PDA

View Full Version : National Cups

Squeez
12/06/2006, 12:56 PM
Just wondering who ye think are the teams to watch in this years National Cup competitions, Senior Cup, Intermediate and Junior cup competitions??:ball:

Number9
13/06/2006, 2:09 PM
I think that one of Countryripple's "itsy bity leagues" will have a good chance in the Senior cup. Mayo or even Limerick perhaps - they were seriously understrenghth against Dundalk last year. Perhaps Lifford Ladies will succeed this time around - if all their international players are back in Ireland they must be serious contenders.

Intermediate and Junior I believe is a lottery (as is underage cups) - potentially too many players on holidays.
I know what everyone in the female game says about holidays - it's the same for everyone. But, how can it be if 6 of your regular first team players are on holidays, the opposing team have 1 player on holiday and the WFAI tells you that your quarter final match must be played or you give a walkover?!??!?

Countryripple
13/06/2006, 2:30 PM
Its gas, cos it the WFAI rule book it says that only club teams may enter the cup, that representative teams are not elligable. Just think its funny how they have been ignoring this rule over the past few years. This in itself could pose a further problem if a representaive team happened to win the cup and earn the place in europe, because a representative team is not allowed take part in the UEFA Cup either. Would love to see how they'd pan that one out if it happened!!!

Squeez
14/06/2006, 11:51 AM
wasn't that WFAI rule changed 2/3 years ago, in the senior cup anyway, in order to expand the Senior cup?

prinz
14/06/2006, 11:52 AM
are monaghan in any national cups if so who are they playing

Magicme
14/06/2006, 2:38 PM
are monaghan in any national cups if so who are they playing

In the Junior cup this year and beat Walkinstown in their cup game a few weeks ago. They meet St Francis in the next round.

prinz
14/06/2006, 7:28 PM
In the Junior cup this year and beat Walkinstown in their cup game a few weeks ago. They meet St Francis in the next round.

how do you fancy there chances

Magicme
15/06/2006, 9:25 AM
Since we have never seen any of the teams we are facing play before, we cant guess!

pool 7
15/06/2006, 10:21 AM
The WFAI senior cup contenders-UCD,Peamount,maybe lifford.From the league teams Cork & Limerick look good,maybe Mayo!!!.I think it is very open!!!

Numero
15/06/2006, 2:21 PM
I'd say surely Raheny have a good chance in the cup

Magicme
23/06/2006, 1:02 PM
Monaghan United thro to the next round of the cup against Rush after beating Rosemount Mulvey on Wed nite 4-1. Play on the 12th of July at Century Homes Park.

Magicme
25/06/2006, 2:37 PM
Monaghan United Ladies secured their place in the next stage of WFAI Junior Cup with a 9 - 0 victory over St Francis. Like Monaghan United St Francis are only a young side who have just started playing soccer this season. The Monaghan women took no prisoners and made the game their own and were 6 - 0 up at half time. In the second half they punished the Dublin side further by putting 3 more goals past them before calling it a day.

The draw for the next round of the cup takes place tomorrow where Monaghan will be in the last 6 of the Leinster pool.

prinz
26/06/2006, 12:06 PM
good result magicme i guess not anyone was expecting that

pool 7
27/06/2006, 3:05 PM
The WFAI Senior cup draw on wednesday.Should be some interesting draws!!.How many teams will enter!!Any thing on favourites.

CollegeTillIDie
02/07/2006, 4:20 PM
21 teams entered this year , which is a massive improvement . The Preliminary round will weed out 5 teams and then the next round will be the round of 16 as some folks like to call it. The actual draw is on another thread.