PDA

View Full Version : Oh my God Argentina!

osarusan
16/06/2006, 2:52 PM
Ok, I know Serbia and Montenegro arent the best in the World, and I know they were totally dispirited as they knew they were going out, and I know they were tired because they were down to 10 men, but that was still one of the most clinical performances I've ever seen, with goals of the highest quality.

A chilling message for all other teams.

drinkfeckarse
16/06/2006, 3:06 PM
Still at work so haven't seen it, looking forward to the highlights though. I listened to the radio and they sounded superb. Favourites now I would imagine.

Poor Student
16/06/2006, 3:26 PM
It was like an exhibition game. Serbia were disinterested and weren't trying. But yes, Argentina scored some sweet clinical goals. I loved the whole movement for Cambiasso's goal. Tevez's goal was a great solo effort. The nutmeg and then gliding past the second man as if the ball was stuck to his foot like a magnet and perfect finish. If they can keep this up they'll continue to be a joy to watch.

Serbia v Ivory Coast could end up a joke. The Serbs look totally demoralised. Maybe they can't be bothered due to the breakup of the country. The media are criticising them heavily at home.

The Stars
16/06/2006, 4:23 PM
Serbia were not that bad.They attacked well in the first half but Argentinas defence was outstanding.
The passing and movement of the Argentinians was a lesson on how it should be done.
That match should be shown to every player in the world,not only to kids.
The 2nd goal was one of the best world cup goals I have ever seen.
We counted 20 passes before they scored,one touch,apart from Crespo who gave a delightful back heel and teh finsh from Cambiasso was lital.
Tevez and Messi both scored unbelivable goals aswell.
Spain and Argentina are the head and shoulders above the rest and should go far.A joy to watch.

paul_oshea
16/06/2006, 5:27 PM
the second goal dont you mean? it was 24 passes i beleive

The Stars
16/06/2006, 6:02 PM
good man yourself....

cheifo
16/06/2006, 8:42 PM
Fantastic, absolute pleasure to watch.Now we have a real tournament on our hands.All big teams going through..going to be some big clashes.

thejollyrodger
16/06/2006, 9:11 PM
Fantastic game to watch but Serbia are no Brasil.. I would like to see what ARgentina do against the Nederlands... Awesome 6 goals though !!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Account 2
17/06/2006, 12:32 AM
Well you have to put your hands up and say what a performance. They look fantastic and have played great in both matches. I see them and Spain as the two form teams now.

Felt sorry for Serbia, noone likes to see a real thumping like that in the world cup. I honestly expected a bit more from them but they got it all wrong at this tournament. Milosevic is out of form, Zigic should have started instead. The injury to Vidic was a big blow especially against an attacking side like Argentina - Gavrancic and Dragutinavic are ok, but they need an organiser, who is normally Vidic. Also Mirko Vucnic (another striker who plays for Lecce) got injured before the tournament started - he was a big loss.

It's a shame, on their day they're a good side, but they fell apart like a house of cards yesterday once Kezman went off. I hope Petkovic gives young players a chance against the Ivory Coast. He should play Stojkovic in goal (he's just come back from the U21 tournament), Zigic and Ljuboja upfront and start with Basta at the back, at least then there will be some experience for young players at a world cup.

Poor Student
17/06/2006, 10:30 AM
I think Petkovic is finished. After the scandal with his son and he lost it with the media yesterday.

Emmet
17/06/2006, 11:47 AM
With Messi coming back from injury they're only going to get better too - superb display of ruthless attacking football!