PDA

View Full Version : Bohs ground deal?

higgins
11/06/2006, 8:32 PM
Can anyone remind me how long Bohs members gave their current board to agree a deal with the developers ?

Was it 6 weeks amnesty from their constitution before it has to return to another vote.

5 weeks ago this place was filled with talk of what way to spend the 50million :) It was also claimed that worst case scenario was they pocket the 2 million. Just interested now to hear if they even have the 2 million nevermind the 50!

Seems like something has gone wrong along the way....

Councillors are a funny oul bunch

chippie0001
11/06/2006, 9:02 PM
Can anyone remind me how long Bohs members gave their current board to agree a deal with the developers ?

Was it 6 weeks amnesty from their constitution before it has to return to another vote.

5 weeks ago this place was filled with talk of what way to spend the 50million :) It was also claimed that worst case scenario was they pocket the 2 million. Just interested now to hear if they even have the 2 million nevermind the 50!

Seems like something has gone wrong along the way....

Councillors are a funny oul bunch

Just to ease your concern it was a year that the rules were changed for. So no rush on our part at all.

There is further meetings planned with the members after the WC to update on the progress. Should all be public soon but thanks for the concern.

BTW we were offered a bigger deal, cash only no stadium for Dalymount. So if this deal falls down we have plenty more options. ;)

higgins
11/06/2006, 9:15 PM
I'll sleep better tonight now thanks ;)
I thought there was a 30 or 60 day rule somewhere, my mistake.

As for the other deals you have if this one falls through.

It will really depend on what the deal falls through on wouldnt it ?
If they couldnt get planning permission for Dalymount then you hardly think another developer is going to jump in and go down the same road again ?

I know you had a few option first time round but you might not have as many depending on what happens regarding planning permission?

Is there a proposal in already to change the land to residential?

chippie0001
11/06/2006, 9:22 PM
I'll sleep better tonight now thanks ;)
It will really depend on what the deal falls through on wouldnt it ?
If they couldnt get planning permission for Dalymount then you hardly think another developer is going to jump in and go down the same road again ?

I know you had a few option first time round but you might not have as many depending on what happens regarding planning permission?

Is there a proposal in already to change the land to residential?

Nothing like that is in, either a rezoning proposal for Dalymount or PP for the new stadium. I doubt either will be in for a year or so. So the deal won't fall on either of those yet. From rumours I would expect the deal to happen in a few weeks, but if not its not the end of the story.

I work for property people and they would all gladly sit on Dalymount for years even if it got bogged down now. If we leave, the sit will go to ruins, well the Jodi will the rest already is, and eventually it will have to be rezoned etc.

higgins
11/06/2006, 9:35 PM
Right so you think the developers would be willing to take the land and sit on it regardless of rezoning ? I wasnt thinking like that and cant believe they would be prepared to do that but maybe at a reduced price they would.

About the 2million for signing contracts stage. Do you not think the developer may get cold feet considering you need DCC to rezone the land and to date the councillors have been less then happy with the proposal?

There is loads of small details to work through I am sure but it was talked about happening fairly soon after your members meeting and now we are 5 weeks or so past that.

Good luck with it anyway..
Anything that keeps Shels out of Dalymount is good with me :)

Philo
11/06/2006, 9:51 PM

Are you insane? You should praying to every god out there that Ollie finds somewhere. Every door that closes is a another nail in the coffin for Shels.

Schumi
11/06/2006, 9:58 PM
Do you not think the developer may get cold feet considering you need DCC to rezone the land and to date the councillors have been less then happy with the proposal?
I doubt that's come as a surprise to them in fairness.

higgins
11/06/2006, 10:17 PM
Are you insane? You should praying to every god out there that Ollie finds somewhere. Every door that closes is a another nail in the coffin for Shels.

No Im not insane.

I do want shels to get a new ground but the Dalymount option was just to suit the FAI. I dont think it will work and dont want it.

There are plenty more options out there other then sharing Dalymount.

Philo
11/06/2006, 11:21 PM
No Im not insane.

