PDA

View Full Version : Bray 0-1 Drogheda

BrayUnknowns
03/07/2006, 11:41 AM
Did'nt deserve to loose yesterday, it was Drogs only shot on target all match. We should have taken a few of our chances in the 1st half but there keeper made some very good saves and Gavin cleard off the line from Weso's header when he had Connor beaten.

Alan Kelly was absolutey brutal ! how he did'nt send Skippy off for that tacklwe on Fabio i'll never know, yeah he came out and won the ball but came out with is knees and fists both raised, was to far off what the Bosnich did to Klinsman a few years back or what Schumacher (the german keeper of yester year) did to the french player in the 82 world cup. A horrible horrible tackle that could have caused SERIOUS injury.

On the same not how he did'nt take action against Gavin for smacking Robbie Doyle in the face i'll never know. There were actually plenty of things to mention for both sides, and as for his brother running the line ! Another idiot in the maknig !

Charles should have been given a red (not a 2nd yellow) for his tackle as well, dope ! on the half way line, player running towards his own half and he lunged in 2 footed ! why ?

Drogs had the ball but did nothing with it all game, Bray were very comfortable and created all the best chances but 1 lapse in error from Daz cost us the game, twice in a week now were we have lost the game in the final minutes.

For all the money they have spent and are spending Drogs are a average side but it's a results business and some how they are grinding out wins

Eoingull
03/07/2006, 12:44 PM
Yes...it's been a very trying week. Up in Longford, neither team could string two passes together, yet Bray contrived to lose the game in the 86th minute. Likewise yesterday...I felt we were dealing quite comfortably with Drogheda...but another late goal killed us. I have no problem with losing, but I was like a bull for about an hour after the game yesterday. This inability to score is just killing the team. Individually, the players have plenty of ability, but collectively things have gotten stale.

Bray Head
03/07/2006, 3:30 PM
Agree that we deserved a draw from the game. Maybe if we played more football instead of hitting long balls to our strikers we might have a bit of luck. Putting on subs in the 90th & 93rd minute is unbelievable. Tarzan and Doyle were tiring and the changes should have been made earlier. Same in Longford - some of the players cant last 90 minutes that's why the late goals against.

Seagull
03/07/2006, 8:21 PM
McGuirk isn't up to the job. Time for big changes...

BobtheDrog
03/07/2006, 9:39 PM
i don't think skippy got away with anything, there was no malice in it just bad luck on fabio's part, didnt think either team deserved to win not a great game mostly both sides hoofing. i thought charles was lucky not to have been sent off earlier and doyle could easily have joined him should have been booked for that handball.

lowflyingseagul
04/07/2006, 6:40 AM
we have nothing up front, zayed is not interested.

BobtheDrog
04/07/2006, 9:49 AM
the rumour is that mark leech will be going to you for the rest of the season if we sign zayed, i reckon he'd do a good job for you

BrayUnknowns
04/07/2006, 11:51 AM
the rumour is that mark leech will be going to you for the rest of the season if we sign zayed, i reckon he'd do a good job for you

Yeah heard that a few weks back, but also heard the same story that if you sign tony grant, leech will be going to Bohs on loan for the rest of the season.

In fairness, he could'nt be any worse than Zayed is at the moment

Stevo Da Gull
05/07/2006, 12:18 AM
Dont think skip should have been sent off, it was a 50/50 with both players committed to winning the ball, unfortunately (as can happen in those situations) Declan got clattered as well.
We played well but fair-play to Drogs for the win, they stuck at it and capitalised on a moment of hesitance, obviously bitterly dissapointing but hey thats football. We've just got to try and improve again for the next game, a bit obvious but all we have to do is cut out the stupid mistakes and we'll be grand.:ball: