PDA

View Full Version : Tournament best XI so far

nedder
24/06/2006, 2:31 PM
Following team was in todays Indo as team of the tournament ( up to end of qualifiers)

Bobadilla ( Paraguay)

Emerton (Aus)
Lahm (Ger)
Ayala (Arg)
Puyol (Spa)

Frings ( Ger)
Kaka (Bra)
Riquelme ( Arg)
Robben ( Hol)

Klose (Ger)
Torres (Spa)

My selection so far....

Van De Sar

Cafu
Lahm
Senderos
Ayala

Appiah
Cambiasso
Riquelme
J Cole

Torres
Klose

Others that have been very good Pirlo, Robben, Essien,Friedrich, kaka, Puyol etc etc

stojkovic
24/06/2006, 4:59 PM
Abbondanzieri
Collocini Ayala Heinze Sorin
Rodriquez Mascherano Cambiasso
Riquelme
Saviola Crespo

Who would you replace with who ?

Torres and Ballack may get a shout and thats it.

Cafu and Joke Hole - do me a favour.

Senderos - now i know you're havin a laugh.

Sheridan
24/06/2006, 5:30 PM
Ayala's had a fine tournament so far. I'd include the Tunisian forward Jaziri in my first round XI.

eirebhoy
24/06/2006, 5:41 PM
The Swiss keeper has made as much saves as anyone and kept 3 clean sheets. Senderos and Cannavaro have both been rocks. Dwight Yorke has been the best defensive midfielder of the tournament so far if you ask me. I wouldn't have any Aussie defender in my team. Other than that I wouldn't argue with it.

btw - It annoys me that Nesta always gets a mention for these things when Cannavaro is usually the better. While Nesta is great with the ball at his feet, Cannavaro leads the line and leads it superbly.

Kingdom
27/06/2006, 4:11 AM
btw - It annoys me that Nesta always gets a mention for these things when Cannavaro is usually the better. While Nesta is great with the ball at his feet, Cannavaro leads the line and leads it superbly.

Finally the myth is exposed! I've held this belief for a long time. He is brilliant in the air for a little lad too.