rasper
29/06/2006, 10:11 PM
the draw for the cup is:
1 Dundalk Women’s FC V Lifford Ladies
2 Limerick Ladies football League V Donegal Women’s Soccer League
3 Dundalk City Women’s V St. Catherines LFC
4 Combined Counties Football League V Tipperary Team
5 UCD Women’s Soccer Club V Wexford & District Women’s League
BYES:Benfica WFC, Cork Women’s League, Galway Ladies League, Limerick Desmond League, MayoPeamount United, Raheny United, Roscommon County Team, Stella Maris FC, Templeogue United LFC, Wilton United.
Fixtures to be played week-ending 27th August 2006

rasper
29/06/2006, 10:18 PM
[QUOTE=rasper]the draw for the cup is:
1 Dundalk Women’s FC V Lifford Ladies
2 Limerick Ladies football League V Donegal Women’s Soccer League
3 Dundalk City Women’s V St. Catherines LFC
4 Combined Counties Football League V Tipperary Team
5 UCD Women’s Soccer Club V Wexford & District Women’s League

winner's should be
lifford
limerick
dundalk city
combined counties
ucd
good luck to all teams

CollegeTillIDie
29/06/2006, 10:43 PM
Well folks spoke to Lifford's coach yesterday when he rang me to find out the draw and he reckons he is missing so many players that Lifford will lose.

Countryripple
30/06/2006, 11:27 AM
Can someone please explain to me what the point is of giving teams byes? I used to think it was cos there was an uneven number entered so the team that was left over just went through to the next round as they had no team to play.

This is obviously not the case as loads of teams get byes.

Help :confused:

pool 7
30/06/2006, 1:58 PM
Any one know where combined league from!!!

CollegeTillIDie
30/06/2006, 7:57 PM
Can someone please explain to me what the point is of giving teams byes? I used to think it was cos there was an uneven number entered so the team that was left over just went through to the next round as they had no team to play.

This is obviously not the case as loads of teams get byes.
Help :confused:

Country ripple

Have you ever had to run a knock-out competition and do fixtures for it?
If you did you would know that the ideal number is a multiple of eight.
32 then a round of 16 then a round of 8 then the semi-finals and a Final as is the case with the FAI Senior Challenge Cup.

This year the WFAI Senior Cup had 21 entrants. The first task is to reduce the number to 16 to enable what I outlined above to take place.
How you do that is have 5 First round ties. The Five qualifiers from that round join the other 11 to make the last 16. And the third round will be the Quarter-finals and this will lead to semi-finals and the final.
Alles klar? :ball:

rasper
14/07/2006, 8:26 AM
date's
1st round 10/09/06

2nd round 1/10/06

Q-Finals 29/10/06

Semi- final 19/11/06

Final 3/12/06

swinfordfc
14/07/2006, 4:34 PM
Has Mayo League join up with Peamount in Dublin?

nemi7
16/07/2006, 6:25 PM
Has Mayo League join up with Peamount in Dublin?

well theres a new one!

nope not that im aware of. Mayo were a good team last year though.

greenumbro
16/07/2006, 10:52 PM
I can't really see that happening/working? First I've heard of it anyway?

CollegeTillIDie
18/07/2006, 7:27 AM
It's a friggin typo there should have been a , between them:rolleyes:

rasper
18/07/2006, 6:53 PM
it looks like peamount joined mayo .mayo are named first but c.t.i.d is right its a typo. peamount are playing as peamount and mayo league as the mayo league .good luck to both teams

swinfordfc
24/07/2006, 12:08 PM
Thanks for that lads or ladies.

In the ladies fai under under 18 cup i see ballina and ballinrobe town are in last 4, who's the other 2 teams left and when's the draw?

rasper
24/07/2006, 11:03 PM
WFAI U18 SEMI - FINAL Draw
Ballinrobe Town VS Raheny
Ballina VS Stella Maris

swinfordfc
25/07/2006, 2:57 PM
WFAI U18 SEMI - FINAL Draw
Ballinrobe Town VS Raheny
Ballina VS Stella Maris

Two Mayo VS Dublin clashes :)

Dodge
25/07/2006, 4:28 PM
Since when is Dundalk a City!?!

Magicme
26/07/2006, 11:22 AM
No dodge they are not a city....they just mispelt ****ty.

monutdfc
26/07/2006, 12:58 PM
Since when is Dundalk a City!?!
The ladies team in Dundalk was called Dundalk City in anticipation of the town being made a city.
The team that won the WFAI Cup last year was assumed into Dundalk FC in the close-season and now plays under the title Dundalk FC. However, a number of the playing and managerial staff did not agree with this and established what is in the eyes of the administrators essentially a new club (though the club would argue otherwise, and I don't know the full facts) called Dundalk City FC

Number9
21/08/2006, 1:40 PM
Challenge match in Buttevant on Sunday - Cork League 0 Limerick League 1. Don't know if victory was deserved or not. Only know that Cork seemed to have a full squad (approx 18 players) and Limerick only had 2 subs. Limerick couldn't use Lifford players as Lifford are also competing in Senior Cup.
Anyone got any info on the game?

rasper
21/08/2006, 9:05 PM
Any other game's played?
ballina (mayo) play a cork team next sunday in limerick in all-ireland final irish cup

Number9
22/08/2006, 9:21 AM
Any time and venue rasper ?

rasper
22/08/2006, 11:19 PM
Jackman Park At 2.30 Sunday 27th

rasper
28/08/2006, 11:00 PM
ballina(mayo) beat ballincollig(cork) 3 - 2 full report is now posted on www.mayowomenssoccer.com is that the first of the irish cups this year for mayo?

Squeez
29/08/2006, 12:24 PM
Challenge match in Buttevant on Sunday - Cork League 0 Limerick League 1. Don't know if victory was deserved or not. Only know that Cork seemed to have a full squad (approx 18 players) and Limerick only had 2 subs. Limerick couldn't use Lifford players as Lifford are also competing in Senior Cup.
Anyone got any info on the game?

Was talking to one or two of their players afterwards, Cork's first match together, a lot of experimenting with the team and they didn't have full squad, aparently they've a squad of 28 players. Think the limerick team was only made up of annacotty and mungret in comparison to cork who have 8 clubs represented so lot of gelling to do.

Number9
29/08/2006, 3:52 PM
ballina(mayo) beat ballincollig(cork) 3 - 2 full report is now posted on www.mayowomenssoccer.com is that the first of the irish cups this year for mayo?

Ballincollig:Lisa O Mahony,Patricia Quinn,Elaine Kavanag,Debbie Coomey,Ashling Kenny,Courtney Collins,Shirley Desmond,Claudine Myles,Sinead Keenan,Victoria St Ledger,Katie Ritson. Subs: Charlotte Chaill,Jennifer Walsh,Aoife McCarty,Selena O Mahony

No Susan or Kariena. Are they not playing with Ballincollig anymore? Injured? Gone over the pond?

As they say - you can only beat what's put in front of you. Well done Ballina.

rasper
01/09/2006, 12:21 PM
kick off times for sunday september 10th:
round one challenge cup
dundalk women v lifford @1 o'clock in oriel park
limerick v donegal @ 2 o'clock in jackman park
dundalk city v st catherines @3 o'clock in friary field
combined countys v tipperary @o'hara park clara offaly @2.30
ucd v wexford @belfield park @2 o'clock

rasper
10/09/2006, 12:14 PM
limerick make it to round two
can anyone fill in the rest of the results
i will post round two fixtures when they are made 2moro

atfconline
10/09/2006, 6:20 PM
Combined Counties beat Tipperary on penalties. Finished 2 - 2 AET I think.

rasper
11/09/2006, 11:36 AM
wins for lifford,ucd,dundark city,limerick and combined counties

Squeez
11/09/2006, 11:37 AM
Any news on the draw for the next round?

rasper
11/09/2006, 5:16 PM
limerick league play mayo league in second round

rasper
11/09/2006, 8:14 PM
Round 2
Oct 1st
Limerick Ladies League V Mayo League
Raheny v Roscommon
Lifford v Combined Counties
Galway League v Dundalk City
Cork League v Peamount United
Limerick Desmond League v Benfica
Templeogue v Wilton United
UCD v Stella Maris

