PDA

View Full Version : Flight 93

OwlsFan
06/06/2006, 2:45 PM
If the US Home air defence system was as bad as it is portrayed in the above film, I am surprised the Soviets didn't fly a few passenger planes loaded with nuclear war heads into a few cities during the Cold War. Also if Flight 93 had been delayed on the ground a bit longer the passengers would be alive today :(

Ash
07/06/2006, 7:32 AM
I saw that film on DVD a few weeks ago.
Whats the story with the new film coming in to the cinema now,
United 93. Is it basicially the same film?

Peadar
07/06/2006, 8:31 AM
...United 93. Is it basicially the same film?

Essentially it is, but it was made with the co-operation of the families. The reviews have been quite good over here.

OwlsFan
07/06/2006, 8:59 AM
The cinema film just released concentrates mostly on the Flight Control centres. The film I saw on TV deals more with the passengers on the plane.

Aberdonian Stu
07/06/2006, 10:04 AM
Well apparently Flight 93 is a superior film to United 93 which would make sense as the latter is a TV movie while the former was directed by Paul Greengrass (legend).

Peadar
07/06/2006, 10:52 AM
Well apparently Flight 93 is a superior film to United 93 which would make sense as the latter is a TV movie while the former was directed by Paul Greengrass (legend).

I think you're getting confused there. United 93 is a theatre movie which was directed by Paul Greengrass, who also directed Bloody Sunday. It gives a realtime account of events in the air and on the ground with the usual high attention to detail associated with Greengrass.

Aberdonian Stu
07/06/2006, 4:03 PM
That's right my apologies. The similarity in names is blatant cause for a mix up.