PDA

View Full Version : Gerry Kelly

LondonRover
06/06/2006, 12:19 PM
Met a gang of lads from Glasgow on Saturday night at a gig over here and as soon as I said I was born in Sligo they all wanted to know if I followed Rovers and if I remembered Gerry Kelly from the "double team" ( I quickly reminded themn it was actually a treble!).
Turns out he's one of their best mates and in their words "a ****in legend!)

Apparently he's gotten "bored of threesomes with the lassies" :p

Maybe he is a ****in legend after all.

Anyway, an unexpected Rovers related incident in London! :D

Redzer
06/06/2006, 12:30 PM
Is there any regular place Rovers fans gets together over there?

sligobhoy67
07/06/2006, 11:40 PM
did he metion me - he's best mates with my best mate in Manchester and we all went on holiday together to Portugal a couple of years ago!

sligobhoy67
07/06/2006, 11:42 PM
p.s. Gerry is a legend with the women and has the biggest - well you know - that I have even seen!!!

LondonRover
08/06/2006, 11:14 AM
That was the kinda vibe I was getting off them.

And Redzer, in response - no! Maybe there should be. I did bump into a fellow Rover in my local once (I think he actually works with a lad I know) but no there's no network of Rovers fans over here that I know of. (although I know that there used to be a London Supporters Club back in the 90s)

red_away
08/06/2006, 12:30 PM
We had a rovers supporters club in the mid 90's but it fizzled out due to the committee at odds with what direction the club should take. Some thought it should be for arranging trips back, some wanted to concentrate on building up no.s in the club and the Rovers wanted us to send money back to them and didnt seem very interested in anything else. Although we did have a visit from Ray Gallagher which was appreciated. There are about 5 or 6 of us in the Harrow area but these things are time consuming and difficult to organise and also a lot of sligo people have repatriated to the celtic tiger. It is a shame it fizzled out.