2:09 PM
NY Hoop, come off it now ... it didnt exactly pan out like that at all.

Anyway ... i think this debate has exhausted itself now.
It certainly has, especially when one of its participants wears blinkers...

NY Hoop
04/07/2006, 2:18 PM
At least you admit it.

KOH

pete
04/07/2006, 2:37 PM
I have no idea what this topic about but will still join in :D

There is no point to Monaghan, Kildare, Kilkenny or Dublin City in the eircom league. By all means they can exist as non-league clubs with nice infrstructure etc... but they have no & never will have ambitions to the top level of football in this country.

What were we talking about again? ;)

A face
04/07/2006, 3:39 PM
I have no idea what this topic about but will still join in :D

There is no point to Monaghan, Kildare, Kilkenny or Dublin City in the eircom league. By all means they can exist as non-league clubs with nice infrstructure etc... but they have no & never will have ambitions to the top level of football in this country.

What were we talking about again? ;)

Can you name a league where every single club in it is in contension for honours every single year?

Magicme
04/07/2006, 4:27 PM
there are reasons why every club could be kicked out of the league.....no club is totally safe and free from blemish so get off your high horses people. There will never be a truely successful profit making club. There just aint enough interest in the league to sustain that dream. FAI need to do their best to market the league in the future but even if they bribe most of the country to go to matches there will still be some of the "big" clubs struggling to pay their bills and remain feasible.

BohsFans
04/07/2006, 4:38 PM

That put ya in your place NY Hoop. :D

Yes Monaghan are **** on the field at the mo, but I was very impressed by their set up in Gortakeegan. All-weather pitches, bar (+ the only beer garden in the league), nice stand and it's theirs, which is more than the homeless scum can say! :D

passerrby
04/07/2006, 5:01 PM
when ya close us down hoop im moving all my fans to bohs ,always liked them lads

NY Hoop
05/07/2006, 10:02 AM
Well you two minnows have something in common anyway.

KOH

Magicme
05/07/2006, 11:57 AM
People are always harping on that small clubs like Monaghan, Kilkenny, Kildare and Dublin City bring nothing to the league but it sometimes seems that the big clubs bring nothing but debts, tax bills, players not being paid etc....all this brings negative press about the eL and brings everyone down. I cant see how those clubs are good for the league either so maybe we should just have Drogheda United and Galway United (2 of the clubs I have not seen negative press about in awhile) in the league and the rest of us close our doors? We could all follow those too clubs as they play each other week in week out.....great fun am sure!

NY Hoop
05/07/2006, 12:10 PM
People are always harping on that small clubs like Monaghan, Kilkenny, Kildare and Dublin City bring nothing to the league but it sometimes seems that the big clubs bring nothing but debts, tax bills, players not being paid etc....all this brings negative press about the eL and brings everyone down. I cant see how those clubs are good for the league either so maybe we should just have Drogheda United and Galway United (2 of the clubs I have not seen negative press about in awhile) in the league and the rest of us close our doors? We could all follow those too clubs as they play each other week in week out.....great fun am sure!

As usual you're missing the point. Why should there be the 2 clubs in the league if they have no fans and will never have fans?

All our players are paid in full and on time, receive wage slips and we are debt free. Kilkenny and Kildare have potential.

KOH

Student Mullet
05/07/2006, 12:13 PM
Kilkenny and Kildare have potential.But Monaghan don't, how are you deciding this?

A face
05/07/2006, 12:58 PM
All our players are paid in full and on time, receive wage slips and we are debt free.

Remember now .... that is basic requirement, its expected of you ... you are not in line for a medal for that or anything because of it.

Would love to know how you are assessing all of this aswell ..... maybe you should replace Niall Quinn on that committee, you've got it all figured out already. :p

NY Hoop
05/07/2006, 1:10 PM
Well aware it is a basic requirement but how many clubs are doing it?

Damn right I should replace Quinn:D Its just common sense but sense is not common in this league.

KOH

passerrby
05/07/2006, 1:33 PM
thats like saying since ive got out on parole i have,nt reoffended am,int I great.
remember you have used up your get out of jail card.so next time its curtains
sorry for using all the prison analagies but rover does that to me

NY Hoop
05/07/2006, 1:38 PM
thats like saying since ive got out on parole i have,nt reoffended am,int I great.
remember you have used up your get out of jail card.so next time its curtains
sorry for using all the prison analagies but rover does that to me

I'd rather be locked up than go watch monaghan play!

KOH

passerrby
05/07/2006, 2:26 PM
If only we could get the rest of your surporters to agree to the same we could solve half of the leagues problems, and also clear up the crime rate in south dublin

NY Hoop
05/07/2006, 2:32 PM
If only we could get the rest of your surporters to agree to the same we could solve half of the leagues problems, and also clear up the crime rate in south dublin

Very good beavis. Why dont you do a Omagh Town FC?

KOH

manic da hoop
05/07/2006, 2:54 PM

The levels of immaturity know no bounds on this forum:rolleyes:

passerrby
05/07/2006, 6:24 PM
Your right ,sorry the only excuse i can offer is i grew up a devoted hoops fan.
dispite our slagging matches im still rutting for pat who is a true gent

CollegeTillIDie
05/07/2006, 6:35 PM
I am most likely in a tiny minority on this message board, never mind the country. The only MUFC I give a rat's arse about is Monaghan United, and I don't even support them :D