PDA

View Full Version : Team for friday

pete
03/07/2002, 4:03 PM
Besides a new jersey are anyone know if we likely to see a new players wearing them on friday?

Any predictions for starting 11 on friday?

Ali-G
03/07/2002, 4:12 PM
Well, we have 4 players suspended since last season.
Conor O Grady
Alan Reynolds,
Billy Woods
Greg (I think)
So, whoever plays, the side playing on Friday night will not be our strongest team. You would expect Billy, Conor and Alan to be first teamers.
Of the newcomers, I reckon we will see Dave Warren in midfield, and George O callaghan up fromt with young Colin. Unless the new signing, O Flynn gets his game. And Gareth Cronin is likely to start in centre of defence alongside Napier.

Neil
03/07/2002, 4:14 PM
Originally posted by pete
Any predictions for starting 11 on friday?

---------Devine-----------

Carey Napier Andrews Hoggy

O'Brien Warren O'Callaghan Mulconroy Cronin

-------Colin P--------

pete
03/07/2002, 4:34 PM
Originally posted by Neil

---------Devine-----------

Carey Napier Andrews Hoggy

O'Brien Warren O'Callaghan Mulconroy Cronin

-------Colin P--------

Lets hope its not that team anyway as that midfield doesn't inspire me with any confidence.

:eek:

Colm
03/07/2002, 8:29 PM
According to tonights Echo Billy isnt suspended but is a very doubtful with an injury.
For what its worth heres my team -
------------Devine----------
Carey, Napier, Cronin, Horgan
-------------Bennett-----------
C.T. O'Brien---------Woods/Mulconroy
-----------O'Callaghan-----------
-----C.P. O'Brien, Warren-----

dalo
04/07/2002, 10:07 AM
pretty weak alright. i'd settle for a draw as i am sure shels will have a full stregth squad

Neil
04/07/2002, 10:33 AM
How about?

Colin T Mulconroy Benno Woods
-------George -- Colin P--------

With Georgy hanging back to help in midfield...

pete
04/07/2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Neil
How about?

Colin T Mulconroy Benno Woods
-------George -- Colin P--------

With Georgy hanging back to help in midfield...

When we missing ConorO & Reynolds (think might need to prepare for his regular absence) shows how very weak we are in midfield.

Unless Colin T surprisingly rediscovers some form IMO we will be in trouble relying on him on the right. Mulconroy ain't shown signs he anything other than a squad player either.

I know we missing a few players but even allowing for that squad now seems so much weaker than i thought before.

niamh
04/07/2002, 12:14 PM
doesn't inspire confidence alright, but hey let's be positive!
Shels aren't getting their trophy until the day after they play us....so they are not the crowned champions yet!!

Troy.McClure
05/07/2002, 3:17 PM
The following is the Shelbourne FC panel for the opening eircom League match v Cork City:-

Steve Williams, Chris Bennion,Dave Crawley, Barry Prenderville, James Gannon, Tony Mc Carthy, Ollie Cahill, Wes Holihan, Stewart Byrne, Davy Byrne, Kevin Doherty, Trevor Molloy, Pat Fenlon, Stephen Geoghegan, Jim Crawford, Clive Ross, Philip Byrne.

According to ShelsWeb (http://www.shelbournefc.ie/)

Where have all the Bakers gone?
We should have some good chants with the likes of Cahill, Molloy & Prenderville (ok not the real one, but...:D ) in the squad.