PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck

eamoss
06/06/2006, 4:26 PM
Id like to say good luck to everyone who is doing their leaving cert/jc tomorrow. Dont worry its not the end of the world if it doesnt work out. For me I just cant wait till 5pm on the 21st its my last exam!! :D

Conor H
06/06/2006, 4:40 PM
Ya best of luck to all.We'll all be sound!!!!:o

Thomas Hardy better come in English though or i'll be going to the exam centre in Athlone myself to give the commisioner a kick up the arse!!;)

Eamo i just beat you too it.Finish at 12pm on the 21st and i intend to go on the sauce for about a week after that!!!!!!
Can't wait!!!:D

eamoss
06/06/2006, 4:44 PM
Eamo i just beat you too it.Finish at 12pm on the 21st and i intend to go on the sauce for about a week after that!!!!!!
Can't wait!!!:D
Dam you eco people. Yep thats pretty much the plan for me 2 :D

Red&White Rover
06/06/2006, 4:45 PM
i'm doing the smaller of the 2 (jc), and i am thankfully finished on the 19th!

Conor H
06/06/2006, 4:46 PM
19th......*******!:mad: :p

Good Luck!

tetsujin1979
06/06/2006, 11:32 PM
Best of luck to all concerned, i wouldn't swap with you for all the tea in China

Thunderblaster
06/06/2006, 11:54 PM
Been there, done that. :D Good luck boys and girls!!;)

carrickharp
07/06/2006, 7:05 AM
Same as above, good luck to all sitting exams this summer.

Magicme
07/06/2006, 8:09 AM
Yeah best of luck....my little sis is doing her JC and she hasnt come to football in weeks coz of studying....good job their is a break in the games for the next 2 weeks so u dont have to think u are missing anything!

Just stay calm and it will flow out of you like the drivel from Roddy Collins mouth.

CraftyToePoke
07/06/2006, 3:09 PM
yea, best of luck to all of you, and remember, not the end of the world either way, and the pi$$ ups after are some of the finest you'll have. good luck.

Conor H
07/06/2006, 4:26 PM
Happy days!!!:D
Simple English paper

Roll on Maths and irish!:cool:

eamoss
07/06/2006, 5:01 PM
Happy days!!!
Simple English paper

Roll on Maths and irish!
It was very easy I was shocked at how easy it was!!

Maths :eek: :D

Red&White Rover
07/06/2006, 5:04 PM
english paper in the J.C. was pretty easy too....cept for the Media Studies, picture of an old man's forehead, advertising the Ploughing championships! no one copped on his forehead was meant to be a ploughed field!!

Conor H
07/06/2006, 5:08 PM
english paper in the J.C. was pretty easy too....cept for the Media Studies, picture of an old man's forehead, advertising the Ploughing championships! no one copped on his forehead was meant to be a ploughed field!!

AFAIK if the whole country makes a complete sh!te in general of a question it's marked easy enough.So should be ok.

Eamo pass Maths for me and i'm fluent at the Gaeilge so looking forward to tomorrow.
Today is the worst day.Over 7 hours of constant writing.......my finger is killing me and i've a splitting headcahe but that's the last time i'll EVER have to do poetry etc again!!!!:)

Thunderblaster
07/06/2006, 5:24 PM
that's the last time i'll EVER have to do poetry etc again!!!!:)

Well, compose a lovely romantic poem about foot.ie.:eek: If it is good enough, it may be on the Leaving Cert paper of 2019!!:D

Philly
07/06/2006, 5:44 PM
Im finished @ 12.30 on Wednesday the 14th!! Oh ya!!

SligoBrewer
07/06/2006, 7:57 PM
that media studies question was a b!tch..

finished same day as R & W..cant w8!!

liam88
07/06/2006, 9:32 PM
good luck to all taking exams-my A2's start on Monday :D

Magicme
08/06/2006, 9:46 AM
I know what you mean Conor....it took me a full 4 years before I could read a book bordering on a classic such as Wuthering Heights or The Cruicible after I had done the leaving but I found my way back....the way they make u tear every word apart from a novel or poem or play doesnt make u appreciate the writing but more despise that someone is making you do it. I now have room for poetry, plays and novels in my life again coz am not being made to read them!

Well done on getting thro yesterday and am sure today will be fine.....altho by the time ur reading this it will be over!

tetsujin1979
08/06/2006, 12:55 PM
I still loath Wuthering Heights with a passion, but I've found time to go back to King Lear and enjoed it a whole lot more than the first time around.

