PDA

View Full Version : Rovers -v- Derry City, Monday 26th June...

feo123
24/06/2006, 12:47 PM
after a great 3 points on friday night, we'll be goin into this one full of confidence! barring injuries im sure it will be the same 11 that started in dalymount!! unbeaten at home this season, im quitely confident for this one!!
1-0......Hughes!

The Stars
24/06/2006, 5:07 PM
id take a draw.Bohs are muck and playing Derry is a real step up in class.
they destroyed us earlier in the season and although we are at home,not sure it will count for much.if the crowd get behind the team,you never know though.
Foyzer will score this time though.a free kick.

sligoman
24/06/2006, 5:49 PM
Two words, Pat McCourt:eek:.

feo123
25/06/2006, 1:29 PM
2words........Keith Foy!!

ali2005
25/06/2006, 3:15 PM
IMO i think we would be lucky with a draw! But i really think it might be a repeat of earlier this season

feo123
25/06/2006, 4:02 PM
were in good form now....unbeaten in 5 games! we will get at least a point!!!

gustavo
25/06/2006, 5:01 PM
I doubt Switzerland Ukraine will affect the crowd too much either. 1-1.

Red4Eva
25/06/2006, 11:44 PM
we've made a lot of progress since the game in the brandywell&i most definitely cannot see a repeat of that game. up until a few weeks ago i thought derry were a great shout to win the league but my opinion of them isn't as high as it was then. mccourt is obviously a great player but he doesn't turn up every week&the "farmer's field" might stifle him somewhat. our performance v bohs wouldn't have much affect on how i think this game will go but the result does as it will boost confidence no end&in some games i don't think the team has enough confidence. 1-0 mansaram

Speranza
26/06/2006, 12:45 AM
Is this the same McCourt that was Player of the Month for May? Ciaran Martyn is a far bigger danger to your defence that Paddy and Farren is getting his sharpness back. We are top if we beat you so I don't see why your opinion isn't as high. Could be a long night for Rover's fans.

sligoman
26/06/2006, 12:51 AM
Could be a long night for Rover's fans.I'm not confident of getting anything from tomorrow night's game but if we're on form(which we are) then the same could be said for City fans;).

I think it'll finish 1-1 with Hughes or McTiernan scoring for us, Flash the provider:).

Bravo
26/06/2006, 10:23 AM
what time is KO, is it 8.00??

nephin
26/06/2006, 10:37 AM
what time is KO, is it 8.00??

I think its 7:45

Rory H
26/06/2006, 11:01 AM
I'm not confident of getting anything from tomorrow night's game but if we're on form(which we are) then the same could be said for City fans;).

I think it'll finish 1-1 with Hughes or McTiernan scoring for us, Flash the provider:).

you contradict yourself about 3 times in that post sligoman:confused:

Red&White Rover
26/06/2006, 11:26 AM
1-0..Flash!

sligoman
26/06/2006, 11:31 AM
you contradict yourself about 3 times in that post sligoman:confused:It's so I'm well covered weather we win, lose or draw:D :p.

Bravo
26/06/2006, 11:31 AM
CHEERS

Rory H
26/06/2006, 11:32 AM
It's so I'm well covered weather we win, lose or draw:D :p.

its sunny outside so you've won already:p

Rory H
26/06/2006, 11:33 AM

it is 7.45 and will be for the forseeable future.the club are allowing everyone to watch the 1st half of coronation street in a bid to increase crowds

sligoman
26/06/2006, 11:35 AM
it is 7.45 and will be for the forseeable future.the club are allowing everyone to watch the 1st half of coronation street in a bid to increase crowdsGood move by the board in my opinion, can't be missing Roy and his man bag:D.

nephin
26/06/2006, 11:36 AM
it is 7.45 and will be for the forseeable future.the club are allowing everyone to watch the 1st half of coronation street in a bid to increase crowds

:D we can also see a full episode of Emmerdale :D

Rory H
26/06/2006, 11:38 AM
emmerdale has been moved 10 o clock..the reason tv3 give is because of the world cup...but really....oliver davey has been roughing up tv3 weather man martin king;)

Rory H
26/06/2006, 11:38 AM
Good move by the board in my opinion, can't be missing Roy and his man bag:D.

dont go off topic sligoman

sligoman
26/06/2006, 11:58 AM
dont go off topic sligomanThat's not what you said before you edited it;).

