PDA

View Full Version : Dublin City's website at it yet again

Pages : [1] 2

Poor Student
03/06/2006, 3:41 PM
Match report on the Cork City match on their site:

http://www.dublincityfc.com/

DUBLIN CITY.....0; CORK CITY....4

A WEEK is a long time in football. Just seven days after berating officials for sending off Michael Devine in the FAI Cup at Flancare Park, Cork City manager Damien Richardson was all smiles as his side benefitted from two outrageous refereeing decisions which ruined Dublin City's game plan against the champions last night.

Naturally, Richardson kicked for touch when asked about the incidents claiming he was at the wrong end of the ground, but for touchline official Rhona Daly, she stands indicted for one of the season's howler's as she gave a goal that replay shows never crossed the line. How can she give something she can't see? She can't really, but then this is eircom League officials and anything is likely to happen - and it did.

Bad enough to be a goal down by the eight minute, six minutes later Neale Fenn - perhaps a yard offside, but offside all the same is allowed carry on and slip the ball past Rogers. Rhonda nowhere to be seen on this occasion and she gets another call wrong- City two down to two goals that should have not be allowed! Both howlers down to Rhona!

Rico's rant had its reward and his claims that there was an agenda against his club and Dublin based hierarchy pales yet again as Dublin City are blatantly done yet again, again, again, again and again.

It might sound like a broken needle but the standard of referee that Dublin City and the decisions against them has had to live with borders on the shocking and manager Dermot Keely candidly admitted that in 37 years of involvement in the game this performance was right down with the worst of them - and there have been many.

"The clubs are making huge efforts and so are the players and here you have the match officials ruining the match as a spectacle because of horrendous decisions like that. I've had two players sent off and while I don't argue with the merit of those decisions, the referee and his team of officials will be back refereeing next week and invariably when you give out about a particular official they have a habit of sticking you with the same ref to try shut you up, so I expect to see him quite soon.

"My players will stand suspended but they'll be off doing matches performing as only they know how. It's a joke but that's the way it is and many parts of the game have moved on but the likes of this is simply killing it. I walked away from Shelbourne because of decisions like this and while the clubs have moved on you saw the appaling decisions this evening undermining the game at this level."

"They are only part of the game and while big strides have been made, the standard of match official is really abysmal on occasions and while Cork are a decent side, they've been given the best possible start and it's killed the game for us."

Added Keely: "We've played two games since Cork played last and we've had to go to extratime to, so I thought we looked tired and the way Cork passed the ball we probably would have lost the game by a couple of goals anyway. But that still doesn't make up for the decisions that have gone against us and I know where Damien was coming from last week. This week it's me, but the common denominator is the match official and the game is suffering greatly as a result and it's time that people in authority stand up and do something about it."

"You run the gauntlet of clocking a fine but I'm not the one making the mistake, I'm just pointing out who it is and how it's ruining and killing the game."

Effectively over as a contest both Ben Whelehan and Gary Rogers subsequently saw red for last man tackles with Dave Conroy having to face George O'Callaghan's spotkick for City's third goal and while he made a brave attempt to save, the ball found the back of the net. Substitute Ray Lally added a fourth late on and Richardson's rant had reaped it's full reward - the agenda is not against Cork, it's against Dublin City!!!.

One blight on the game was George O'Callaghan's show of bad sportsmanship at a time when the Vikings were down to nine-men. George may be the darling of the Leesiders but his juvenile display of `show boating' showed just how unsporting an individual he is.

Assistant Dublin City manager Gar Cronin let him know in no uncertain terms of his disgust when O'Callaghan was substituted. Said Cronin: "I played for Cork for 10 years and that's not what Cork City football club is about. It was a disgrace and I let him know how I felt about it. It was bang out of order trying to take the **** out of a team that's down to nine players. It was sad to see and a poor reflection on him as an individual and he should be ashamed of his actions in a Cork City jersey."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

It also has a headline "Rhona's two big howlers" with a picture of her upper body in shall we say "mid bounce". Am I jumping the gun or are they getting at something there? They'd be in serious trouble if they were.:confused: I've said it before and I'll say it again, their lack of professionalism on their site is appalling. What kind of club is stupid enough to publicise their staff criticising match officials in this current climate?

pól-dcfc
03/06/2006, 3:51 PM
Ridden rock solid by Rhona.... Now there's one to put you off your dinner.

Poor Student
03/06/2006, 3:52 PM

:D :D :D

Sniffer
03/06/2006, 4:01 PM
I'm going to resist any Rhona jibes, what did O'Callaghan do exactly?

GavinZac
03/06/2006, 4:03 PM
i love the bit where gaz cronin is giving out about george making a mockery of some of dublin's players. he'd just been hacked down, got up and started solo'ing the ball and flicking it about in front of a bemused dub. apparantly, according gaz cronin, thats not what cork city football club is all about. wait - so we dont like take the **** out of dubs now?
tell you what gareth, maybe georgie could've stuck the ball in his own net to make it 'nicer' for the dublin side - you that a few times didn't you?

pól-dcfc
03/06/2006, 4:11 PM
We'd be left with no ref's if you were applying that logic rogue. There needs to be a serious training camp for all officials, and a few sets of specsavers vouchers aswell. This comes up every signle week. The officials are simply inept.

Sniffer
03/06/2006, 4:29 PM
We need a 'rant about officials' thread for these weekly occurences:mad:

GavinZac
03/06/2006, 4:33 PM
the ball defiantely crossed the line for the first goal, as for fenn being off-side - i wasnt paying much attention to the dub's backline, but the lines.. people were very quick to call offsides all night so i'd have to see it again rather than take keely's word for it.

Poor Student
03/06/2006, 4:37 PM
These aren't really the issues. All our clubs have been ridden rock solid by officials but our sites don't come up with ridiculously biased articles like that (Drogs excepted;) ).

Roverstillidie
03/06/2006, 5:03 PM

:D :D

I note the writing style and length of sentences are remarkably similar to a regular poster here....

Mr A
03/06/2006, 5:15 PM
Ridden rock solid by Rhona

Or maybe even.

Raging Rocky Ridden Rock Solid By Rhona as Rueful Rico Refuses to Renew his Rant!

el punter
03/06/2006, 5:27 PM
At least they manage to get a match report (however myopic) on their website in a timely fashion.

pól-dcfc
03/06/2006, 5:41 PM

I note the writing style and length of sentences are remarkably similar to a regular poster here....

:eek:

Hope you don't think i'm some sort of duplictious member! This is my only user name. Wonder who you are talking about?

Maynard
03/06/2006, 5:57 PM
the ball defiantely crossed the line for the first goal, as for fenn being off-side - i wasnt paying much attention to the dub's backline, but the lines.. people were very quick to call offsides all night so i'd have to see it again rather than take keely's word for it.

Absolutley NO CHANCE did that ball cross the line for the first goal, none. And for arguements sake, even if it had, Rhona would have to have seen through the bodies of (at least) Gary Rodgers and Derek Pender who were both on the line. Having seen it back I'm 100% convinced it didn't cross the line. As far as any of the other decisions, I don't really give a monkeys.

And on the article, hmmm...I'd best keep my thoughts to myself.

Réiteoir
03/06/2006, 7:10 PM
It's a Dublin Conspiracy against Dublin clubs

Ridden Rock Solid I tells yer

Now - where's that door?

Poor Student
03/06/2006, 8:18 PM
At least they manage to get a match report (however myopic) on their website in a timely fashion.

They'd be better off having none instead of that kind of tripe.

Philly
03/06/2006, 9:50 PM
Ha thats hilarious. At least Dublin are a laugh. Its better to put up a funny post on your website than do what the likes of Fenlon does and just try start on the officials after the final whistle. I suppose Keely is too old to take on the officials these days anyway... So, do they get fined now?

Risteard
03/06/2006, 10:04 PM
Ha. Very funny.
The refereeing was indeed awful.

One blight on the game was George O'Callaghan's show of bad sportsmanship at a time when the Vikings were down to nine-men. George may be the darling of the Leesiders but his juvenile display of `show boating' showed just how unsporting an individual he is.
I didn't see it (soloing or something?) but that's a real embarassing cringey attitude for them to take.
No disrespect to top man Gareth Cronin there.

It also has a headline "Rhona's two big howlers" with a picture of her upper body in shall we say "mid bounce". Am I jumping the gun or are they getting at something there? They'd be in serious trouble if they were.:confused:
Ha! Have to admire that.
Outrageously sexist but can't be proved what they meant.
Is it true that Seery himself does most of the reports etc on the site?
+
What exactly was Georgie up to?

DmanDmythDledge
03/06/2006, 10:11 PM
If Ronaldinho was show boating he would be praised for his skill. Just because Georgie is probably the most hated player in the league he gets abused for it. Now I don't know exactly what he was doing so I can't take sides but fans are there to be entertained. Also I think it was irrelevent that DC were down to 9 men?

Red4Eva
03/06/2006, 11:08 PM
what did georgie actually do? i know he deserves some criticism from time to time but it sounds like gaz cronin is talking sh*te. maybe if one or two of DC's players had the ability to entertain like george does DC might have more than 7 fans

redgav
03/06/2006, 11:16 PM
Absolutley NO CHANCE did that ball cross the line for the first goal, none. And for arguements sake, even if it had, Rhona would have to have seen through the bodies of (at least) Gary Rodgers and Derek Pender who were both on the line. Having seen it back I'm 100% convinced it didn't cross the line. As far as any of the other decisions, I don't really give a monkeys.

