PDA

View Full Version : Kelly bid accepted from Birmingham

NeilMcD
09/06/2006, 1:59 PM
The Club can announce that agreement has been reached with Birmingham City for the transfer of Stephen Kelly to St Andrews.

The 22-year-old Irish international graduated through our Academy system and, after loan spells at Southend, QPR and Watford, made his Premiership debut in December 2003 against Charlton at the Lane.

The Dublin-born defender went on to make 43 first team appearances in our colours, scoring two goals.

We wish Stephen every success for the future

oconghc2
09/06/2006, 2:08 PM
disappointing i suppose - thought a premiership club would take him. Birmingham set up doesnt exactly ooze confidence at this stage.

NeilMcD
09/06/2006, 2:09 PM
Yeah i agree, I think Charlton would have been great for him or West Ham maybe. Spurs made sure they got money for him by taking up the option of an extension to his contract for 1 year.

CraftyToePoke
09/06/2006, 2:18 PM
would certainly have been nice to have seen him remain at prem level, and i wouldnt bet against Steve Bruce being an early managerial casualty next season, if Kenny Cunninghams parting shots at him are true, then id expect brum to struggle to regain prem status , as plenty relegated sides have in the last few seasons.

Kelly could be old news in a years time if it goes wrong there, and we have had more than our fair share fall by the wayside of late.

maybe it will be a case of swings and roundabouts and Foley of luton will get that prem move he has been linked with.

theworm2345
09/06/2006, 2:27 PM
If he plays everday like he did against Chile, perhaps they shouldve put him at FC United :rolleyes:

dr_peepee
09/06/2006, 7:17 PM
Just heard Steven Kelly himself on Newstalk106. He's in New York on hols and hasn't talked to anyone, so the Birmingham move hasn't happened

Stuttgart88
12/06/2006, 3:13 PM
maybe it will be a case of swings and roundabouts and Foley of luton will get that prem move he has been linked with.
Foley's the better prospect in my opinion. I think he's the one we should be really keeping an eye on as being the heir to Finnan's position.