I do want shels to get a new ground but the Dalymount option was just to suit the FAI. I dont think it will work and dont want it.

There are plenty more options out there other then sharing Dalymount.

Erm... the Dalymount deal was just to suit Shels, not the FAI. As has been pointed out elsewhere, the money Shels are due from the sale of the lease on Tolka just about covers their proposed input in the "FAI brokered" Dalymount (daylight robbery) deal.

If you're also opposed to Tallaght, name one viable alternative given the club doesn't have the money either to buy land or build a stadium.

bohs til i die
12/06/2006, 6:45 AM
Right so you think the developers would be willing to take the land and sit on it regardless of rezoning ? I wasnt thinking like that and cant believe they would be prepared to do that but maybe at a reduced price they would.

About the 2million for signing contracts stage. Do you not think the developer may get cold feet considering you need DCC to rezone the land and to date the councillors have been less then happy with the proposal?

There is loads of small details to work through I am sure but it was talked about happening fairly soon after your members meeting and now we are 5 weeks or so past that.

Developers arent stupid Higgins. If they cannot get Dalyer re-zoned now, they might still go ahead in the hope that if Bohs re-locate and are set up elsewhere then the councillors cannot fight to keep Bohs in Phibsboro.

Macy
12/06/2006, 8:22 AM
Eh, just look around this city and surrounding areas. Virtually all the potential building land, zoned or not, is being sat on by developers. It's one of the main factors behind the cost of housing in Dublin - developers limiting supply of land for the last 10-15 years to increase prices.

BohDiddley
12/06/2006, 9:20 AM
And so say all of us. :D
Thanks for your continued concern Higgins. Touching.

Dodge
12/06/2006, 10:38 AM
Shels will almost definitely end up in Tallaght from what I'm hearing...

manic da hoop
12/06/2006, 10:42 AM
Eh, just look around this city and surrounding areas. Virtually all the potential building land, zoned or not, is being sat on by developers. It's one of the main factors behind the cost of housing in Dublin - developers limiting supply of land for the last 10-15 years to increase prices.

80,000 units completed in 2005 - higher than any other EU country in proportion to the population. If there are sites remaining undeveloped it's usually because the planners in Dublin City Council are being very fussy about what they want built there.

WeAreRovers
12/06/2006, 10:48 AM

It's a race between yourselves and Shels with both clubs being disengenuous with their fans after doing deals with property developers - Mulden and Castlethorn. One of the two clubs will be sharing in Tallaght. It depends on who blinks first.

KOH

Dodge
12/06/2006, 10:58 AM
Expect exciting developments in this area very very soon from Pats...

And there's one thing I'm not, it's disengenuous

Macy
12/06/2006, 11:39 AM
80,000 units completed in 2005 - higher than any other EU country in proportion to the population. If there are sites remaining undeveloped it's usually because the planners in Dublin City Council are being very fussy about what they want built there.
And what off late 90's early 00's when demand could be met? Simple solution - tax zoned residential land not being developed after 1 year of rezoning if planning permission not applied for. Suggested years ago, obviously didn't appeal to those splashing the cash in tents at Galway races...

btw, too late now, as the economy too reliant on construction, but should've been done when the house price bubble was just growing.

Schumi
12/06/2006, 12:36 PM
They've no other option really have they if Dalymount is off the agenda.

higgins
12/06/2006, 1:03 PM
They've no other option really have they if Dalymount is off the agenda.

Just because it looks like we cant build a sparkling 10,000 all seated stadium does not mean we cant put a fence around a field and erect some scaffolding along one side of the ground and call it a stand?

We could also build a nice wall behind one of the goals and maybe place a few 'keep of the grass' signs along another side of the field.

:D

We could aim for the mimimum standards and take it from there !

Bald Student
12/06/2006, 1:13 PM
Just because it looks like we cant build a sparkling 10,000 all seated stadium does not mean we cant put a fence around a field and erect some scaffolding along one side of the ground and call it a stand?

We could also build a nice wall behind one of the goals and maybe place a few 'keep of the grass' signs along another side of the field.