And on the article, hmmm...I'd best keep my thoughts to myself.

Absolout twaddle..you slate yer wan for giving a decision cos she had to see through some bodies ,yet you claim to have some divine eyesight considering all you dublin gaa shirt wearing dc "support" were at the other end of the stadium...priceless
I spoke to the O'flynn afterwards and he was certain it was over as well ,the biggest worry he had was the ref not giving it

As for the showboating ,it was priceless.George had just been hacked down for the umpteenth time,went off for treatment and when he got the ball a minurte later he solo'd it on front of the cork city support,4 or 5 keepie uppies and a step over and thats caused all thefurore !!!
I'd suggest Seery and co ,could do well to look after their own houses rather than looking for something to moan about ....the incompetence and lack of control and discipline was there for everyone to see.

Réiteoir
03/06/2006, 11:24 PM
The hilarious irony of a Cork City hanger on castigating another club for a lack of control and discipline.

How is that glass house of yours coming along - heard you managed to get a cheap door (slightly damaged) from a supplier in the Midlands

dcfcsteve
03/06/2006, 11:31 PM
Shockingly unprofessional that an article like that should appear on an official club site.

Say more about Dublin City than the issues at hand....

A face
04/06/2006, 12:39 AM
What were they thinking of even daring to criticise officials ... well beyond their station.

Patrick Dunne
04/06/2006, 11:29 AM
The attack on O'Callaghan for showing a bit of skill is ridiculous. He might be full of himself, but punters go to football to see something special, not some mullocker flaking the ball down the pitch !

Derek
04/06/2006, 12:29 PM
Georgie gave us the fingers when his back was to the ref, he also signaled with his fingers three to zero and gave a cheeky smile, I thought it was funny to be honest, as for the pepsi summer camp soccer skills that georgie showed us,well they were not the silky'ist of skills but it was funny to watch, I have no problem with any of the stuff the players did, The linos and ref caused all the problems, they were bad for both teams just a little bit worse for us because they gave two dodgy goals. I don't think there is a plan against anybody/team inparticular, they are just bad.

Philly
04/06/2006, 12:30 PM
Keely and his management team are never fond of "samba soccer"! Even when he was at Kildare County. I remember how a winger would be trying to use his skill / pace to get past players and Keely, Dykes or Gill would be on the sideline telling him to " kick the ****ing thing away". Cronin is just being trained in as a "on the ground" hater, that's all.

Poor Student
04/06/2006, 1:20 PM
Dublin City fans, have you nothing to say for your site constantly churning out crap like this then?

micls
04/06/2006, 1:25 PM
Georgie gave us the fingers when his back was to the ref, he also signaled with his fingers three to zero and gave a cheeky smile, I thought it was funny to be honest, as for the pepsi summer camp soccer skills that georgie showed us,well they were not the silky'ist of skills but it was funny to watch, I have no problem with any of the stuff the players did, The linos and ref caused all the problems, they were bad for both teams just a little bit worse for us because they gave two dodgy goals. I don't think there is a plan against anybody/team inparticular, they are just bad.

That sums it up really. Thought the first was definately in but will wait for EL weekly to see for sure. Didn't notice Fenn being offside but would be surprised in that iv never seen as many offsides given as in that match.

Dublin City were shocking but i have to say fair play to the section of fans who tried to keep singing the whole way through. It can't be easy watching that but at least ye're supporting the EL.

And if ye think those match reports are bad ye should take a look at the Drogheda one's. That one looks professional compared to them

JW.
04/06/2006, 2:45 PM
It's a very unwise headline.
Having said that, Rhona should simply not be reffing at this level. She was reffing games in my local league (booked me once as it happens) and was - to put it mildly - not out of the ordinary. Her rapid rise to the eircom League is no more than positive discrimination and a better referee in my league agreed with me over a pint one time when I suggested as much to him.

BohsFans
04/06/2006, 5:15 PM
The poster Breifne on this site is the DC webmaster.

Sniffer
04/06/2006, 6:43 PM
It's a very unwise headline.
Having said that, Rhona should simply not be reffing at this level. She was reffing games in my local league (booked me once as it happens) and was - to put it mildly - not out of the ordinary. Her rapid rise to the eircom League is no more than positive discrimination and a better referee in my league agreed with me over a pint one time when I suggested as much to him.
She didn't ask for your number then:D

JW.
04/06/2006, 6:56 PM
She didn't ask for your number then:D
That would have compromised her integrity ;)

Derek
04/06/2006, 9:51 PM
Dublin City fans, have you nothing to say for your site constantly churning out crap like this then?

What would you like us to say? I have already siad what I thought about the whole affair. It's not crap, it's just a rant, don't see the problem really.

CollegeTillIDie
04/06/2006, 9:57 PM
Rhona has been fasttracked, through the referee ranks, partly due to a policy towads female officials, and also because she has officiated at international level in Women's football. I am an official of the Women's League in Dublin and I know her personally.
While she's a pleasant person that doesn't necessarily mean she is great match offical. Hilda Mc Dermott is way better !

soccerc
05/06/2006, 12:11 AM
While she's a pleasant person that doesn't necessarily mean she is great match offical. Hilda Mc Dermott is way better !

Yeah but Hilda doesn't get the games!

dcfcsteve
05/06/2006, 12:22 AM
What would you like us to say? I have already siad what I thought about the whole affair. It's not crap, it's just a rant, don't see the problem really.

Rants are fine - by individuals, in an individual capacity

Publically vented rants of that calibre by a club, on the other hand, are thoroughly unprofessional. What can we expect from your next match report : "Dublin City player's dads are bigger than the opposition's....." ?

Breifne
05/06/2006, 9:24 AM
The poster Breifne on this site is the DC webmaster.

I've been outed, now before wild accusations get fired around, Im am the Dublin City webmaster, however with a number of people involved in the site at the moment, i don't write any of the news or match reports, actually have only read the story for the first time this morning as i was away for the weekend. You might check the specifics before you start firing blame. Thank You.

sligoman
05/06/2006, 9:52 AM
You might check the specifics before you start firing blame. Thank You.In fairness, all he said was that you are the Dublin City webmaster, which you have admitted to. So, where's the blame?:confused:.

anto eile
05/06/2006, 2:48 PM
referreeing in the leadue is shambolic
home farm are a joke
o callaghan (althugh a knacker) did nothing wrong by showboating, imo at the highest level of the game theres nothing wrong with embarrassing your opposition.

Poor Student
05/06/2006, 3:27 PM

I'd expect you to condemn it. It makes the league look poor. Have you ever seen a big club do anything like this? This has come out of your website on a good few occasions now and none of you seem to care about it. You're a small enough club to be able to articulate your views on this to the club and try to stop it. It's embarrassing and petulant.

Roverstillidie
05/06/2006, 4:00 PM
why are you so concerned what is said in the dublin city web site? did it say anything about you or your club?

we arent, but its innapropriate for the OFFICIAL site to carry such garbage. and ditto bozos hooligan shrine.

its rocky's petty ramblings and reinforces the small time mentality of your club.

Roverstillidie
05/06/2006, 4:55 PM
nothing wrong with the report,it was an spot on. it had nothing to do with rocky it wasnt his report. nothing said about rico slating officials in press but everyone is concerned when it comes to dublin city. your just upset that your sh**hawk rovers are not big time anymore. i hope we draw you in the cup.

nothing said about rico's comments? you tulip.

http://www.foot.ie/showthread.php?t=36139

2 posts per CHF paying punter before it was closed.

as for the rest of that crap, we get more per game than you do all season.

mypost
05/06/2006, 6:32 PM
your just upset that your sh**hawk rovers are not big time anymore. i hope we draw you in the cup.

I hope we draw you too. ;)

we get more per game than you do all season

Derek
05/06/2006, 6:32 PM
we get more per game than you do all season.

And Rovers are still small time and in the first division.

Roverstillidie
05/06/2006, 7:53 PM

i know i shouldnt bite, but a chf fan calling anyone small time is laughable. we wont be there next season, will you?

mypost
05/06/2006, 7:54 PM

:DSmall-time:D

That's rich coming from a fan of the smallest club in the league. :D

Derek
06/06/2006, 8:33 AM
:DSmall-time:D

That's rich coming from a fan of the smallest club in the league. :D

Sorry lads, I was only messing, I knew someone would fall for it.

on a broader note, as far as I can see, all of the EL clubs are small, some are just a smaller than others. The fact that 2000 is considered to be a big crowd just goes to show how small the league is.

Peadar
06/06/2006, 11:07 AM
Some dubious decisions made in Dalymount on Friday night alright but Dublin City offered nothing in attack and were never in the game. There is no question about the red cards. Only casual finishing from Roy and Fenn prevented us from winning 0-6
Keely has a lot more to worry about than the officials in the league.

NY Hoop
06/06/2006, 11:47 AM
CHF has to be the only official website where the chairman can go on a rant as he has done in the past. Best laugh is any CHF fan slagging off any other club or fan:D

KOH