PDA

View Full Version : Report from Germany

soylent green
14/06/2006, 10:16 AM
Talking to a friend who was out in Germany over weekend. Couple of comments of interest

There was no checking of names on tickets.

He was at Swedan v T&T with conditional ticket, bought a Cat 2 ticket off a English tout for Portugal v Ghana for €100 and was unable to get any ticket for USA v Czech (best price was €400?). He said there were very few tickets on sale outside of ground, all on sale by touts and surprise surpise all for inflated prices.

MickeyT
14/06/2006, 7:40 PM
Tried to get to USA v Czech Republic myself but the Americans were paying huge amounts for tickets ($300 or so) without batting an eyelid so we just settled for watching it at the FanFest. I had tickets for a couple of other games but names were never checked and at Cologne's stadium the turnstiles are automatic so you just scan the ticket yourself and go in. There was plenty of empty seats at the Portugal v Angola game there which was unfortunate cause the touts apparently weren't lowering the price by much as kick off approached.

Personally I thought some of the organization left a lot to be desired in terms of getting fans in and out of the stadium region in a quick manner.