View Full Version : U2’s former accountant privately funds Shelbourne FC

Pages : 1 [2]

WeAreRovers
12/06/2006, 4:01 PM
A.
Ollie will not walk away

Oh really? Here's Ollie from yesterday's SBP -

http://archives.tcm.ie/businesspost/2006/03/19/story12715.asp

"Asked about the club’s relationship with Coneforth, Shelbourne chief executive Ollie Byrne said: ‘‘I don’t know what you are on about there. There is no deal done.”

That, Higgins, is a blatant lie.

When this goes wrong for Shels (either through Ollie shafting you or more likely, Kilkenny and chums chucking you out) don't come on here looking for empathy or advice from the very people who've been shouting "WAKE THE FOOK UP" at Shels fans for aeons now.

KOH

higgins
12/06/2006, 4:21 PM
Oh really? Here's Ollie from yesterday's SBP -

http://archives.tcm.ie/businesspost/2006/03/19/story12715.asp

"Asked about the club’s relationship with Coneforth, Shelbourne chief executive Ollie Byrne said: ‘‘I don’t know what you are on about there. There is no deal done.”

That, Higgins, is a blatant lie.

When this goes wrong for Shels (either through Ollie shafting you or more likely, Kilkenny and chums chucking you out) don't come on here looking for empathy or advice from the very people who've been shouting "WAKE THE FOOK UP" at Shels fans for aeons now.

KOH

When asked about the RELATIONSHIP Ollie replied there was no DEAL done ?

Id like to have the question put to Ollie.
seem it may be out of context given he added on the word DEAL...
Cant tell much from that to be honest.
Deal or no Deal he is hardly going to turn around and give all the juicy details on the spot is he.
Everyone would give a no comment style answer..

higgins
12/06/2006, 4:29 PM
A few genuine question for you, Higgins...

1. What proprtion/percentage of the final sale price for Tolka will Shels get?

2. How much of this has already been spent on the day-to-day runnning of the club over the past year or so?

3. What assurances has Ollie given you that whatever Shels stand to gain financially will be re-invested in the club and not stuffed in his suitcase as he packs for Rio?

4. Have the developers given you a timescale for how long more they will permit Shels to remain in Tolka and, if they haven't, what guarantee do you have that they can't turf you out in the morning?

5. Have Shels announced to the supporters any long-term development plan for the future of the club re: Swords/Donabate stadium, Abbotstown, Tallaght etc.

1. I dont know but wouldnt it increase over time the longer we remain in Tolka and prices go up?

2. I dont know but IF there were some bridging loans as they put it over the past few seasons is it more then what the value of Tolka went up over the same few years

3. His word

4. Your assuming there was a deal done

5. Yes they announced they were moving to Donabate, the land out there was rezoned and a lot of other work done regarding Tolka but then Dalymount popped up and you should know what has happened from there. The FAI are still intent on groundsharing from what I hear and I dont think the Bohs deal will go all that smoothly for them. At the moment we are playing in Tolka Park as there is a lot of confusion around the place, why rush into something.

monkey magic
12/06/2006, 4:38 PM
hmmm, things really are getting interesting in dubland...

despite all the d-day predictions from rovers fans(the one club whom this deal might directly affect ala groundsharing in tallaght) the only genuine worry that i can see from a shels fans point of view is that ollie might decide to cash in and head for the high hills...

other than that, if you look at it, even if they only get a 30% cut- 10 million and lets say theve spent 3-4 million of that already, they'l be moving into a nice new ground in tallaght which is plenty big for them, and wont have to pay anyhthing like they would have had to get a share in dalymount

and id wager they bed in nicely in tallaght if they're able to keep their current team together(the remaining 6 million should ensure this) and play regularily in europe, despite rovers having a few years of a headstart...