Connor targets Derry scalp

Sligo Rovers manager Sean Connor has targeted a victory over Derry City at the Showgrounds tonight, although the Candystripes make the short journey to their north-west rivals in the knowledge that a win will see them take over at the top of the Premier Division table.

Derry climbed to second place in the top flight with a 3-0 win over Dublin City on Friday night.

With a superior goal difference to third-placed Drogheda – who also play this evening – and leaders Cork not in action until Tuesday, Derry will move to the top of the table, for 24 hours at least, with three points tonight.

But Sligo are also in good form, as evidenced by their 2-0 away win over Bohemians on Friday, and Sean Connor’s side have put together a seven-match unbeaten run in front of their home fans this season.

And Belfast native Connor is looking for a victory as vengeance for his team’s heaviest defeat of the campaign to date, a 3-1 reverse at the Brandywell back in March.

He told the Irish Sun: “Derry was the only spanking we’ve taken this year and my pride was hit by that. Also, as a Belfast boy, there’s always that rivalry with Derry and I’d love to get one over on them.”

http://elevenaside.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=23187

avvenalaf
26/06/2006, 1:17 PM
'Derry was the only spanking we've taken this year'. Well that explains Belfield - it was obviously Athlone Town I was watching.

sligoman
26/06/2006, 2:06 PM
Sean Flannery is pushing for a starting place up front:eek: as Sligo Rovers boss Sean Connor has a full squad to pick from.

'Derry are probably the form team in the league,' said Connor. 'They are strong in every department and gave us a good spanking earlier in the season.'

Ken Oman and striker Kevin McHugh (hamstring) are sidelined for Derry.

Though Clive Delaney made the bench for Friday's 3-0 defeat of Dublin City, Derry are likely to be unchanged with Mark McChrystal again set to partner skipper Peter Hutton in central defence.

The Stars
26/06/2006, 4:04 PM
Flannery wont be starting.He couldnt drop McT or Flash and Judge would be the next in line anyway.
with the sunshine tis morning i thought we were certs to win but clouds dont suit us......come on sunshine.

feo123
27/06/2006, 12:17 AM
the sun shone and so did the team!!!!

roversforever
27/06/2006, 6:59 AM
great win for the rovers.some excellent performances.mct ran himself into the ground as usual but i thought conor o grady ran him close for man of the match.keith foy was very good again,probably our best player so far over the course of the season.thought flash was quiet first half but sharper in the second.and what a goal that would have been from hughesie from half way!just want to give a special mention to the derry fans.they were absolutely brilliant last night.they didn't stop singing from start to finish, even when they're team was 3-1 down.They showed us up. They are real football fans, not like our lot who sit in silence for 90mins.

avvenalaf
27/06/2006, 10:32 AM
We sit in awed silence.

PS. The Derry fans were fantastic but then they always have been the best fans coming to the Showgrounds - a bit like the Irish fans when they go to a foreign country

Red4Eva
27/06/2006, 11:47 PM
just want to give a special mention to the derry fans.they were absolutely brilliant last night.they didn't stop singing from start to finish, even when they're team was 3-1 down.They showed us up. They are real football fans, not like our lot who sit in silence for 90mins.

i have to agree. although i don't expect every1(ie. women&children) to be singin you'd expect that more than 20-30 of us would get into it. derry's fans are an absolute credit to the league

sligobhoy67
28/06/2006, 9:51 PM
attendance??

micls
28/06/2006, 9:59 PM
(ie. women&children)

Dont presume women and children wont sing. In the cross most women girls join in in the 'shed area' and the family enclosure have their own drums and make a hell of a lot of noise