Conor H
08/06/2006, 5:02 PM
I know what you mean Conor....it took me a full 4 years before I could read a book bordering on a classic such as Wuthering Heights or The Cruicible after I had done the leaving but I found my way back....the way they make u tear every word apart from a novel or poem or play doesnt make u appreciate the writing but more despise that someone is making you do it. I now have room for poetry, plays and novels in my life again coz am not being made to read them!

Well done on getting thro yesterday and am sure today will be fine.....altho by the time ur reading this it will be over!
;)
Yup!!
I had to laugh at some of your messages earlier!!!:p
It was cruel!!:D

Bosco
08/06/2006, 9:56 PM
Had my two pass subjects today,thought Maths was decent enough,need an A1 in it do.Irish was apparently easy but i somehow managed to completely **** it up,possibly because i havnt a word of irish and havnt really had a proper irish class since december 2004.Anyone what the likely hood of failing pass irish is,i mean are the examiners generaly sympathetic and pass most people.

Thought English was grand,wrote 26 pages altogether and my hand is still wrecked!

Magicme
09/06/2006, 11:03 AM
;)
Yup!!
I had to laugh at some of your messages earlier!!!:p
It was cruel!!

Sorry....it was cruel but it was an error....they were meant for eh um another eh Conor. :o was a wee bit hyper on the kopparbergs!

Conor H
09/06/2006, 12:24 PM
Sorry....it was cruel but it was an error....they were meant for eh um another eh Conor. :o was a wee bit hyper on the kopparbergs!
I know.;)

Rory H
09/06/2006, 2:05 PM

you've got good taste....

The Stars
09/06/2006, 2:09 PM
Had my two pass subjects today,thought Maths was decent enough,need an A1 in it do.Irish was apparently easy but i somehow managed to completely **** it up,possibly because i havnt a word of irish and havnt really had a proper irish class since december 2004.Anyone what the likely hood of failing pass irish is,i mean are the examiners generaly sympathetic and pass most people.

Thought English was grand,wrote 26 pages altogether and my hand is still wrecked!
I did it last year,did the worst essay ever in the Irish,used loads of english words and still passed so they should sound enough with the marking.

monzo
09/06/2006, 3:46 PM
I finish on the I5th, buĂ­ochas le Dia...

Heh, made an abysmal attempt at that question. I started waffling on about how the mole in yer man's forehead would put people off etc. :D

I'd say I might have scraped a B; Section 1 and Section 2 of Paper 1, I probably got close to full marks (my essay was five full pages long), Sec. 3 I done a 'blurb' on Scarface - not sure what the minimum size it had to be but I think I did reasonably well there, Sec. 4 - crap. PaperII was alrite although I done fecking sh*te on the 'Van Gough's Yellow Chair' question...

Maths P.1 was easyish though my lack of studying proved costly. Irish aural was SO easy. Done well overall in it so might get a B, I've definitely got a C though. Just finished CSPE which was simple.

My priority now is to make up for the huge loss of sleep I've missed the past two days, then study like mad for Maths, do a bit of history/business/french and ignore Science like I usually do.

After that I can return to supporting Harps... \o/

Red&White Rover
09/06/2006, 4:49 PM
CSPE..i laughed when i got the paper...for EVERY SINGLE question i wrote in "put up posters"...what is the point of it?

micls
09/06/2006, 6:04 PM
CSPE..i laughed when i got the paper...for EVERY SINGLE question i wrote in "put up posters"...what is the point of it?
There is none.......i spose i learned that the president served 7 years because of it. and it gives everyone and easy grade

sligoman
09/06/2006, 11:54 PM
Doing the junior cert? It's hardly worth the paper it's written on:p. The leaving cert? Good luck with it!

Cabinteelygull
10/06/2006, 9:35 AM
Junior cert study has me driven demented!!!:mad: Missed all the football and its on right in the middle of the world cup!!

Cabinteelygull
10/06/2006, 9:38 AM
As for cspe.............probably up there in the same standard as the religion exam!!!! p!ss easy really

monzo
10/06/2006, 7:05 PM
The CSPE was a bit stupid I must agree. Question Three helped me quite a bit as one of the choices was 'action project involving a talk given to you by a Garda' which my class had actually done!

Btw what People in History questions have you guys prepared? I've several planned inc. Magellen, Textile worker, Da Vinci, Luther, Medieval Lord/Monk/Serf, Ancient Ireland Farmer and Ive still to learn Wolfe Tone and Social reteller. Hopefully that's enough although I'm a bit worried as regards to my lack of 1600 onwards people in history...

Many of yis going to do transition year? I am but I'm currently having trouble acquiring work experience. (I could go to Tesco etc. but I'm leaving them as back-ups if I still can't get work in a smaller business). The whole thing is a load of balls anyway since all it's gonna consist is working on the till / stacking shelves / making a cup of tae etc

liam88
11/06/2006, 8:47 PM
I've got my first one tomorrow!!
Great verse I always like to think of before exams/hard times:

"This is the confidence that we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us- whatever we ask- we know that we have what we asked of him."

Good luck guys taking exams in England-may God be with you!

monzo
12/06/2006, 4:29 PM
England?

Done crap in both Maths and Geography today. However I should manage an A in everyone's favourite subject; History.

SligoBrewer
12/06/2006, 6:09 PM
if only u had an understanding of history like me and r&w rover! :D

maths ppr 2 was suprisingly P1SS 3ASY...
\Geography as well

Conor H
12/06/2006, 8:21 PM
got an A in the JC in History...........loved the subject!

Would have loved to have done it for the LC but it didn't suit to do it in all honest!
Ara well!

Bon chance pour les examens Francais demain!!

Je suis tres nerveuse!!!!:eek:

monzo
12/06/2006, 8:34 PM
I love history as well (well mainly the Irish parts of it), got 98 at X-mas and 68 in the Mocks - which wasn't bad actually, since I hadn't studied.

History is tomorrow - I have a feeling I could balls it up.

sligoman
13/06/2006, 6:20 PM
Bon chance pour les examens Francais demain!!

Je suis tres nerveuse!!!!:eek:I may not know me Irish but I know the French alright:cool: :D.

SligoBrewer
13/06/2006, 6:42 PM
franch and history alright...how did the maths suit u yesterday conor?

heard they made a balls of the paper

Conor H
13/06/2006, 8:09 PM
Well thank f*ck i ddin't do the honours paper.....it was by all accounts scandalous.Totally unfair the LC is hard enough as it is without throwing us off on the day of the exam!
The pass paper was grand but had a few tricky parts!

French is a joke too!:mad: ........The aural was impossible and having to discuss the world cup slogan in french is a bit diificult considering you'd sum it up in one sentence in English.:rolleyes:

Business tomorrow, Accounting(monday),Economics on wednesday and i like all those subject so hopefully they'll be grand!:)

sligoman
13/06/2006, 8:21 PM
Well thank f*ck i ddin't do the honours paper.....it was by all accounts scandalous.Totally unfair the LC is hard enough as it is without throwing us off on the day of the exam!Why what happened?:confused:.

joema
13/06/2006, 8:23 PM
Well thank f*ck i ddin't do the honours paper.....it was by all accounts scandalous.Totally unfair the LC is hard enough as it is without throwing us off on the day of the exam!
The pass paper was grand but had a few tricky parts!

French is a joke too!:mad: ........The aural was impossible and having to discuss the world cup slogan in french is a bit diificult considering you'd sum it up in one sentence in English.:rolleyes:

Business tomorrow, Accounting(monday),Economics on wednesday and i like all those subject so hopefully they'll be grand!:)

Thought french was grand. The listening was a bit tricky - what sport and what country did you say in the last section (news section) ?

eamoss
13/06/2006, 9:08 PM
Well thank f*ck i ddin't do the honours paper.....it was by all accounts scandalous.

What subject was that?

Geog higher level was grand say I got full marks in the shorts.

Y o Y did I do business I h8 the subject and have no interest in the subject still doin higher tho :D

Business 2moro, Tech Drawing thus & fir then finish off with construction on wed

Conor H
13/06/2006, 10:12 PM
Thought french was grand. The listening was a bit tricky - what sport and what country did you say in the last section (news section) ?
Finlma it was ok but i've had nicer papers..........hate French with a passion so i'd be a bit biased.Croatia and handball for those!

Why what happened?
It asked 4 questions about stuff not even on the syllabus!:rolleyes:

What subject was that?

Geog higher level was grand say I got full marks in the shorts.

Y o Y did I do business I h8 the subject and have no interest in the subject still doin higher tho

Business 2moro, Tech Drawing thus & fir then finish off with construction on wed
Maths.
I'm looking forward to Business,hoping for an A2.

dfx-
13/06/2006, 10:41 PM
it was by all accounts scandalous.Totally unfair the LC is hard enough as it is without throwing us off on the day of the exam!

I remember doing the honours Maths paper II (I think) in 2003 and it being difficult enough...it was so serious it even made the Joe Duffy show...( :D ). The Maths papers in particular seem to have history.

Personally I don't think the LC is that hard, it's too much of a glorified memory/regurgitation test and why I don't really entertain stories of them "throwing us off".:)

tetsujin1979
14/06/2006, 9:37 AM
I did the Leaving waay back in 1997, and our Physics teacher remarked that our physics paper was the hardest in 10 years. I remember at least 5 people got up and walked out before 5 minutes. Was tempted to join them myself...