Roverstillidie
12/06/2006, 4:41 PM
is the value of the lease in tolka appreciating? id be surprised. its a lease, not ownership and every day is a day less on the lease

pete
12/06/2006, 4:45 PM
Shels always great for close or mid season break entertainment :)

- value of Tolka park land increasing
- value of lease reducing (less years left)
- value of Shels debts increasing
- cost of running Shels increasing?
- no CL this year so Sgels revenue decreasing.

:confused:

Dodge
12/06/2006, 4:53 PM
You go Higgins, don't let these Rovers **** get you down...

higgins
12/06/2006, 4:53 PM
Pete

Shels got 51K for the first QR of the CL last season.
Shels get 50K for the first Round of the Intertoto this season. They may well meet Hibs in the 3rd round and get a big gate from it, even an Intertoto trophy and a spot in the UEFA.

Your talking about what might happen.

Lets wait until the dust settles on this years European games until you decide how much we won or lost.

Cost of running shels increasing?
Since when are you talking about...

When we didnt win the league last season Fenlon released a heap of players after the final league game (the day after!!) and Weso followed to Livingston for a fee.
Cant see why you always think our costs are going up. Fenlon has said he wouldnt be going near the transfer market this summer.

Jerry The Saint
12/06/2006, 4:55 PM
Deal or no Deal he is hardly going to turn around and give all the juicy details on the spot is he.

Shels are down to a one-box game and The Banker has every incentive to screw them over - not looking good....

higgins
12/06/2006, 4:59 PM
You go Higgins, don't let these Rovers **** get you down...

:D

Monkey Magic has captured it fairly nicely above...

Even our worst case senario seems to look ok to me.
Of course there is always the chance ollie will run off with some cash!!! ;)

It seems to me that certain rovers fans are more interested in Ollie running off as you know there is always a chance of Shels moving in with you and spoiling the party.

Lots of wishful thinking going on from some posters.

Roverstillidie
12/06/2006, 5:15 PM

Monkey Magic has captured it fairly nicely above...

Even our worst case senario seems to look ok to me.
Of course there is always the chance ollie will run off with some cash!!! ;)

It seems to me that certain rovers fans are more interested in Ollie running off as you know there is always a chance of Shels moving in with you and spoiling the party.

Lots of wishful thinking going on from some posters.

christ almighty, where to begin? :confused: has any rovers fan at any point said they are happy with this state of affairs? any gloating? any rubbing it in? no. we see the writing on the wall having been there in terms of our stadium sold and no replacement and out dealings with Mulden. we are screaming at you to wake up.

if the worst case scenario is olly running away with the loot, leaving you as a club homeless and in debt to some serious sharks is 'ok with you' you are quite frankly a tosser.

do any real shels fans have anything to contribute here or is this moron representitive of the ordinary shels fan?

monkey magic
12/06/2006, 5:22 PM
rtid,
i think its "ok to him" cos he firmly believes that ollie would never do such a thing to shels, personally im not so sure...

higgins
12/06/2006, 5:25 PM
christ almighty, where to begin? :confused: has any rovers fan at any point said they are happy with this state of affairs? any gloating? any rubbing it in? no. we see the writing on the wall having been there in terms of our stadium sold and no replacement and out dealings with Mulden. we are screaming at you to wake up.

if the worst case scenario is olly running away with the loot, leaving you as a club homeless and in debt to some serious sharks is 'ok with you' you are quite frankly a tosser.

do any real shels fans have anything to contribute here or is this moron representitive of the ordinary shels fan?

A moron and a tosser all in the one go :)

I NEVER SAID THAT WAS OK WITH ME!!
I could go on to call you names but what would that achieve.

I was talking about Monkey Magics worst case senarion, ie we pocket a few million and move in with Rovers sharing Tallaght.

I dont for one second think Ollie would run off with 2 cents nevermind all the cash.

passerrby
12/06/2006, 6:03 PM
ollie is a lot of things but he is shels first and last, best of luck to shels

hoopy
12/06/2006, 6:14 PM

there is always a chance of Shels moving in with you and spoiling the party.

