PDA

View Full Version : Best Kit

The Stars
05/06/2006, 10:25 AM
was just looking through the Avaters and thought what was the best jersey in the leagues at the moment.
Dont pick your own club!!
I would say Drogs home one is one of the best,on sale in Sligo,might buy it.
Corks new home one is also nice.

dcfcsteve
05/06/2006, 11:28 AM
Drogheda's jersy is on sale in Sligo ????? :eek: :confused:

sligoman
05/06/2006, 11:32 AM
Drogheda's jersy is on sale in Sligo ?????:confused:Yes cos their made by Jako sports.

Best jersey(saying as I cant pick our one) would have to be Derry City's home one cos it's the closest one to ours:D :p.

dcfcsteve
05/06/2006, 11:40 AM
Yes cos their made by Jako sports.

I know Jako's make your jersey, but is it a Sligo company ?

Still don't see the sense in selling a Drogheda jersey in Sligo though. Can't imagine demand is high for them. Umbro's UK headquarters are in London, but I don't see them selling any Derry tops over here !! :)

Best jersey(saying as I cant pick our one) would have to be Derry City's home one cos it's the closest one to ours:D :p.

Conversely, I find the Sligo one a bit wierd (sorry !). The red and whie stripes are very thin, so it looks starnge IMO.

sligoman
05/06/2006, 11:43 AM
I know Jako's make your jersey, but is it a Sligo company ?

Still don't see the sense in selling a Drogheda jersey in Sligo though. Can't imagine demand is high for them. Umbro's UK headquarters are in London, but I don't see them selling any Derry tops over here !! :)Slight difference in company size of Jako and Umbro;).

I doubt their is much demand tbh, don't think they sell them publicly, they probably print some there and send them on. I've also seen Harps jerseys in there and trust me, theirs no demand for that:D.

Pauro 76
05/06/2006, 11:48 AM
I know Jako's make your jersey, but is it a Sligo company

Its a German company as far as I know. They do some Bundesliga teams (cant remember who) and Portsmouth too. Drogheda's is probably the best in the eL I reckon, St. Pats and Shels have decent efforts too, but the worst is definitely Cork's.

sligoman
05/06/2006, 11:50 AM
Its a German company as far as I know.Oh yeah it is German, see here (http://www.jako.de/default.asp?PageNo=DEFAULT).

anto eile
05/06/2006, 2:52 PM
il pick the drogheda jersey as the nicest
although i know im not meant to pick my own club, but i do genuinely believe the new Rovers black away one is the nicest in the league

diamond
06/06/2006, 9:07 AM
drogheda jersey is best. also the most worn jersey ever in the town. not coincidence because they doing well. sad thing is that people who never go to the matches even wear it. or i suppose they are contributing to the club in a way.all el jerseys could improve as part of the marketing drive for the league. the bohs away kit looks like a schoolboys. cork home kit is revolting. i used to like the pats jersey but has gone down hill in the last few seasons

Pablo
06/06/2006, 9:10 AM
our home shirt is the worst but our away white one in one of the best IMo

Gareth
06/06/2006, 9:34 AM
What you think of the all black bohs jersey? I don't really like Drogs, I'm not a big fan of the colours. I think I would go for the all black bohs jobbie?

robbieos88
06/06/2006, 9:37 AM
I like Derrys jersey the most but if anything I would have said Pats jerseys have got better in the last few seasons

Drumcondra Red
06/06/2006, 10:45 AM
I like Derry's one, Cork's is shocking, although I did originally think it was alright, our new white one looks very nice...

RTRS

Dazzy
06/06/2006, 10:54 AM
I hated our black one, but now it looks ok, best I've seen would be Pat's one.

Ash
06/06/2006, 10:59 AM
Our new away one is decent enough, looks a bit like a (old?) Chelsea away.

The new Harps away kit - its just like watching Brazil :)

Peadar
06/06/2006, 11:00 AM
Drogs is disgusting, as is any team kit in those colours.
Why the hell did Bohs get rid of the stripes?
I used to like the Milan style shirt.
I suppose if I have to choose, St. Pat's is one of the nicer home kits.

BohDiddley
06/06/2006, 11:04 AM
What you think of the all black bohs jersey? I don't really like Drogs, I'm not a big fan of the colours. I think I would go for the all black bohs jobbie?
Awful.
With luck, normal striped service will be resumed next year, along with normal football.

eamoss
06/06/2006, 1:00 PM
I think the best are
1.Cork Home
2.Sligo Home
3.Dublin City Away
4.Derry Away
5.Bohs Home
6.Rovers Away

Dont know wat uz all see in the drogs jersey. Dundalk home jersey is alrite :D but dont like the 3rd kit, I know its the same design but green doesnt suit that design!

ColinR
06/06/2006, 1:26 PM
leaving out our own jersey, i have to say i like st pats and bray. i think cork (home) and ucd (away) are both terrible efforts. cork's was so much better without the stripes. ucd's away reminds me too much of a gaa jersey.

i like boh's black one, but think it would be better as an away, and keeping the red and black stripes for their home one.

Magicme
06/06/2006, 3:08 PM
drogheda jersey is best. also the most worn jersey ever in the town. not coincidence because they doing well. sad thing is that people who never go to the matches even wear it. or i suppose they are contributing to the club in a way.all el jerseys could improve as part of the marketing drive for the league. the bohs away kit looks like a schoolboys. cork home kit is revolting. i used to like the pats jersey but has gone down hill in the last few seasons

Your not meant to pick ur own jersey! I like the Drogs one but think there is a bit too many ads on them. In the first division I like Dundalks....coz it clings in all the wrong places and shows them off for what they are.

On a side note....our Womens jersey is really nice and clings in all the right places!

JC_GUFC
06/06/2006, 3:49 PM
The best I've seen this season is the Monaghan away jersey they wore against Dublin City. Apparently there was no need to turn on the floodlights in Dalyer because the jerseys were so bright - however as the attendance was 0 (to the nearest thousand) there is no-one who can actually verify this.

Magicme
06/06/2006, 3:50 PM
The best I've seen this season is the Monaghan away jersey they wore against Dublin City. Apparently there was no need to turn on the floodlights in Dalyer because the jerseys were so bright - however as the attendance was 0 (to the nearest thousand) there is no-one who can actually verify this.

:D :D :D

Our lovely yellow jerseys......

JC_GUFC
06/06/2006, 3:53 PM
You call that yellow?!?!

It looked the same colour as this face to me... :D

Magicme
06/06/2006, 3:55 PM
It is yellow but it is rather luminous....its a ploy of ours in the hope that we can dazzle them into making mistakes and letting us win....it almost worked too....if it hadnt been for those pesky kids and that dog.....

DmanDmythDledge
06/06/2006, 4:36 PM
I think the Sligo home looks good.

adamcarr
06/06/2006, 5:26 PM
I like the Bray jersey and the Derry one aswell. Cork Citys new one is muck, the material, the design, everything about it is wrong. I like drtogs kit but the jersey on its own isnt the greatest!

Maynard
06/06/2006, 5:33 PM
I like UCD's home jersey and Cark's new home one. Think our white away kit is bleedin' rapid! Although we've only worn it a couple of times this year.

Liked Shels one last year as well, but think they've made it a smidge uglier this season.

monutdfc
07/06/2006, 10:39 AM
I was watching the gaa on tv on Sunday and the most awful eircom league jersey is nicer than the nicest gaa one! The Tipperary goalkeeper's one being the worst abomination on show.
Bray's is one of the nicest alright, but I preferred their striped one with the white stripes being a mesh material. Shamrock Rover's black one looks well, as does Sligo's home one, I like the narrower stripes.
Cork's black and yellow one is awful. Limerick's green away strip they wore on Friday wasn't that nice either.

pete
07/06/2006, 12:08 PM
Bohs decision to remove the strips was really stupid. No idea why would choose to remove years of stripey history ;)

Derry City stripes good, don't like the wide stripes of Longford. Not a big fan of claret/brown jerseys. Shels colours too common.

Pauro 76
07/06/2006, 12:14 PM
Bohs decision to remove the strips was really stupid. No idea why would choose to remove years of stripey history ;).

not a fan of changing team colours for the sake of it. (Hello Cork and Bohs!) if its for a historical reason (like Arsenal, fair enough) but have Bohs ever played in all black? alothugh Longford Town had a kit in the 90s (Pat the Baker sponsored, with no stripes, all red) so who am i to judge... oh and was disappointed to see Dublin City's kit practically the same as ours with different colours. but at least we look different to bohs for once! oh and the way Derry City's sponsor is pasted over the new kit looks very iffy...

Raheny Red
07/06/2006, 12:24 PM
not a fan of changing team colours for the sake of it. (Hello Cork and Bohs!) if its for a historical reason (like Arsenal, fair enough) but have Bohs ever played in all black? alothugh Longford Town had a kit in the 90s (Pat the Baker sponsored, with no stripes, all red) so who am i to judge... oh and was disappointed to see Dublin City's kit practically the same as ours with different colours. but at least we look different to bohs for once! oh and the way Derry City's sponsor is pasted over the new kit looks very iffy...

