PDA

View Full Version : Dave McKeon

BohsFans
30/06/2006, 1:15 AM
can anyone confirm if has officiated at a league game since the break?

I heard that he got a one month ban for the Drogs - Bohs game.

If true, about time something was done about this waster! :) The linesman even told him on the night that he got it wrong, but he overruled him -FACT!
Must be a nightmare to work with.

RĂ©iteoir
30/06/2006, 1:29 AM
According to IrishFootballOnline - he did the Sligo - Derry match last Monday

brandy86
30/06/2006, 1:30 AM
He refereed our game against Sligo on Monday, where he sent off Gareth McGlynn within the first 20mins

BleusAvantTout
30/06/2006, 7:04 AM
Anytime I have seen this guy he has been an utter tube, who presents as being more interested in David McKeon. He is arguably the worst referee I have ever seen and that's saying something. I was at the recent Drogs. v Bohs. game and I cringed at some of his decisions!

However the referees in Germany haven't exactly covered themselves in glory!! :o

David
30/06/2006, 7:41 AM
I agree with Bat (:p ) here. When he refereed the Linfield Glentoran Setanta game it was one of the worst refereeing performances that I have ever seen.

drummerboy
30/06/2006, 8:09 AM
I remember this guy when he was refereeing with the LSL. On one occasion a player help another player down and spat in his face right in front of him. The clown ignored it and just told them to get up. How he ever became a referee in the top national league beggers belief. Any referees who use common sense instead of strictly adhering to the rule book, are blocked from progressing up the leagues. This is a fact, hence the only officials to make it to the top are usually incapable of making judgments on their own merits.

Block G Raptor
30/06/2006, 11:12 AM
Remember this Tosser supossedly reffereed (I say Supposedly because what he did that day did not constitute reffereeing)our cup final against Dundalk. where he allowed a blatant handball Goal stand and then sent off Simon Webb for absolutley Nothing

football fan
30/06/2006, 12:06 PM
Remember this Tosser supossedly reffereed (I say Supposedly because what he did that day did not constitute reffereeing)our cup final against Dundalk. where he allowed a blatant handball Goal stand and then sent off Simon Webb for absolutley Nothing

That referee was PAUL MCKEON not Dave McKeon. If you are going to slag somebody off, at least get your facts right!!:rolleyes:

The Stars
30/06/2006, 2:03 PM
he sent off McGylnn for a 50/50 challenge.himself and foy both went n for the ball and McGLynn stayed on the ground.Foy jumped up and stood over him pointing the finger and mouthing at him.
I thought he was gonna send off foy but it went the other way so we werent complaining.
Derry fans wernt too pleased though.

Rory H
30/06/2006, 2:25 PM
That referee was PAUL MCKEON not Dave McKeon. If you are going to slag somebody off, at least get your facts right!!:rolleyes:

dont worry,slag any referee off and you have got a point

LeixlipRed
30/06/2006, 7:48 PM
He reffereed a match i played in once. I dont remember if he was any good or not but seeing as people are throwing in anecdotes I thought I'd add to the list :D

monzo
01/07/2006, 10:46 AM
Ah I remember him from our match against UCD last season which led to me posting a thread about the ****. Another user on here challenged him about a dubious decision he made but McKeon replied, 'I don't make mistakes - I refereed in Europe'. Arragont so and so...

Forever Dreamin
01/07/2006, 11:22 AM
I'm having a laugh reading the posts on this thread,and thinking let he who lives in a glasshouse throw the first stone!

Has anyone who posted comments here actually refed a match, I have and believe me its an awful lot harder than it looks. (never actually did a refs badge but have refed in the DDSL when refs didnt turn up etc)

Also as regards overruling the linesman, what about the recent world cup game where the linesman put up the flag for offside even thought he defender clearly played the ball back, good decision that one!

No ref will ever get it all correct but there job would be a lot easier if players had a bit of respect for themselves and stopped cheating.

I would say that most high level refs (EL or equivalent and higher) will make less mistakes then players will during the course of a game but they are only human. They will also have there off days.

Finally as regards Paul M i know him and yes I would agree that he's arrogant but then arent a lot of players and managers, particularly when criticised.

harpskid
02/07/2006, 9:42 AM
dont worry,slag any referee off and you have got a point

:rolleyes:

How do you work that out?

Another user on here challenged him about a dubious decision he made but McKeon replied, 'I don't make mistakes - I refereed in Europe'.

That was me - he's an arrogant ballbag and shouldn't be officiating at a top level.

CollegeTillIDie
02/07/2006, 3:35 PM
I refereed two friendly games when the appointed refs didn't turn up it's harder than it looks.

CollegeTillIDie
02/07/2006, 3:35 PM
Even Graham Poll admitted his mistakes at the World Cup.....

Forever Dreamin
03/07/2006, 12:02 AM
Even Graham Poll admitted his mistakes at the World Cup.....

True, and generally in all walks of life the best will admit their mistakes.

BohsFans
04/07/2006, 3:13 PM
I think we can take it he was suspended then.

Any sighting over the weekend?

Why don't they announce these things? :mad:

football fan
04/07/2006, 4:20 PM
I think we can take it he was suspended then.

Any sighting over the weekend?

Why don't they announce these things? :mad:

Sorry to disappoint you but Dave McKeon was on Inter Toto Cup duty in Europe this week end!!;)

BohsFans
04/07/2006, 4:29 PM
Sorry to disappoint you but Dave McKeon was on Inter Toto Cup duty in Europe this week end!!;)

What match?

Suspensions don't carry into Europe from domestic leagues for players, so they obviously don't for referees.