Squeez
13/09/2006, 12:24 AM
Ok time to bite the bullet, who do you think will advance to the quarter finals?
Here it goes...
From what i've heard, mayo are one of the teams to watch so mayo to beat limerick.
Raheny should over come roscommon, as will Lifford over combined counties.
Galway / Dundalk... know Dundalk won it last year but haven't they split this year, just how strong are they? Maybe experience of remaining players will see them through.
Cork / Peamount, another tough call, Peamount only narrowly lost to dundalk in final last year, while cork took a bit of a beating, surely peamount have to be favourites, how's their league form been...
Limerick Des / Benfica close call think benfica might struggle.
Templeogue /Wilton... from what i've seen and heard of wilton they'll be the surprise package this year.
UCD / Stella marris, dublin derby.... expect ucd but ya just never know when local rivalry comes into it!!!

So come on.... who agrees / disagrees etc....:)

pool 7
13/09/2006, 10:49 AM
last eight teams;
mayo
raheny
galway
cork
limerick des
templeogue
ucd
lifford
Most games will be close!!!

rasper
13/09/2006, 6:37 PM
i got the first round right so here goes
raheny
combinded counties
dundalk
cork
benfica
templeogue
ucd
mayo
i also think game's will be close

all match's now to be played on oct 8th

Numero
14/09/2006, 12:34 PM
heard that the u19 international championships are end of sept/beginning oct, and ireland are playin. So what does this mean for teams in WFAI Cup who'll lose important players. Dont stella have irish u19s, ucd, and raheny who seem to have loads. wont some matches have to be cancelled if they are on for oct1?

Squeez
15/09/2006, 12:26 PM
heard that the u19 international championships are end of sept/beginning oct, and ireland are playin. So what does this mean for teams in WFAI Cup who'll lose important players. Dont stella have irish u19s, ucd, and raheny who seem to have loads. wont some matches have to be cancelled if they are on for oct1?

Think some of the games (in which teams are affected) have been put off till the 8th oct? not 100% on this but rumor has it that this is whats gonna happen...

greenumbro
15/09/2006, 4:49 PM
Yea,
I think Raheny were told the 8th... Gonna be some good games in the next round alright! May be some surprises...

chick
16/09/2006, 11:24 PM
2nd round winners-to-be:
Mayo League
Raheny
Lifford
Galway League
Peamount United
Benfica
Wilton United
Stella Maris

nemi7
17/09/2006, 4:51 PM
didnt realise limerick had so many teams that they would form 2 seperate league teams!
who are the best clubs in the area?

chick
17/09/2006, 11:44 PM
the 2nd round games involving players on the u19 womens squad (mayo, raheny, galway/dundalk city, lifford etc) are definitely changed to the 8th oct. i am unsure about whether the other games are been re-arranged or not.

Number9
19/09/2006, 10:06 AM
didnt realise limerick had so many teams that they would form 2 seperate league teams!
who are the best clubs in the area?

Limerick Womens League and Limerick Desmond League both have teams entered. In addition to this, Lifford Ladies who play their league matches in the Limerick Womens League, have also entered.

The strongest teams in the area would be Lifford Ladies, Mungret and Annacotty.

Number9
19/09/2006, 10:49 AM
The WFAI may have moved the Senior Cup matches to a date which allowed the girls representing Ireland at U19 to play with their clubs in the 2nd round of the Senior Cup BUT why did the WFAI/FAI domestic department not know what the WFAI/FAI international department were doing on October 1st? When you consider that the 1st round also clashed with an International date, it beggars belief as to what is happening in the WFAI.

I am making the assumption here that the Senior Cup is drawn and scheduled by the domestic department and the U19 internationals are being run by the international department.

How on earth did they manage to find out that the dates clashed? Was it pointed out to them on foot.ie? Did a club/league team inform them? Did someone from domestic bump into somebody from international in the corridor?

