PDA

View Full Version : FAI Cup latest

pineapple stu
30/05/2006, 7:45 PM
Monaghan 1-1 Dublin City. Harte equalising Freeman's opener for DC. Second half about to start, I'd say.

pineapple stu
30/05/2006, 7:47 PM
2-1 City - McGill on 41.

Collins scored the opener, not Freeman.

pineapple stu
30/05/2006, 8:53 PM
Monaghan equalise on 89 - looks like it's going to extra time. Two sent off - one each - on 71 minutes.

Breifne
30/05/2006, 9:00 PM
Monaghan equalise on 89 - looks like it's going to extra time. Two sent off - one each - on 71 minutes.

Daisy Brennan 91 minutes. Come On

Terry
30/05/2006, 9:00 PM
3-2 dublin city
Brennan 91

pineapple stu
30/05/2006, 9:01 PM
91 minutes as in all over or the first minute of extra time?

Edit - into extra time per Aertel.

Breifne
30/05/2006, 9:29 PM
4-2 freeman 117

Roverstillidie
30/05/2006, 11:05 PM
any idea what the crowd was:D

Dodge
30/05/2006, 11:32 PM
any idea what the crowd was:D
Entertained by the sounds of it

Sheridan
31/05/2006, 12:21 AM
Indeed, it's not every day Premier Divison football comes to Monaghan.

Magicme
31/05/2006, 8:35 AM
What an entertaining match for the 300 + people that were there (including Pat Dolan). Mons bravely put it up to the Vikings and never let them feel like they were having it all their own way. We played well and pushed the very physical Dubs to the limit, alas I think our lower level of fitness was our undoing and our lads were just not able to keep up with City in the extra time. Such excitement tho when Leesa scored the equaliser with only minutes to go....god my heart near stopped! Thanks Mons for playing with heart (and without Harte when he got sent off!) was dead proud of you all last nite.

I was speaking to Kiely after the match and I asked him if we had given him a bit of a fright. He said that we had given him more than a bit and that you need a fright everyday to get your heart pumping! Go on City and win the Cup for us small clubs!

Oh and there was a special treat for the Dubs....the cows were back in the field cheering the mons on!

Jerry The Saint
31/05/2006, 9:28 AM
What an entertaining match for the 300 + people that were there (including Pat Dolan). Mons bravely put it up to the Vikings and never let them feel like they were having it all their own way. We played well and pushed the very physical Dubs to the limit, alas I think our lower level of fitness was our undoing and our lads were just not able to keep up with City in the extra time. Such excitement tho when Leesa scored the equaliser with only minutes to go....god my heart near stopped! Thanks Mons for playing with heart (and without Harte when he got sent off!) was dead proud of you all last nite.

I was speaking to Kiely after the match and I asked him if we had given him a bit of a fright. He said that we had given him more than a bit and that you need a fright everyday to get your heart pumping! Go on City and win the Cup for us small clubs!

Oh and there was a special treat for the Dubs....the cows were back in the field cheering the mons on!

If I could put my patronising hat on for a moment :) this, to me, is what the game in this country is all about. As the UCD fans have pointed out, not everyone has the same goals and not everyone needs to take the same path to achieving those goals. There's room for many different levels in senior Irish football - from 25,000 at a cup final to 300 people and 7 cows in Gortakeegan! Shelbourne are the ultimate examples of this: from 24,000 to 1,000 in consecutive home games.

Of course, we need to ensure that clubs are run properly and can provide an adequate standard of facilities. I'm just not as sure as some people that having the same 10 teams playing each other over and over again in front of crowds of 1-3,000 in soulless modern stadiums with 2 to 3 times that many empty seats represents "progress".

Magicme
31/05/2006, 10:16 AM
Not patronising at all Jerry....just realistic. We have a nice little stadium, we have big plans for developing youth football, womens football and our Senior team and the people that go the games enjoy the relaxed fun friendly family athmosphere. Cant see much wrong with that.

Our cows are unique and the Magic Moos add their own charm to the proceedings!

Ash
31/05/2006, 10:21 AM
Our cows are unique and the Magic Moos add their own charm to the proceedings!

The cows were replaced by 2 horses for our last visit :)

Well done Mons for giving them a good run for thier money

Magicme
31/05/2006, 10:31 AM
I did say they were "magic moos" they are able to shapeshift and become horses or sometimes they become magic mushrooms and watch the games from the field with no one suspecting......

Ash
31/05/2006, 10:33 AM
I did say they were "magic moos" they are able to shapeshift and become horses or sometimes they become magic mushrooms and watch the games from the field with no one suspecting......

Masters of disguise :)

Magicme
31/05/2006, 10:51 AM
Masters of disguise :)

Just like the team....they are really a very talented and brilliant footballing squad who have disguised themselves as **** for the fun of it!

wws
31/05/2006, 11:48 AM
Hats off to David McGill

it wont be long before we see this fiery talent lighting up our tv screens!