PDA

View Full Version : Rovers 1-3 Pats

Rovers1
30/06/2006, 8:47 PM
well,we had to hit the ground some time,although we hit the woodwork 3 times (flash,mcnamara andd hughesy.) how was from the spectators view,the lads that went???

avvenalaf
01/07/2006, 12:31 AM
Decent game with four great goals. I thought we deserved a point from it. The lads played at least as well as against Bohs but had no luck at all. Molloy was allowed too much room and punished us with two superb strikes. It certainly was miles ahead of our defeat at Belfield and would see no reason to believe that we can't pick it up again and go on. Injury to Keith Foy looks serious and have to say as well that we were effectively playing with 10 men as you know who had a stinker.
Very small crowd and talking to a Pats man I'm told they had only 800 last week and that people had to be tapped to come up with the wages. Sad to see because this is and always has been a wonderful club.

redrov2005
01/07/2006, 12:36 AM
www.fai.ie

http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=705

TREVOR MOLLOY’S fifth and sixth goals of the season fired St Patrick’s
Athletic to their first win in a month – and brought Sligo’s winning
run to a crashing halt in the eircom League, Premier Division.

Rovers travelled to Dublin on a high having won their last five games, including a 3-1 hammering of title hopefuls Derry City.

But a combination of quality finishing and some sloppy defending brought
about their demise at Richmond Park.

Darren Mansaram’s goal of the season contender briefly had the teams level after Molloy had opened the scoring, but the former youth international – and later Paul Keegan – wrapped up the Saints’ first win since the World Cup break ended.

Adam Hughes should have opened the scoring after 15 minutes but somehow missed from just two yards, and to add to Sligo’s frustration, Pat’s scored from the very next attack.

Dave Mulcahy’s volley was going wide but a defender’s touch sent the ball into Trevor Molloy’s path and the striker fired past a static John O’Hara in the Sligo goal.

Rovers equalised through Englishman Darren Mansaram’s spectacular effort when he capitalised on a poor clearance, volleying home from the edge of the box.

Dave Mulcahy went close after the restart but Trevor Molloy showed why he
is such a favourite in these parts when he curled home a wonderful strike after the Sligo defence stood off him a little too much.

The same accusation could be thrown at the Sligo defence when Paul Keegan completed the scoring, with Alan Reilly having being allowed to stroll effortlessly toward goal, before laying off to the striker.

St Pats: Ryan; Brennan, Maguire, Murphy, Frost, Mulcahy, O’Connor, Reilly, Rutherford (M Quigley, 73), Keegan, Molloy. Subs: Caffrey, Armstrong, S Quigley, Clarke.

Sligo Rovers: O’Hara; Peers, Foy (McKenzie, 81), McNamara, Burns,O’Grady, Hughes (McCartney, 71), Kuduzovic, McTiernan, Turner, Mansaram. Subs: Flannery, Curran, Brush, McKenzie.

Referee: Mr. A. Buttimer (Cork)

gustavo
01/07/2006, 12:38 AM
If the injury to Foy is bad its gonna be the first time that the thread bare nature of the squad is exposed so lets hope these long promised recruits from Birmingham materialise as it is July now so the window is open

Red4Eva
01/07/2006, 12:54 AM
thought we played p*ss poor and did loadsa stupid sh*te. long balls, why?! flash has only won about 2 headers in his time with us & mct ain't da tallest up against sum1 like darragh maguire. mcnamara was all over the shop&cuda cost us a few. communication was non-existant: 2 players going for the same ball about 8 times and then f*ckin it up cos they were gettin in each others way. referee was terrible as per usual, sort it out delaney!! foy's out for a few weeks. pat's are rubbish though so i still think we'll get 5th

Dodge
01/07/2006, 9:44 AM
talkingto a Pats man... people had to be tapped to come up with the wages.
This bit is completely wrong. Very poor crowd though

Thought it was a good game and we thoroughly deserved our win. You were poor at the back but OK in midfield and have a excellent front two.