Looking more likely each day. According to a thread on our own forum Pats are definately staying in Richmond

higgins
12/06/2006, 6:23 PM
Staying with who ?

Bohs fans like to paint the picture that Ollie got the FAI to write Genesis and put in the bit about groundsharing :) but the reality is that the FAI want groundsharing.

If Pats stay put will they be receive further grants?
What does the FAI have in store for Pats now????

If its true Im delighted Pats are staying and would have liked Bohs to stay in Dalymount too but the FAI are not just going to forget about genesis.

passerrby
12/06/2006, 6:46 PM
Have to say there is nothing in genisis that the FAI did not want so its only fair to smell a rat.and ollie seams to be quite happy as well ,this is the first time I think he ever agreed with the fai

ifk101
12/06/2006, 7:08 PM
Is Shels moving into the RDS not a possibility? Seems the RDS is entering into a long-term agreement with Leinster and this may be an option for Shels as well.

And is there not still plans for a mini-stadium at Abbotstown? Maybe a groundshare between Dublin City and Shelbourne is a possibility out there.

Philo
12/06/2006, 8:18 PM
Bohs fans like to paint the picture that Ollie got the FAI to write Genesis and put in the bit about groundsharing :) but the reality is that the FAI want groundsharing.

Huh? Not true Higgins. Bohs fans in general, along with most other fans I know of, insist that the Genesis report was re-written to suit John Delaney's vision of Irish football once he'd installed himself as FAI CEO*. The friendship between Delaney and Ollie Byrne has I guess had some influence on Delaney's attempt to use Genesis to force Bohs into a corner with regards to the groundsharing** issue. The main (sole?) beneficiary of the proposed groundshare would be Shelbourne FC but no one I know has ever accused Ollie of pushing the issue himself.

*For CEO, read self-serving lowlife sleaze bag.
** For groundsharing, read attempt to steal €42 million from Bohs with a smile.

Mr A
12/06/2006, 9:01 PM
So, Shels for Richmond then?

anto eile
12/06/2006, 10:32 PM
As for Bohs Cork and UCD fans trying to predict how much Shels get from the supposed deal :)
Where are you getting these % cut figures ???
the very reputable sunday business post

Dodge
12/06/2006, 10:38 PM
So, Shels for Richmond then?
Unlikely, Tallaght needs two tenants. UCD can't move. No room for HF. Only leaves one homeless club

Poor Student
13/06/2006, 8:36 AM
Shelsweb is as usual almost entirely absent of debate on this crucial matter for their club.

Pablo
13/06/2006, 9:17 AM
Shelsweb is as usual almost entirely absent of debate on this crucial matter for their club.

Jumuor Cert time sure

Raheny Red
13/06/2006, 10:18 AM

Yep, beacuse Shelbourne discuss everything on the web and nothing in real life :rolleyes:

Dodge
13/06/2006, 10:19 AM
Yep, beacuse Shelbourne discuss everything on the web and nothing in real life :rolleyes:
Yep and you can't do both. Thats a scientific fact.

bohs til i die
13/06/2006, 12:27 PM
Pete

Shels got 51K for the first QR of the CL last season.
Shels get 50K for the first Round of the Intertoto this season. They may well meet Hibs in the 3rd round and get a big gate from it, even an Intertoto trophy and a spot in the UEFA.

Your talking about what might happen.

Lets wait until the dust settles on this years European games until you decide how much we won or lost.

Cost of running shels increasing?
Since when are you talking about...

When we didnt win the league last season Fenlon released a heap of players after the final league game (the day after!!) and Weso followed to Livingston for a fee.
Cant see why you always think our costs are going up. Fenlon has said he wouldnt be going near the transfer market this summer.

silly silly boy.

so how is it that Shels had to go cap in hand to a property developer to get themselves out of a sticky situation with Mr R Commissioner? Fenlon released a heap of players but how many were senior professionals on decent wages?

O'Halleron, Kearney and Dillon dont play for free and I would be certain at least 6 of your senior players would have contracts with built in yearly increases in them as well.

