PDA

View Full Version : Bohs fined €1000

iceman
16/06/2006, 8:11 PM
Bohemians have been fined €1000 over the missile throwing incidents at United Park recently.
http://gypsiesweb.proboards48.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1150296512

Anto McC
17/06/2006, 1:16 AM
Well deserved!

Dodge
17/06/2006, 10:31 AM
HAve they been "warned as to their future conduct" again?

pete
17/06/2006, 4:23 PM
I think Drogs shoud have been warned about in adequate security arrangements too. Drogs not doing their job if letting people in with beer bottles.

BohDiddley
17/06/2006, 4:42 PM
Bohemians have been fined €1000 over the missile throwing incidents at United Park recently.
http://gypsiesweb.proboards48.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1150296512
I hope those who threw bottles to demonstrate their love of the club can stump up the cash. As if...
We need these cretins out now.

ndrog
18/06/2006, 1:06 PM
I think Drogs shoud have been warned about in adequate security arrangements too. Drogs not doing their job if letting people in with beer bottles.

And what do you suggest they do .Search every single bohs fan coming in the gate.If people want to smuggle beer into a football ground they will .Theres not a hell of a lot you can do about it.

Raheny Red
18/06/2006, 1:25 PM
And what do you suggest they do .Search every single bohs fan coming in the gate.If people want to smuggle beer into a football ground they will .Theres not a hell of a lot you can do about it.

:rolleyes: erm yes:rolleyes: just a quick pat down will be sufficent ;)

pete
18/06/2006, 3:25 PM

Search all bags for starters. Looked like insufficient stewards for what looked like 300-400 Bohs fans anyway. Also as suggested a gentle pat down as bottles hard to hide.

iceman
18/06/2006, 4:43 PM
Looked like insufficient stewards for what looked like 300-400 Bohs fans anyway.

Bohs were asked for, and agreed to provide their own stewards for that part of the ground, and to point out the "fans" that they have barred from home games , thus asisting the Drogs from refusing them entry , but on the night the Bohs stewards were suddenly "unavailable".

BohsFans
18/06/2006, 5:09 PM
How much has the eircom league fined Declan O'Brien for his Jason Byrne type celebration?
If he had showed a bit of cop-on and responsibility in 'celebrating' his goal, no bottles would have been thrown at him!

A bit too much to expect from a 'captain' down the country I suppose! :rolleyes:

aido1895
18/06/2006, 5:23 PM
How much has the eircom league fined Declan O'Brien for his Jason Byrne type celebration?
If he had showed a bit of cop-on and responsibility in 'celebrating' his goal, no bottles would have been thrown at him!

A bit too much to expect from a 'captain' down the country I suppose! :rolleyes:

I always find great amusement in the stupidity of arguments like the one youve just made. Nobody made the bohs scum throw bottles on the pitch.

Fans who abuse players and teams and then get all high and mighty when the players celebrate infront of them is hypocrisy(sp?) of the highest order.
There is no excuse for throwing bottles onto a pitch irregardless of wheather or not an opposing player celebrates infront of the opposition fans

BohsFans
18/06/2006, 5:28 PM
I always find great amusement in the stupidity of arguments like the one youve just made. Nobody made the bohs scum throw bottles on the pitch.

Fans who abuse players and teams and then get all high and mighty when the players celebrate infront of them is hypocrisy(sp?) of the highest order.
There is no excuse for throwing bottles onto a pitch irregardless of wheather or not an opposing player celebrates infront of the opposition fans
:rolleyes:

Less than 20 mins. quick for a Sunday aido! :eek: :rolleyes:

aido1895
18/06/2006, 5:33 PM

Less than 20 mins. quick for a Sunday aido! :eek: :rolleyes:

I take it you'd prefer to ignore my point that if Bohs scum had shown restraint then no bottles would have been thrown , and that it was infact the fault of bohs scum and not the player that bottles had been thrown ?

BohsFans
18/06/2006, 5:39 PM
I take it you'd prefer to ignore my point that if Bohs scum had shown restraint then no bottles would have been thrown , and that it was infact the fault of bohs scum and not the player that bottles had been thrown ?

I stopped reading at bohs s***. Grow up!

aido1895
18/06/2006, 5:42 PM
I stopped reading at bohs s***. Grow up!

So you dont think that people who throw bottles during football matches are scum ? :rolleyes:

OneRedArmy
18/06/2006, 6:33 PM
In any other country with a semi-functional police force players who incited fans would be warned or charged with an offence.

In any other country with a semi-functional football association a club whose fans threw bottles on the pitch having previously been "warned as to their future conduct" would be fined more than 5% of their weekly wage bill.

Incompetence on all sides, as per usual. Unless sanctions are strong enough to force clubs to act then they are useless.

BohDiddley
18/06/2006, 6:53 PM

Of course he should be sanctioned. But that doesn't excuse the bottle throwing. PS: very old news.

Roo69
20/06/2006, 5:38 PM

If rules are to be stuck by then yes why did the eircom league not fine or warn fabio about his celebration ?

But in fairness, if fans can dish out the abuse then they should be able to take a small bit back if a player scores.... not start crying and whinging about it.

el punter
20/06/2006, 6:30 PM
When Shels beat Derry a few weeks ago the Shels team celebrated in front of the Derry fans. And I saw a Shels player taunting the fans saying 'Go and bang your f***ing drums'

The Derry fans did not throw anything at the celebrating players, who are in my opinion entitled to celebrate where they like.