AFAIK the Gypos didn't wear the red n black stripes all of their life.

Dazzy
07/06/2006, 12:58 PM
PAURO we only got a sponsor a few weeks ago and the current shirts are being made somewhere in Asia.

dancinpants
07/06/2006, 6:21 PM
Alot of people don't seem to like it, but I have to go with Corks home jersey.

pete
07/06/2006, 7:11 PM
Alot of people don't seem to like it, but I have to go with Corks home jersey.

Some City fans have issues with some aspects of the new stripe jersey but big improvement on qualoity of last version - old one was stitched together so harder to supply demand for merchandising.

Green stripes is different & i hope we keep it although adding some red wouldn't be bad either.

anto eile
07/06/2006, 8:02 PM
bohs have worn varous designs of red and black. in the 80s theyd a red with black trim shirt. they also had a red and black Hoops shirt at one stage. so no big deal for them changing from stripes imo. i seen the bohs all black shirt up close. really cheap looking, crap looking rubbish effort from o neills.
corks away is vile
their home is nice enough,the numbers arent too clearly visible though. maybe a white box on the back of the shirt would help, or white outline round the edge of the printing would eb agood idea

Conor H
07/06/2006, 8:10 PM
I like Rovers away jersey.
Also like our Argentina away one!:p

Mr A
07/06/2006, 8:12 PM
You call that yellow?!?!

It looked the same colour as this face to me...

Surely there can be no jersey brighter than the Harps away kit of 1998-99? It was the luminous yellow one that we wore in the cup final. Greatest jersey ever as far as I'm concerned, I still love wearing it on a nice sunny day :)

anto eile
07/06/2006, 8:16 PM
galway home and awy is nice
that Harps yellow kit was nice too
not to mention the legendary Rovers purple lightning strip of '94.class

Eoingull
07/06/2006, 10:58 PM
I think Cork have the best kit...but it's probably only because it reminds me of the old Bray one! Green and white stripes is a refreshing break from the norm.

Drumcondra Red
08/06/2006, 9:53 AM
On a side note....our Womens jersey is really nice and clings in all the right places!

Does it show your boobs well???

Magicme
08/06/2006, 10:04 AM

Since I dont play and dont yet own one of these jerseys I cant answer for myself and tbh dont really be lookin at how well it shows the teams boobs so I cant give u a difinative answer!

But most things show my boobs.....:o

superfrank
08/06/2006, 10:21 AM
My favourite jersey would be the Galway one.

Peadar
08/06/2006, 11:14 AM

A quick look at their website gallery will give you your answer. Can't say it's flattering to anyone! The Arsenal Ladies have shirts styled differently to the mens and they cling in all the right places.
I'll post a picture or two on Totty Watch... (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=22183)

monutdfc
08/06/2006, 11:29 AM
A quick look at their website gallery will give you your answer. Can't say it's flattering to anyone!
Those photos were taken before the new women's jerseys arrived. I'll get some photos up of the women in their new jerseys sponsored by Elite the Diamond Monaghan :D in the next few weeks.

DvB
08/06/2006, 4:20 PM
The Galway away shirt JC was wearing on our bus to Galway last weekend was probably the nicest shirt i've seen in a long time (obviously not counting our own current black away number that i cant vote for;) )

Koh

Magicme
09/06/2006, 11:41 AM
Those photos were taken before the new women's jerseys arrived. I'll get some photos up of the women in their new jerseys sponsored by Elite the Diamond Monaghan :D in the next few weeks.

eh its actually ESPRIT that sponser them! First I get the name of the woman from ESPRIT wrong in my notes and now this.....yikes....they may pull out of next year at this rate!!

:eek:

CollegeTillIDie
10/06/2006, 8:58 AM
Bohdiddley

I have never understood why Bohemians do not do the following two things( once they revert to black and red stripes of course):
1/ Get their kit made by the same manufacturer as Milan and 2/ Get the same sponsor ( Opel in this case). Think of the marketing opportunities. And the kit Manufacturer would only have to put a different badge on to make it a Bohs shirt!

Athlone Town should do the same with Inter Milan. After all Pirelli sell tyres here too !

P.S. having said that I was a bit peed off with certain so called Dublin Clubs ripping off UCD for their away strips... but hey Inter and AC Milan can afford it :D

BohsPartisan
10/06/2006, 6:24 PM
I think the black shirt had the potential to be great if it was made by someone good like Adidas but O Neills balsed it up a bit. Its all out of proportion, the arms are flared! The sponsor in block capitals is awful too. As long as we're with O Neills it doesn't matter how good a kit design looks the end product will be sub standard.