Shelbourne's wage bill might not be increasing but you can be guaranteed it isnt decreasing either.

As for the groundshare, it is very obvious who stands to gain more from the Bohs-Shels idea, and when you were told about it 4 months ago, you denied it all saying Bohs stood to gain more. Seems you have been proven wrong and when great big warning signs are flashed in your face about the future of your club you try to dumb it down.

Ollie may be Shels through and through but he is also human. He spent time in jail for trying to earn a quick buck once upon a time. There is nothing to stop him earning himself a nice pension on the back of the sale of Tolka.

higgins
13/06/2006, 1:44 PM
silly silly boy.

so how is it that Shels had to go cap in hand to a property developer to get themselves out of a sticky situation with Mr R Commissioner? Fenlon released a heap of players but how many were senior professionals on decent wages?

O'Halleron, Kearney and Dillon dont play for free and I would be certain at least 6 of your senior players would have contracts with built in yearly increases in them as well.

Shelbourne's wage bill might not be increasing but you can be guaranteed it isnt decreasing either.

As for the groundshare, it is very obvious who stands to gain more from the Bohs-Shels idea, and when you were told about it 4 months ago, you denied it all saying Bohs stood to gain more. Seems you have been proven wrong and when great big warning signs are flashed in your face about the future of your club you try to dumb it down.

Ollie may be Shels through and through but he is also human. He spent time in jail for trying to earn a quick buck once upon a time. There is nothing to stop him earning himself a nice pension on the back of the sale of Tolka.

Thats 300K bill for tax was NOt built up in the first 2 months of the season and you know that. The question was about shels yearly budget increasing and I gave some facts surrounding why it wouldnt be going up. You have come back with nothing to suggest its going up either.

Is it too high ???
YES I think it is way too high but is it going up?
No I dont think its going up.

I was never saying Bohs would gain loads from the Dalymount deal!!!
Thats a lie. I was saying you were not getting as little as you thought but I was against this from day 1 and Im still against it. Ive posted here how I think its sick that the other EL clubs sit and watch while the FAI force you into a deal with Shels. I think its wrong but I dont think it was as bad as you made out. Anyway thats all in previous threads.

As for Ollie pocketing money???
Ollie owns Shelbourne FC and if he wanted to pocket money from the sale there is not one person who could stop him but rather then you all coming on here talking about it why not wait and see what happens regarding the running off with money.

My mind is at ease that Ollie would do no such thing and just because some Rovers and Bohs fans think he would means nothing.

Roverstillidie
13/06/2006, 4:25 PM
My mind is at ease that Ollie would do no such thing and just because some Rovers and Bohs fans think he would means nothing.

as it happens i think its unlikely he will, but that isnt the point.

you need to grow up a lot, fast, and stop arguing with other fans for the sake of it.

the fact is olly CAN sell tolka and walk away leaving you with a mountain of dept, no stadium and no bar facilities to earn a few quid. and he engineered this situation with absolutly no resistance from shels board or fans.

he lied consistantly about the deal he struck with these property speculators. does that not worry you? the press broke this deal after it was done, not olly.

you are in serious shít here, your stadium is owned by the guys that tried to rape us and it seems you wont acknowledge it simply because Rovers fans knew about it first, so in your head its some form of wind up.

there are 6 posts on shels web about this, 3 of which are correcting spelling. could you imagine corks forum if lennox sold the lease to the x to property guys on the sly?
http://forum.shelbournefc.ie/chat/viewtopic.php?t=6006

stop arguing with everyone for the sake of it and get your act together FFS

Anto McC
13/06/2006, 5:03 PM

Pretty much!

I have a contribtion,its the exact same as Higgins,he's using it a hell of a lot better than i could so im going to let him run with it :)

Roverstillidie
13/06/2006, 5:54 PM
Pretty much!