For me, its just about the fans not crossing a line. Some people at United Park to support Bohs crossed it. Fabio just scored a goal like he's paid to do.

BohsFans
20/06/2006, 6:50 PM
When Shels beat Derry a few weeks ago the Shels team celebrated in front of the Derry fans. And I saw a Shels player taunting the fans saying 'Go and bang your f***ing drums'

The Derry fans did not throw anything at the celebrating players, who are in my opinion entitled to celebrate where they like.

For me, its just about the fans not crossing a line. Some people at United Park to support Bohs crossed it. Fabio just scored a goal like he's paid to do.

completely different situation. Were you at the game in Drogheda?

aido1895
20/06/2006, 6:54 PM

How do you know it is a completely different situation ? Were you at the game in Tolka ?

From seeing highlights of the Drogheda v Bohs game and attending the Shels v Derry game it was a very similar situation.

DmanDmythDledge
20/06/2006, 6:54 PM
completely different situation.
Could you explain? Seems the same to me- team scores, player celebrates in front of opposition fans.

el punter
20/06/2006, 9:14 PM

No, but saw the incident on TV.

Goal scored by home team, scorer celebrates in front of visiting fans. I'm struggling to see how it's completely different.

Conor H
20/06/2006, 9:36 PM
What clowns decide the fines? (http://www.foot.ie/showpost.php?p=489594&postcount=5)

WTF like??....They actually think both incidents merit the same fine?:rolleyes:
ugghh!!:mad:

Roverstillidie
20/06/2006, 9:42 PM
What clowns decide the fines? (http://www.foot.ie/showpost.php?p=489594&postcount=5)

WTF like??....They actually think both incidents merit the same fine?:rolleyes:
ugghh!!:mad:

you are right, stewards verbally attacking referees is part and parcel of the game and should in fact be encouraged.

DmanDmythDledge
20/06/2006, 10:00 PM
you are right, stewards verbally attacking referees is part and parcel of the game and should in fact be encouraged.
So you think that was equally as bad as a number of fans trying to take a player's head off?

Conor H
21/06/2006, 12:52 PM
Ah no but it isn't as bad as missiles been thrown on the pitch.FACT!

OneRedArmy
21/06/2006, 6:02 PM

For me, its just about the fans not crossing a line. Some people at United Park to support Bohs crossed it. Fabio just scored a goal like he's paid to do.Since you brought it up EL punter, I'll bite on this one.

See my post above. In any country with a semi-effective police force what the Shels players did would be viewed as incitement and they would be warned or charged. Personally, if Stuart Byrne, who "celebrated" the last minute goal with a syringe injecting type gesture at the Derry fans (pots and kettles), did it when he was any closer to me I'd have knocked the pudgy ****** out. The fact that Derry fans didn't react only proves that we tend not to do that kind of thing, not that what he did wasn't incitement or shouldn't be punished.

Like it or not the actions of players and fans are not the same and players are expected to show exemplary behaviour and so it should be. The actions of one player can cause trouble among hundreds or thousands of fans and thats why a higher standard is applied.

Poor stewarding and poor policing is as much to blame for trouble as fans of certain clubs looking for a ruck.

el punter
21/06/2006, 6:39 PM
Stuart Byrne, who "celebrated" the last minute goal with a syringe injecting type gesture at the Derry fans

I thought it was a drum beating gesture personally, but there you go. For what it was worth it seemed more inciting than anything O'Brien did at the Bohs game - though the camera angle was from behind, so it doesnt show anything Fabio may have said (such as please throw bottles now :) ) or any gesture he may have made.

aido1895
22/06/2006, 12:14 AM
I thought it was a drum beating gesture personally......
Thats what it looked like, but of course Derry fans would like to twist it into something which would make absolutely no sense !

David
22/06/2006, 8:45 AM
who are in my opinion entitled to celebrate where they like.

I would disagree with this. It does not justify missiles being thrown but I feel there is a responsibility on players not to inflame situations. Players should celebrate with their team mates or own fans.

CharlesThompson
22/06/2006, 10:31 AM
I thought it was a drum beating gesture personally, but there you go. For what it was worth it seemed more inciting than anything O'Brien did at the Bohs game - though the camera angle was from behind, so it doesnt show anything Fabio may have said (such as please throw bottles now :) ) or any gesture he may have made.

Actually I think that's exactly what he was saying.

Roverstillidie
22/06/2006, 10:49 AM
Ah no but it isn't as bad as missiles been thrown on the pitch.FACT!

maybe not, but the incident in galway was very serious and deserved a large fine

you cannot have stewards trying to intimidate the ref.

gufct
22/06/2006, 11:06 AM
intimadating the ref and were not aggressive. They apologised to the referee and he accepted their apology but he still reported them.

They were allowed no personal hearing (which is unlawful in any organisation) and had to pay €500 to appeal it but were still not asked for their side of the story and the appeal was turned down.

The chairman of the committee is the illustrious Michael Hyland enough said.

Terry
22/06/2006, 11:06 AM
maybe not, but the incident in galway was very serious and deserved a large fine

you cannot have stewards trying to intimidate the ref.

It wasnt intimidating but giving an opinion, or is that not allowed either???

Rory H
22/06/2006, 11:07 AM
It wasnt intimidating but giving an opinion, or is that not allowed either???

not by a steward