PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Robson out

thejollyrodger
30/05/2006, 9:24 PM
its time for Robson to go in light of his Judas comments about Jayo. I cant belive the english idiot came out with his view on Shelbournes best striker. Jason needs to work on his fitness but should in no way be excluded from the squad.

When he came on he was one of the better players.

Time to get back on your hospital bed Bobby. Obviously all those medical drugs your taking are affecting your judgement.

The Stars
30/05/2006, 9:27 PM
why,what did he say about Jason?

thejollyrodger
30/05/2006, 9:28 PM
he said he was 1 of two players that wont be ever seen in the ireland squad again.

Colbert Report
30/05/2006, 9:30 PM
If the other player was Gary Breen then I agree with him on both counts! It's an embarassment to our national team to have anyone from the Eircom League in the team. If you're not good enough to play in England, you're not good enough to play for Ireland.

DmanDmythDledge
30/05/2006, 9:32 PM
It's an embarassment to our national team to have anyone from the Eircom League in the team. If you're not good enough to play in England, you're not good enough to play for Ireland.
Jason Byrne could have moved to one of the top teams in Sweden, I think. Other English clubs were after him as well I believe. Spare us the bs.

Colbert Report
30/05/2006, 9:33 PM
Swedish league is hardly top of the heap my friend. If any team in England had actually wanted him badly enough, they'd have gotten him. He's a crap player in a crap league and doesn't deserve to put on the Irish shirt. Good thing he won't be playing for us anymore, hurrah for Bobby Robson for coming out and saying it.

thejollyrodger
30/05/2006, 9:37 PM
Robson wouldnt have said that about some 1/2 effort in one of the crappier leagues in England..

He has gone senile and those drugs the hospital are giving him are way to strong. Its time for Stan to ditch him.

DmanDmythDledge
30/05/2006, 9:38 PM
Swedish league is hardly top of the heap my friend. If any team in England had actually wanted him badly enough, they'd have gotten him. He's a crap player in a crap league and doesn't deserve to put on the Irish shirt. Good thing he won't be playing for us anymore, hurrah for Bobby Robson for coming out and saying it.
His record speaks for itself, as does last weeks performance.

Colbert Report
30/05/2006, 9:39 PM
I think it's time for Stan and Bobby to ditch any player playing in the EL. Move to England if you want to play for Ireland. It's that simple.

fergalr
30/05/2006, 9:52 PM
he said he was 1 of two players that wont be ever seen in the ireland squad again.
Where did you get this quote from? It wasn't in the Examiner interview posted earlier.

thejollyrodger
30/05/2006, 10:03 PM
from shels web....

Stan should buy blobby Robson a pair of binos and a hearing aid.

gustavo
30/05/2006, 10:39 PM
If you're not good enough to play in England, you're not good enough to play for Ireland.
Thats just about the most ignorant and myopic things I've ever read on this board. I suppose we should have dropped Robbie Keane when he went to Inter as he had the temerity not to play in England

Colbert Report
30/05/2006, 10:42 PM
Italy is a much higher league than England. If you're not good enough to at least play in England, you're not good enough to play for Ireland.

Robbie Keane only made six appearances for Inter, so it's a bit of a stretch to say we should have left him out of the side during "his time in Italy".

listowelceltic
30/05/2006, 10:43 PM
I think it's time for Stan and Bobby to ditch any player playing in the EL. Move to England if you want to play for Ireland. It's that simple.why dont u do us all a favour and move to england and follow england.your another true irish fan following english teams i suppose

Colbert Report
30/05/2006, 10:44 PM
I am a big Irish football fan, I've never been to an EL match and I doubt very much that I will ever go. Haven't missed an Ireland match in about 16 years now.

eirebhoy
30/05/2006, 11:01 PM
Lads, I wouldn't even reply to vega007. If he has come to this opinion without ever seen an EL match then he's not going to change his opinion. Let him have his rant.

thejollyrodger - If you are going to call Bobby Robson an idiot could you at least post a bloody quote. If you read it on the Shels forum I bet the quote has been twisted 3 or 4 times by now.

Ridiculous thread.