PDA

View Full Version : UCD v St catherines

nemi7
26/06/2006, 11:58 PM
can anyone shed some light as to why this game was called off when the Premier league is already well behind in its fixtures this season?

official reason was that the mens UCD team needed the pitch tonight but surely they would have had a fixture list in front of them and would have forseen this clash long ago and made alternative arangements?? ie use one of the many pitches available on UCD sports grounds or switch the fixture as a home match for catherines and play in Walkinstown.

UCD conspiracy theorists are out in force again i tell ya , with a number of valid reasons why they think they game was called off... so just want to hear what everyone else thinks of this.

I know there have been genuine reasons for games bein postponed this season, weather, exams, car crash...but now it looks like August is gonna be one hell of a jam packed month with prem cup, wfai cup and now more league games to squish in so seems like an utterly mad decision to cancel yet another game.

Countryripple
27/06/2006, 10:51 AM
rules are that if a team that has two teams sharing a pitch have a clash of fixtures, the opposition team must make a pitch available.

came across this myself a few years ago. we were rightly screwed. were not asked if our pitch was available....which it would have been....just told the match was off cos other team using the pitch and it'd be played another day instead. of course this refixed day was not good for us as it we had had the game down for its original date.

if the teams pitch is not available they are supposed to contact the opposition. in my view, the league are not upholding their own rules by not enforcing this. i think that its a poor excuse that could easily be rectified through contact with the other team. its a cop out the game not being played..........how do u know that they just couldnt field a team??

CollegeTillIDie
01/07/2006, 5:24 PM
can anyone shed some light as to why this game was called off when the Premier league is already well behind in its fixtures this season?

official reason was that the mens UCD team needed the pitch tonight but surely they would have had a fixture list in front of them and would have forseen this clash long ago and made alternative arangements?? ie use one of the many pitches available on UCD sports grounds or switch the fixture as a home match for catherines and play in Walkinstown.

UCD conspiracy theorists are out in force again i tell ya , with a number of valid reasons why they think they game was called off... so just want to hear what everyone else thinks of this.

I know there have been genuine reasons for games bein postponed this season, weather, exams, car crash...but now it looks like August is gonna be one hell of a jam packed month with prem cup, wfai cup and now more league games to squish in so seems like an utterly mad decision to cancel yet another game.

EL fixture clashed with DWSL. Game was supposed to be played on the Wednesday.