PDA

View Full Version : Another iPod problem

The Stars
22/06/2006, 10:30 AM
the battery on my mini ipod only lasts for about 40mins max.
can you buy new batteries or what can i do about it?

max power
23/06/2006, 11:55 AM
you'll have to get apple to do it, they are designed in such a way that there is damn all you can do yourself.

CollegeTillIDie
27/06/2006, 8:28 PM
So what's the consensus are I-pods more trouble than they are worth?

dahamsta
27/06/2006, 9:24 PM
They're very pretty and they seem very usable, but I don't think I'm going to buy one at this stage (I've lusted after a nano for a good while now). Apple has effectively built them to fail, and their lack of respect for customer is absolutely shameless and disgusting.

adam

Risteard
27/06/2006, 9:51 PM
ove mine to bits and would be lost without it.
But i effectively am the battery is so bad.
I'm gonna get them to look at it and hopefully they'll be helpful.
At the moment i'd recommend buying the bigger one definately.

The Stars
28/06/2006, 1:53 PM
i heard the nanos are pretty good,however,when the first came out they had to recall trhousands of them because the screens scratched too easily.

Marked Man
29/06/2006, 1:35 AM
Definitely more trouble than they're worth. Buy a flash-drive mp3 player instead. They come in up to 2gig capacity, and there are no problems replacing their single AAA battery. Bought a no-name one on e-bay a while back for $30.

RogerMilla
06/07/2006, 11:21 AM
no name mp3 players are great value but i am obsessed with my pod
i love it !!
so easy to use , holds all my music , looks great , have had no battery problems but have heard of others with problems

ken foree
06/07/2006, 1:37 PM
i love mine, no problems after 3 or 4 years ownership. it's an older 20 gig. i think you have to make sure that you fully charge your ipod the first time you use it to sustain a better lithium battery life. could be wrong but i foggily remember reading something about this. also, try downloading the latest version of the ipod software if you don't already have it, i believe some of these updates relate to ipod/battery performance. failing that, try ipodlounge on the web for all questions ipod. failing THAT, you probably will need a replacement battery from apple. colleague had to replace his and the local apple store sorted him out no problem.

The Stars
07/07/2006, 4:01 PM
how much those it cost to replace the battery ken?

ken foree
18/07/2006, 6:27 PM
sorry the stars, i forgot to reply to you. colleague here said the battery replacement was 70 to 80 US which.. sucks. coincidentally, the last two nights i've been charging my old 20 gig on the bose speaker thing i have and consecutive mornings i've noticed that it only had a sliver of charge. only a sliver, from charging all night long. the only variable is the extreme heat we've been having here (N.E. u.s.a.) and when i take the thing off the dock it's piping! so perhaps overheating also causes battery loss or at least interferes with re-charging. either way, it looks as if a new pod might be in my future...

The Stars
18/07/2006, 9:00 PM
so i should put it in the fridge????
ah no,thanks anyway....could be over heating.

Metrostars
19/07/2006, 6:53 PM
I've had my ipod mini for about a year and a half, no problems at all. Except about 6 months ago when 1 morning running for the train i dropped it and it bounced on the ground 4-5 times. It didnt work so I brought it into my local Apple store, told them the story, they couldnt fix it and they said 'well because you said you dropped it, we cant replace it even though they I had a 1 year warranty. So I went to a different Apple store and left out the bit about dropping it and they replaced it no problem with a new one. I use mine daily except I think I might upgrade to a higher capacity one.

As for the Stars, if it is under 1 year old, I think the warranty might help you, contact Apple.

Drumcondra Red
19/07/2006, 8:40 PM
I've had a 20GB one for nearly 2 years, love it and no problems!!!

The Stars
19/07/2006, 11:31 PM
got it at X-mas in 2004 so guess the warranty is up.

DmanDmythDledge
28/07/2006, 8:33 PM
I'm just after buying an Ipod. I thought you had to charge it for something like 12 hours when you first bought it but it was fully charged when I turned it on first. Does anybody know do I have to charge it or not?

De Town
28/07/2006, 10:00 PM
I'm just after buying an Ipod. I thought you had to charge it for something like 12 hours when you first bought it but it was fully charged when I turned it on first. Does anybody know do I have to charge it or not?
Definately charge it for at least 12 hours.

DmanDmythDledge
28/07/2006, 10:05 PM
Would you have to wait that long to start putting songs on it?

De Town
28/07/2006, 10:57 PM
Would you have to wait that long to start putting songs on it?
No because when you plug it into the computer it charges it aswell...So put the songs on now if you want.

DmanDmythDledge
28/07/2006, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the help!

DmanDmythDledge
29/07/2006, 12:02 AM
I've been trying to do it for the last hour but could someone please tell me how to put songs onto an ipod???!!!!!

DmanDmythDledge
29/07/2006, 1:03 AM
Finally figured it out now.

paul_oshea
02/08/2006, 6:18 PM
Lol!!