I was talking to the Limerick Womens League manager this morning and he told me that a minimum of 6 of his players had arranged a weekend away in Brussels with their club for 6th, 7th and 8th October after having been told that the 2nd round of the Senior cup was being played on the 1st October. This would appear to be a much more serious loss of resources than clubs/League teams with 1 or 2 players involved in the U19 international. Through no fault of their own, these girls are now out of the Senior Cup leaving their League team depleted with little or no chance of progressing to the next round.

When you consider the howler that was made re the U19 panel last week some other questions comes to mind - does anyone in the WFAI actually know what is going on in the WFAI? Is it actively being managed? Is there anyone accepting responsibility? Who is accountable for all the mistakes? Is it understaffed? Should full time professionals be employed ?(or are the people in charge full time, paid employees already).

Mistakes are made in all walks of life, it just seems that the WFAI make more than most. Could you imagine the press reports if this was the FAI and not the WFAI?

Numero
19/09/2006, 1:09 PM
Yeah agree with you number 9, things need to be amalgamated in there, i think the WFAI is only a group of volunteers. Are they officially part of FAI?

Number9
20/09/2006, 1:41 PM
I was talking to the Limerick Womens League manager this morning and he told me that a minimum of 6 of his players had arranged a weekend away in Brussels with their club for 6th, 7th and 8th October after having been told that the 2nd round of the Senior cup was being played on the 1st October. This would appear to be a much more serious loss of resources than clubs/League teams with 1 or 2 players involved in the U19 international. Through no fault of their own, these girls are now out of the Senior Cup leaving their League team depleted with little or no chance of progressing to the next round.

Well fair play to the Mayo League on their sporting attitude to the Senior Cup match against the Limerick League. From what I hear, they requested that the match be moved to a different date to accomodate Limericks loss of players. Needless to say - they were turned down.

Before this news broke about losing half the starting lineup, I would have forecast a narrow Limerick victory over the Mayo Ladies. Now it has to be a very clearcut and decisive Mayo victory.

You just have to feel sorry for the players and their managers who have put in a fantastic amount of work in preparing for the Senior Cup.

CollegeTillIDie
22/09/2006, 11:43 PM
I may be mistaken, but as a former Executive member of the WFAI , I seem to recall that Cup games are to be played On or Before the given date.

If both sides agree to play the game before October 8th then there is no reason why it cannot proceed.

Number9
25/09/2006, 1:55 PM
I may be mistaken, but as a former Executive member of the WFAI , I seem to recall that Cup games are to be played On or Before the given date.

If both sides agree to play the game before October 8th then there is no reason why it cannot proceed.

This is fine if it's an underage match in the school holidays or the match is being played in June/July/August and the 2 teams are from adjoining counties. The players in the Senior Cup are predominantly girls who have to work for a living. I doubt very much that their employers would allow them a day off (with pay) to play a soccer match.
It is impossible to play a match in the evening at the end of September / beginning of October. There is simply insufficient light. The match must be played at the weekend.

The Irish U19 team is away from 23rd Sept to 1st Oct. if I'm not mistaken. This means that the Mayo League, who have players on the u19 international panel won't play on or between those dates, and rightly so. The remaining weekend - the 7th and 8th of October is the weekend when the Limerick girls organised their weekend away.

Now unless Mayo are going to travel to Limerick midweek and play on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th of October, it is impossible for this game to take place with both teams drawing on the resources of their full panels, which is what ought to have happened, and would have, if the international schedule had been checked.

The WFAI made a mess of the fixtures. Plain and simple. There is NO excuse. The only way that the WFAI can get any credibility back is to reschedule.

I believe that Mayo requested the match be played on Sunday 15th October but were turned down by the WFAI.

pool 7
02/10/2006, 3:25 PM
Any games played on the 1st in WFAI senior cup!!!

Squeez
03/10/2006, 9:32 AM
Wilton United of Cork beat Templeogue 3-1 I think... Good result for the cork side but they were always favourites really!

Were there any other games played?

elaine casey
05/10/2006, 5:59 AM
Anybody got result's of the second games