PDA

View Full Version : A little something that I enjoyed

Anto McC
10/06/2006, 1:01 PM
From boards.ie

As an aside from the England thread, while I'm thinking:

For the many, many, people who 'support' English teams and who rarely, if ever, would see them in the flesh...
(Obviously this wouldn't apply to those who travel regularly, have a connection and get their 'fix' :) etc)

:: SEEING AS FOOTBALL IS ABOUT HEART ::

Is your connection to your English club like what connects me to Angelina Jolie (or famous female of your choice!)?

The fact that I've seen her on the telly.
I've read about her in the papers.
I'd love to give her one.
I may have met her once or twice, for a very short time.

Would it change within my existing relationship at home:
In football terms, could it substitute for within my existing relationship at home:

The fact that I love my girlfriend at home?
Any aspect of our relationship that has lasted years?
My fantastic connection with her?
Whether or not I would be there for her?
Our combined experience?
The fact that I get everything and more than I could ever get or want from someone so far away, no matter how 'big' they are considering the distance?

If I was unattatched:

Would knowing Angelina Jolie existed somewhere make me refuse every girl at home? And with that, the experience of our relationship and joy that she would bring me?
Would seeing Angelina once every 2 years for about 2 hours make me turn down every girl at home in anticipation for this bi-annual event - which can often be a let down?
Sacrificing years of experience and emotion for that distant meeting?
Would I be ashamed to be seen with any local girls knowing the above merely exists?
Would knowing that Angelina is on telly on Saturday night make me refuse to go out with an Irish Girl for a few hours on Friday night?

Would Angelina be mine:

If I watch her on the telly for 2 hours a week?
Or 20 minutes if there isn't a full length feature on - at least I tried right?
If I buy some of her merchandise?
Would your partner at home mind any of the above?

Would Angelina mind:

If I had someone I saw between the yearly gaps of our 2 hourly meeting?
Provided you still watched her when possible and contributed to her pockets

Is it safe to say the answer to the above would ALL be no (except for the first 3, which are most likely yes?)? Personally, I would think so!

Would it be possible to have a relationship with someone at home, and give Angelina a good seeing to when the opportunity arose?:
Most definately yes!
With a sly hand anything is possible!

Sorry, I'm stuck at home tonight, and thought it might make an interesting comparison! Maybe it will, maybe it won't - I'm tired and not sure how well up I did it!

Could you be cellibate for the sake of someone you rarely see, and often only see on the telly? Surely that'd be like being cellibate for Jenna Jameson or something?!

Here is the link
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054944160

What do you think of it?

Poor Student
10/06/2006, 6:24 PM
To be honest you're not going to get someone into the eL by ramming it at them and trying to make them feel guilty about supporting a foreign club. The thread there is interesting because it shows you a major problem the eL has. By the time people are old enough to go to their local team they've already been won over to the EPL by TV and their peers and family.

Mr A
10/06/2006, 10:45 PM
Are you suggesting some sort of mass eL-related baby kidnapping+brainwashing scheme?

Crazy, but it just might work................

Dazzy
10/06/2006, 11:12 PM
Are you suggesting some sort of mass eL-related baby kidnapping+brainwashing scheme?

Crazy, but it just might work................

The FAI are trying are **** version of this by calling the league the premiership.

BohDiddley
11/06/2006, 8:55 AM
To be honest you're not going to get someone into the eL by ramming it at them and trying to make them feel guilty about supporting a foreign club.
That's true. But when it's done this way, it's very enjoyable.:D