We could aim for the mimimum standards and take it from there !I don't think you could. The money being mentioned here would not be enough to buy a field within 15 miles of Dublin.

You could just about buy Finn Park.

manic da hoop
12/06/2006, 1:56 PM

We could aim for the mimimum standards and take it from there !

Nice to see you make fun of your club's predicament.

Any proper fanbase would already be in the process of establishing some sort of organised group to suss out what exactly a group of anonymous suits are doing with your club in their hands.

higgins
12/06/2006, 2:41 PM
Nice to see you make fun of your club's predicament.

Any proper fanbase would already be in the process of establishing some sort of organised group to suss out what exactly a group of anonymous suits are doing with your club in their hands.

and if this happened you would know about it ?

oh I forgot !!!
Your way ahead of all shels fans when it comes to shels business.
Probably way ahead of Ollie too and maybe even the developers!

Raheny Red
12/06/2006, 4:46 PM
Maybe he is the developer :rolleyes:

anto eile
12/06/2006, 11:00 PM
higgins:
you and all shels fans deserve to see your club shafted.
your stupid head in the sand response to each of shels many financial problems/oilys dodgy dealdings/your clubs future etc shows staggering ignorance.
shels fans are a joke.you take everything that oily feeds you and believe it unquestioningly. stupid bunch of cluless fcking sheep.
i hope you get FVCKED at the end of this. because you deserve it

passerrby
13/06/2006, 4:49 PM
higgins what do you realy think dont beat around the bush.

Anto McC
13/06/2006, 5:11 PM
higgins:
your stupid head in the sand response to each of shels many financial problems/oilys dodgy dealdings/your clubs future etc shows staggering ignorance.
shels fans are a joke.you take everything that oily feeds you and believe it unquestioningly. stupid bunch of cluless fcking sheep.

I know it's hypothetical but what would you say,if in a few years Shels come out of this in a new ground,all being well and Ollie still at the helm?

You seem so certain that he is going to do a runner,what is it that makes you so certain?

And you dont always get what you deserve in football because if you did,Rovers would have folded years ago!

Roverstillidie
13/06/2006, 6:53 PM
I know it's hypothetical but what would you say,if in a few years Shels come out of this in a new ground,all being well and Ollie still at the helm?

You seem so certain that he is going to do a runner,what is it that makes you so

we would say you were bloody lucky to get away with it.

you seem utterly unconcerned that he sold the lease to tolka on the sly and then lied about it. what makes you think it isnt a scam?

no-one is saying he is certain to do a runner, or even likely. but your entire clubs future is in the hands of a man who did time trying to make a quick buck.

Anto McC
13/06/2006, 9:18 PM
we would say you were bloody lucky to get away with it.

The fact you were completely wrong of course wouldnt figure into it,it would just be "you were bloody lucky to get away with it"

what makes you think it isnt a scam?

Im not 100% sure it isnt,lets just say that i trust Ollie.Im not in a postiton to do much else even if i didnt!

Roverstillidie
13/06/2006, 9:23 PM
The fact you were completely wrong of course wouldnt figure into it,it would just be "you were bloody lucky to get away with it"
!

have we been wrong so far?

did property speculators, one of which we named, get their hands on tolka recently in a secret deal?

see one red armys post on the other thread about this

Anto McC
13/06/2006, 10:18 PM
This information wasnt just privvy to Rovers fans,many Shels fans also knew of this deal!

Roverstillidie
13/06/2006, 10:33 PM
This information wasnt just privvy to Rovers fans,many Shels fans also knew of this deal!

im not saying you are a liar, but there appears to be smoke coming from your trousers.

did you fĂșck

higgins
14/06/2006, 12:30 AM
Roverstillidie!!!

You have to be kidding if you think what Rovers/Bohs/UCD etc fans post here is the first time Shels fans find out about things :)

As I said in the other thread you do post things that are not yet in the open but you always seem to leave out a minor detail or two to suit your argument.

higgins
14/06/2006, 12:31 AM
higgins:

What can I say but ...
Thanks for your support in the matter.