PDA

View Full Version : Well done!

gael353
28/05/2006, 12:01 PM
Id just like to say well done to everyone involved with the club on a fine performence on Friday night. From the ground staff who did a great job in getting the game played (after 2 weeks of torrential rain),the team and especially the fans who did a brillient job the other night. Well done also to the drogs fans who travelled down hope you enjoyed your trip/stay in Limerick. Its a pity the replay is on Monday as i feel this will curtail any large Limerick following due to work commitments. Best of luck to the team anyway. Just attack lads, you have nothing to lose. And one thing, am i the only one who feels we had calls for what looked like a stonewall penalty?

lim abroad
28/05/2006, 2:50 PM
what was the attendance on fri?

Kerry Blue
28/05/2006, 6:38 PM
And one thing, am i the only one who feels we had calls for what looked like a stonewall penalty?
No. I thought it was a definite penalty. Any keeper who dives in feet first is just asking for trouble. Maybe Alan Kelly could be excused as he was a little bit away from the incident but the assistant on that side was no more than 15 metres away. Once again I think it's a case of assistants lacking bottle to make the brave decision. At least the other one disallowed the Drogs goal for offside. Don't know how close it was.
I'll also second everything else you said, gael, it was a great night for Limerick. What a pity we couldn't get that elusive goal. Still we mixed it with the best in the country and proved that Limerick have come a long way. And while I have often critised NOC, credit must be given to him and all the squad for an excellent display. Now it's time to keep it going for the rest of the season and hopefully those who came to the match on Friday night who don't normally do so, will decide it's now worth the effort to come along and support the Super Blues for the rest of the season.

what was the attendance on fri?
I would say about 1,500. But maybe someone else has a more acurate number.

iceman
28/05/2006, 8:19 PM
Are many of you planning on making the trip to Boynseside on Monday?

Not a huge journey anymore - made it back in 2hrs 40mins on Friday , expect a huge crowd at United Park for the replay.

LFC in Exile
29/05/2006, 8:34 AM
It was definitely a penalty. Both Times and Examiner reports said it should have been given.

Ask yourself would he have given a free if it was outside the box, up the pitch? It does boil down to bottle.

After the incident Connor got some slagging - and I thought he was some tosser bringing a stone he found on teh pitch over to the ref to sugegst it had been thrown at him. But in fairness at the end he did clap the Limerick fans and seemed to take his slagging well. Maybe if we had got the goal it would have been different but all in all he's no Gough. What do you think Lim til i die?

Met a few Drogs fans at half-time. Sound lads. Hope the one that I swapped scarves with wears his Limerick scarf with pride tonight after we knock out the holders. :)

4tothefloor
29/05/2006, 7:16 PM
Maybe Alan Kelly could be excused as he was a little bit away from the incident but the assistant on that side was no more than 15 metres away. Once again I think it's a case of assistants lacking bottle to make the brave decision.
To make matters worse the assistant was Tony Ryan, from Limerick......:rolleyes:

The Drogs fans were great, apart from the few tossers who kept saying 'I hope these c**ts don't come up for next season' because the ground wasn't to their liking. Couldn't stop laughing at the fact they can't pronounce their R's, even when they sing - "We bet the lang-uz two in a woo" :D

C'mon the Lims tonight...

declan hide
30/05/2006, 6:34 PM
just a few non football things...

the press truck. bad decision. deprived a pile of regulars of their usual standing spot. about 5 press in it.

had to go to far side. why cant you stand up against the wall over there when you can on the near side?

HuRya
31/05/2006, 1:07 AM
nice to finally get some recognition from all those Munsterians in the Leader.. couldn't believe my eyes when i saw NOC on the front page.. thought for a minute his butcher's had caused a spread of mad cow disease or something..
Pity our loyal supporter jerome o connell thought that both matches were at home with his Lims 1-0 Drogs score on the back page!!!