PDA

View Full Version : The Cross

Ali-G
01/07/2002, 4:06 PM
Anyone been to the Cross since the end of last season? Any further developments? I cant wait, I couldnt go to the Ireland games under lights there a few months ago, so I'm looking forward to my first match in the Cross under lights. (Yes, I am aware that it is bright until 11pm these days, but they might throw them on for a while)
:)

pete
01/07/2002, 4:54 PM
I haven't even driven past the cross since lights erected let alone been inside.

Lets hope they been cutting the grass this summer at the very least.

Anyone know why the club played at Garyduff last weekend & not the cross?

:confused:

shedboy
01/07/2002, 8:37 PM
Probably coz it's the best surface in the whole of cork.It's mint, what any proper pitch should be like. Played on it 2 days before xmas last year and it was still the best surface i've ever played on, even at that time of the year!!!

mouldymurphy
01/07/2002, 11:06 PM
i played on it sunday and it was a rock and inaround the goal had moss peat or something on it i came out of it distroyed and it could be a good idea if they put a fence behind the far goal the ammount of time i spent in the trees geting the ball!:mad: :mad:

Colm
02/07/2002, 3:23 PM
Originally posted by pete
Anyone know why the club played at Garyduff last weekend & not the cross? Its probabley because they are fixing up the pitch in the cross. The MFA always close the cross for a month or two in the summer.

pete
02/07/2002, 3:49 PM
Originally posted by COLM
The MFA always close the cross for a month or two in the summer.

Will let them off this year but hopefully someone tells them we be playing all through the summer next year.

Considering the cross is closed should we be prepared for some long grass again this year?

:rolleyes:

Colm
02/07/2002, 3:51 PM
Originally posted by pete
Considering the cross is closed should we be prepared for some long grass again this year? Yeah, knowing the MFA they probabley couldnt be bothered to even cut it!:rolleyes: