PDA

View Full Version : Possible opponents for Derry, Drogs

A face
16/06/2006, 12:13 PM
Possible opponents for Derry, Drogs

The list of potential Uefa Cup first qualifying round opponents for eircom League representatives Derry City and Drogheda United has been revealed ahead of the draw, which will take place at Uefa’s headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland on Friday next, June 23rd.

The eircom League seeds are unseeded by dint of Ireland’s lowly Uefa co-efficient, which means they will take on one of the seeded teams in the northern section of the draw.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/euroclub/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=22989)

Poor Student
16/06/2006, 12:21 PM
The list is:
Brondby (Denmark)
Lyn Oslo (Norway)
Start Kristiansand (Norway)
SK Brann Bergen (Norway)
Randers FC (Denmark)
IFK Göteborg (Sweden)
Atvidabergs FF (Sweden)
Gefle IF (Sweden)
Haka Valkeakoski (Finland)
HJK Helsinki (Finland)
FK Ventspils (Latvia)
Skonto Riga (Latvia)
FBK Kaunas (Lithuania)
Suduva Marijampole (Lithuania)

I saw on the Cork forum that Atvidabergs of Sweden are only 2nd Division and Gefle are relegation material. Anything above them on the list would be a bad draw and anything below them I think would be desirable.

This new restructured Inter Toto seems to be a bit of a problem though. The second qualifying round will contain some strong seeds, possibly including Newcastle.

MariborKev
16/06/2006, 12:40 PM
http://www.derrycityfc.net/europe06.xls

Did this during me finals, in order to avoid studying:D

Please note, this does not include the teams that entered through the Fair Play draw(Gelfe and Bergen)

Agree broadly with PS, but would fancy that we would take Randers as well. They are a second division Danish team that won the cup. They have biggest Elvis museum in the world after Graceland as well. What more do you want

Dazzy
16/06/2006, 6:25 PM
They have biggest Elvis museum in the world after Graceland as well. What more do you want

To blow it up!:D

Roverstillidie
16/06/2006, 9:17 PM
To blow it up!:D

thats the Derry answer to everything....

:D