PDA

View Full Version : Directions to Buckley Park

placid casual
27/06/2006, 9:32 AM
hi.
going to the game tonight and was looking for directions to the ground.
will be coming from the train station
I know the ground is a few km's from the town. in what direction?
thanks

A face
27/06/2006, 11:40 AM
hi.
going to the game tonight and was looking for directions to the ground.
will be coming from the train station
I know the ground is a few km's from the town. in what direction?
thanks

The train station is on one side of the river ... you'll need to cross it (just down the main street) and you'll be heading for college road. At the College Road Roundabout take the exit onto Callan Road and its about 200 metres out that road on your right.

I think i have that right anyway !?!

dfx-
28/06/2006, 1:38 AM
Buckley Park must be the most difficult ground in the entire universe to find..................:eek:

placid casual
28/06/2006, 10:06 AM
yeah i know.
its not even a case of blink and you miss it.
if you keep your eyes open chances are you still miss it.
nice little ground tho.

finlma
28/06/2006, 11:12 AM
onto Callan Road and its about 200 metres out that road on your right.

Thats a bit optimistic face. It's around 2km out the Callan Road.

Decent result last night.

Rory H
28/06/2006, 12:14 PM
very good result for ye

patcorr
29/06/2006, 12:44 AM
Pity about the penalty miss though. Would have made the rest of the game very interesting. But a draw was a fair result.

NY Hoop
29/06/2006, 12:25 PM
Agree.

2 things though. The worst referring performance in a very long time. The "penalty" when it was clear to everyone it was outside the box and the karate kick on one of our players which didnt result in a card but a free to kilkenny:rolleyes:

Secondly the worst programme I have ever bought. €3 for 8 pages one of which was a welcome to Rovers and the rest were ads. I mean why bother.

Great stand behind the goal though but along with Longford the ground has to be the furthest away from the town/city. You'd almost drive by it unless you see the sign at the last second. Why not put up some signs along the way saying "Buckley Park 1km on the right" or something? I've been there plenty of times but there were some who made their first trip.

KOH

patcorr
29/06/2006, 1:37 PM
The referee was brutal. There were some decisions he made that were hard to believe. It has been like that for some time now. The game we had at home to Dundalk the ref was an absolute joke. He gave decisions that just did not make sense for both sides.

Regards the programme, I agree, it was a disaster and probably the worst I have seen. As I type this I am writing up a few pages to go in the next one against Athlone. I think the problem is getting people to do it. The club encourages it but people will talk but do nothing. And in fairness the club people already work themselves to the bone without having to worry about the programme.

The position of thr ground will be in a better place come a few years with the town expanding so much. Originally the club were given the ground as a gift and I suppose could not look a gift horse in the mouth at the time. I have said it to the club before. The directions and the signposting is a joke, but at the moment the local council will not allow signs other than their own to be erected. A law change in the past few years that makes no sense. I have a B&B and have lost out on all my passing trade since this law came in. I actually offer a discount to fans coming to matches in Kilkenny. This website offers details on the club http://www.geocities.com/noresidecats/

NY Hoop
29/06/2006, 1:55 PM
Should have mentioned that nobody would have been bothered if the programme was given away free.

That council rule seems ludicrous alright.

Lemme know more details about your B&B. Need place to stay when we're down again in October.

Lastly when are you getting an official club website?

KOH

joema
29/06/2006, 5:10 PM

KOH

http://www.kilkennycityfc.net/

patcorr
30/06/2006, 10:20 AM
Should have mentioned that nobody would have been bothered if the programme was given away free.

That council rule seems ludicrous alright.

Lemme know more details about your B&B. Need place to stay when we're down again in October.

KOH

Check out this weblink. Mine is Dunloe House.
http://www.kilkennycityonline.com/accom_bb.asp

Ash
10/07/2006, 9:37 AM
Regards the programme, I agree, it was a disaster and probably the worst I have seen. As I type this I am writing up a few pages to go in the next one against Athlone. I think the problem is getting people to do it. The club encourages it but people will talk but do nothing. And in fairness the club people already work themselves to the bone without having to worry about the programme.

Hey Pat,
What happened to the few pages for the Athlone game? In all fairness its the
worst effort of a programme ever.

€3 for a Chairmans welcome, a team sheet and a list of ground regulations,
along with 3 more pages of adverts :eek:
Send Eddie Hobbs to Buckley Park!