Dodge
01/07/2006, 11:07 AM
Thought the ref was excellent for a change
He denied Pats a definitely penalty in the first half when your centre half upended Keegan in the box. Just before half time

1 9 2 8
01/07/2006, 1:05 PM
We made to many stupid mistakes at the back which cost us the game. I don't know how Hughes didn't score when he it the bar. Big away support at the game 150+? People on this forum are always going on about how bad our vocal support is at home but Pats was non existent last night

Rory H
01/07/2006, 1:55 PM
did we really have 150??

SligoBrewer
01/07/2006, 2:03 PM
thats suprising

Rory H
01/07/2006, 2:10 PM
very

anyway,bad result but it was to expected...we showed some fight though to comeback once and threaten to again...osam said we were unlucky to lose 3-1....we have had a lot of tough games and we just ran out of steam probably

worrying injury to foy...our squad is so small,sean kelly could be starting friday but he should do well...

with dublin city waterford and bray coming up we need at least 7 points be considered challengers for the european places

SligoBrewer
01/07/2006, 2:12 PM
3 against the dubs..definetly needed.

waterford ...3

happy with a draw in bray

Dodge
01/07/2006, 3:03 PM
did we really have 150??
Less than half that IMO

The Stars
01/07/2006, 3:05 PM
i heard we had at least 150 and there were fcuk all pats fans there and they were as silent as ducks

Rory H
01/07/2006, 3:10 PM
well on the radio i heard quak all singing from the pats fans and we werent too bad

maybe improved crowd this...friday..

Dodge
01/07/2006, 3:56 PM
i heard we had at least 150 and there were fcuk all pats fans there and they were as silent as ducks
trust me, there was less than 70 of you.

The Stars
01/07/2006, 5:58 PM
70?maybe thats all that was singing or standing together,probably a few scathered around

1 9 2 8
01/07/2006, 6:38 PM
On the Inchicore side of the main stand it was nearly all Rovers supporters I didn't think they were all SR supporters until we scored

The Stars
01/07/2006, 7:59 PM
how many would you say in total 1928?

feo123
01/07/2006, 10:41 PM
there was about 60 rovers fans sittin together or near enuf eachother! then a few scattered here nd there! i wud prefer if there was segreghation at away grounds as this wud put all rovers fans in the same area nd wud make 4 a better atmosphere!
As for the game itself, i thought we were unlucky! the defence were below par.....burns being the only one to perform well! midfield were ok! hughes was great goin forward but wasnt good trackin back! we use him alot at kickouts lookin for him in the air! he wins everytin! turner had a good 1st half nd a poor 2nd! O'Grady got stuck in and didnt stop runnin all game! Faz was very good in the first half and was one of out worst performers in the 2nd! it was a mistake to take off hughes instead of him, straight away they broke down the rite(where faz was moved to) and sealed the 3 points! McTiernan worked hard but didnt get much of the ball! Mansaram was brilliant throughout! Coming short lookin for the ball all the time! coverd nearly every blade of grass! ran over and back all game and lead the line well! great goal too! i have to say he is better than any striker we've had in a long time at the club! energetic, fast, a team player and he can finish too! looked a bad injury too foy to rub salt in our wounds!! hit the bar 3 times....hughes from 2 yards!! although the ball was hammered at him nd it just hit off him more than anything! should be gettin at ;east 7 points from the next 3 games! if we do that, then last nite is ok!! the referee was a complete and utter shambles aswell!! ref's in this country are an absolute disgrace! he was s**t for both teams last nite! more so us than St. Pats!!

Redzer
03/07/2006, 3:43 PM
Funny thing, the stewards asking us if we wanted to go out at half time for a pint ;) ;)
Wonder if Ollie noticed us missing:D

avvenalaf
03/07/2006, 9:26 PM
Couldn't get into the ground at 7.15 as 'the geezer with the key for the turnstiles hasn't turned up yet'. Ah but sure Wembley isn't finished yet either.