I have a contribtion,its the exact same as Higgins,he's using it a hell of a lot better than i could so im going to let him run with it :)

well if thats the case, you deserve what might follow.

compare KRAM 1987 with shels 2006.

frightning

OneRedArmy
13/06/2006, 7:20 PM
Its amazing how the desire to save face on an internet forum leads obviously intelligent people to back themselves into the tightest of corners.

Its clearly a case of the Emperors clothes with Shels. You can all see what Ollie's wearing on the horse it but nobody wants to be the first to say it.......

Anto McC
13/06/2006, 9:23 PM
It certainly isnt anything to do with saving face,we've all made fools of ourselves at some stage.Human error is a very natural thing.Somebody is going to be wrong,either Shels fans or the majority of the rest of the leagues fans as it appears,when it happens,one side will say i told you so,the other side will appear foolish and things will move on to the next difference of opinion!

Réiteoir
13/06/2006, 9:42 PM
This has parallels with the old Brighton situation in the 1990's - and to a lesser extent what happened to Aldershot in the 1980s

Dodge
13/06/2006, 10:44 PM
MOD bit Roverstillidie, tone down your arguements. Seriously mate, not everyone who disagrees with you is a moron. Some are but leave them be

higgins
14/06/2006, 12:21 AM
as it happens i think its unlikely he will, but that isnt the point.

you need to grow up a lot, fast, and stop arguing with other fans for the sake of it.

the fact is olly CAN sell tolka and walk away leaving you with a mountain of dept, no stadium and no bar facilities to earn a few quid. and he engineered this situation with absolutly no resistance from shels board or fans.

he lied consistantly about the deal he struck with these property speculators. does that not worry you? the press broke this deal after it was done, not olly.

you are in serious shít here, your stadium is owned by the guys that tried to rape us and it seems you wont acknowledge it simply because Rovers fans knew about it first, so in your head its some form of wind up.

there are 6 posts on shels web about this, 3 of which are correcting spelling. could you imagine corks forum if lennox sold the lease to the x to property guys on the sly?
http://forum.shelbournefc.ie/chat/viewtopic.php?t=6006

stop arguing with everyone for the sake of it and get your act together FFS

Look Rovertillidie, I can see your very keen to see the outcome to this latest Shels story. It has implications for you as a Rovers fan and despite what you say about not being worried who moves into Tallaght with you it would be serious competition if it was Shels to Dublin City.

It appears you have a different opinion of Ollie to those who actually know the man. Im not shocked by this as its pretty common for people to lash into the man when all they rea is internet forums and newspaper EL cockup stories.
Ollie has lied you say ?
Ollie has maybe lied to the guy who asked the question but I had a feeling two years ago a deal was done and my feeling has never changed. That SBP news story is something I looked into a long long time ago and am happy enough with the situation, its not the way I would have gone about things but whats done is done.
Whatever you think is the situation I dont know but go back to Monkey Magics worst case senario and ask yourself is it all that bad?

I would love to sell tolka and build our own ground as close as possible to the city but that may not happen and I have to live with it. If the builder did pay the 300K do you think it would be the difference between building our own ground or sharing with another team? In fact even if there was several bridging loans the amount your talking to buy land and build is rising by the day. Its still an option but is looking more and more out of the question every day and I dont think the sale of Tolka would cover this option anymore but then I could be wrong on that one.

Last thing on my mind is Ollie running away with the money! Why this even came up and why Im trying to argue against it is madness. Nothing I can do to stop him if he did but Im 100% sure if any deal goes through that he wont pocket a single cent.

and I can tell you this too, there is very little on this board that you post about Shels that I have not heard and usually your version is missing one or two crucial points. Your D-Day senario was missing key facts too which is why I wasnt as worried as you thought I should have been.

Lets just see how things go over the next few weeks.

One thing that does always get me is the fact you think Shels fans should be forcing Ollie into doing something.
Ollie has a pretty impressive track record of doing what is best for Shelbourne FC and although I sometimes worry what his next move will be I dont doubt for one second it would involve any self interest on his behalf.