PDA

View Full Version : Pats Shels

dubman
17/06/2006, 1:32 PM
i have a funny feeling Pats and shels will comment to sharing a new gound , seeking funding from FAI etc. It would be the only ground in dublin needing funding and would look very good to be playing ball for next year's super new league

Raheny Red
17/06/2006, 1:37 PM
Ollie has denied Tallaght and Castleknock. So that leaves Richmond unfortunately :( or going it alone :) - please God it's the lattter!

Anto McC
17/06/2006, 1:46 PM
I doubt it very much!

soccerc
17/06/2006, 1:54 PM
i have a funny feeling Pats and shels will comment to sharing a new gound , seeking funding from FAI etc. It would be the only ground in dublin needing funding and would look very good to be playing ball for next year's super new league

Not a chance, watch this space for some interesting development* at Inchicore.

*and not housing or apartments.:cool:

thejollyrodger
17/06/2006, 1:58 PM
To be honest, I dont want shels sharing a group with another big Dublin club like Shams. Shams are going to get an awful lot of support in Tallaght. If Shels went there we would be getting the minority share.

Who wants to head out to Richmond though ? not me :)

el punter
17/06/2006, 2:38 PM

Not the first time we've heard recent rumblings of news at Inchicore. Spill the beans will ya!

Dodge
17/06/2006, 3:08 PM

Although maybe...

B-Stand
17/06/2006, 3:39 PM
Although maybe...

McDowells? ;)

BohDiddley
18/06/2006, 12:13 PM
Pat's would be crazy to let Shels into Inchicore.

desaintsno.12
18/06/2006, 5:54 PM
soccerc stop holding back on us. what ya know ?

kdjaC
18/06/2006, 10:39 PM
Pat's would be crazy to let Shels into Inchicore.

Lets be realistic here , why ?

We have 0 money to build, we need 7.5 million to make ummm something that resembles a stadium, the goverment have never given us anything so what they not giving us isnt a loss (lotto money doesnt count).

Shels have no stadium and maybe some money to build a team.

I dont want to leave Richmond if sharing was the only choice i would take it even if it was Rovers, the only thing i would actually care about is the pitch and with summer soccer it only cuts up in march.

if they moved in and it was made a 6k all seater 9just the stand all the way round) i would be perfectly happy.

let them have the toilet by the camac for supporters meetings and such , jeez they can call it an end if they a few in.

We would still be at home and Richmond would still be a ground.

And .....if Shels do get into the Cl and run amok among the league for the next forever by being the bestest club evar!!! Would need a bigger ground soon enough.

kdjac

Buile Shuibhne
18/06/2006, 10:49 PM
Shels are going to the Santry Siro

Roverstillidie
19/06/2006, 9:25 AM

this an announcement of some description?

amazed no-one picked up on this

Buller
19/06/2006, 9:44 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
your joking right?!

Anto McC
19/06/2006, 4:44 PM
No joke lads!!

Roverstillidie
19/06/2006, 5:32 PM
permanent or short to medium term?

dubman
19/06/2006, 8:49 PM
So whats the crack with richmond.. I remember so many tales over the years.. is mister wallace sniffing again. DO shels want to come south side..

Anto McC
19/06/2006, 9:44 PM
permanent or short to medium term?

I think it would be a waste of time and money(money which can ill afford to be wasted) to move into a stadium with any other view than it being permanent!!

I cant say exactly but i certainly hope it's permanent!

Dodge
19/06/2006, 10:19 PM
could be the making/breaking of shels. I know Rovers crowds plummeted out there

Anto McC
19/06/2006, 10:21 PM

If our crowds plummet anymore there'll be about 39 of us!

Raheny Red
20/06/2006, 9:35 AM

Well that had to do with the fact that they were there short term and it's a **** hole. However, if we are there for good then the place should/will be revamped and therefore hopefully not affecting our already terrible crowds!

Dodge
20/06/2006, 9:41 AM
Well that had to do with the fact that they were there short term and it's a **** hole. However, if we are there for good then the place should/will be revamped and therefore hopefully not affecting our already terrible crowds!
Thats wy I put in make/break. it could be great for you. Where will athletics Ireland come into this? Its still their national stadium

DvB
20/06/2006, 9:43 AM
one other reason i always thought the Santry Siro was negative from an attendances perspective was the fact we were there during the traditional winter football season with games having early afternoon kick offs on a sunday afternoon, this clashed with Junior & schoolboy fixtures and coupled with our predictable winter weather easily affected the numbers travelling to games week in week out.
However the first game we ever played there v Cork in the now defunct Super Cup was on a summers evening & at the time the general concensus was that it would be a great place to host regular football, on that basis the change to summer football may help Shels proposal to relocate there.

Koh

bohsmug
20/06/2006, 9:48 AM
There would be a good spread of Dublin clubs then. At the moment we've got Pats, Rovers, Shels and Bohs (& Dub City) playing within a very close distance to each other which everyone knows isn't working. Gambles being taken by both Bohs and Shels. Interesting times!

P.S. If Shels do move to Santry I really hope something serious is done with the place. It was my least favourite ground to go to.

Raheny Red
20/06/2006, 9:49 AM
Thats wy I put in make/break. it could be great for you. Where will athletics Ireland come into this? Its still their national stadium

I have not got a clue about that, hopefully they will be relocated somewhere else though I can't see that happening especially if the stadium is being revamped. Hopefully this does make us even if the ground will have a poxy running track :rolleyes: