PDA

View Full Version : Monaghan United ladies

prinz
04/06/2006, 5:32 PM
having seen them play they are a very good team we played them in pre season and they beat us they have some serious squad. the left winger is class could walk into any dublin league premier team and the central midfielder as well. the girl that plays up front if u give her 1 chance then bang its in the net i am not surprised that they scored 22 goals in a game anyone of them could score lokk forward to playing u next season when you come up to the premier division

diamond
06/06/2006, 9:21 AM
i think people are getting carried away a bit about monaghan after a couple of results against very poor teams. drogheda have had a couple of good results also in the league but just coz nobody posts up the big scores it goes unnoticed. i think its a bit of mons blowing thier own horns at the moment. judge them after they have played trim and drogs, both of whom will put up a much better fight. i think drogheda will be the real surprise package of that particular league this time round.mons in prem next year????who are you kiddin?

Magicme
06/06/2006, 9:35 AM
i think people are getting carried away a bit about monaghan after a couple of results against very poor teams. drogheda have had a couple of good results also in the league but just coz nobody posts up the big scores it goes unnoticed. i think its a bit of mons blowing thier own horns at the moment. judge them after they have played trim and drogs, both of whom will put up a much better fight. i think drogheda will be the real surprise package of that particular league this time round.mons in prem next year????who are you kiddin?

Not a case of blowing trumpets....just a case of trying to get some PR going on the women as its our first year and we need to publicise the team. Also we beat Drogheda (think it was 8-1) in a pre-season friendly. Granted they apparently didnt play their full team but as it was our girls 3rd ever game of soccer it still wasnt bad.

As for Trim, we were meant to play them on Monday but from what I hear they cried off.

Yes I agree we are a bit hyper about our results at the mo, we are a new team who have played and held our own with some of the best teams in the north in pre-season and have started our league and cup with good results....what is there not to be excited about??

We are looking forward to playing Drogs again and wish Trim hadnt cancelled the other day coz the girls really are looking forward to some teams putting it up to them. They didnt ask to be put in this division, it was the leagues decision. I personally dont think they will be in the Prem next season but they will be knocking on the door of it. As prinz says we have a few players who could get a game with any of the top teams and rumour has it that there are a few being watched for International duty....not bad considering they only started playing together in October.

As I say its not bragging, we are trying to generate an interest in the womens team in Monaghan, its called promotion and development of the game, and one of the best ways to do this is by putting in match reports and reporting the results.

Rant over.

diamond
06/06/2006, 10:27 AM
you're right that was a rant.

i'm all for publicising the teams in the league but do you really think that by claiming two games into a season that premier league football beckons is really doing anyone any good.? what most clubs are doing in this league (i mean mons, drogs, trim league) is trying to develop. this is a long process. short term success should not be the goal. highlighting how bad other teams (also newly formed) are should not be the goal.raheny started this better than all attitude a few years ago and have since been taught some harsh lessons. i'm not saying monaghan aren't good but the premier isnt easy. i played at top level for ten years and had to put up with listening to people saying i was only considered good coz others are so bad.but that is truth about mons in their first two games.
highlighting success is one thing. gloating before a league is won is another.

prinz
06/06/2006, 11:16 AM
having seen them play they are a very good team we played them in pre season and they beat us they have some serious squad. the left winger is class could walk into any dublin league premier team and the central midfielder as well. the girl that plays up front if u give her 1 chance then bang its in the net i am not surprised that they scored 22 goals in a game anyone of them could score lokk forward to playing u next season when you come up to the premier division

that is my opinion nothing to do with them i just leeting people know they are a very good team

Magicme
06/06/2006, 2:32 PM
you're right that was a rant.

i'm all for publicising the teams in the league but do you really think that by claiming two games into a season that premier league football beckons is really doing anyone any good.? what most clubs are doing in this league (i mean mons, drogs, trim league) is trying to develop. this is a long process. short term success should not be the goal. highlighting how bad other teams (also newly formed) are should not be the goal.raheny started this better than all attitude a few years ago and have since been taught some harsh lessons. i'm not saying monaghan aren't good but the premier isnt easy. i played at top level for ten years and had to put up with listening to people saying i was only considered good coz others are so bad.but that is truth about mons in their first two games.
highlighting success is one thing. gloating before a league is won is another.

Not trying to be pedantic about it but have gone thro my previous posts on this subject and cant see where I said that Premier football is beckoning. I have said that we should possibly be a division or 2 higher but thats to save the demoralising scorelines in fairness to other teams who are developing.

If advertising that your team have done well is considered gloating then so be it....I have never said any team was **** or slagged any teams off. I dont know why you are making such a big issue out of this all. In my posts I have said that I was looking forward to the game against Walkinstown coz they were going to be tough, same with Trim Celtic so am not saying that they are all conquering. We certainly dont see the short term and that is why we are in the process of developing juvenille squads with the aim of giving them the best playing facilities we can and all the encouragement and coaching at the clubs disposal to try and foster the development of the game in the County and area. I dont see how our senior womens squad doing really well in their first ever league and cup games will damage the development long term. We expect that if we do move up leagues, things will get tougher and our womens team are looking forward to meeting those challenges as they come.