PDA

View Full Version : Dublin City 0:0 Monaghan United

Derek
28/05/2006, 12:41 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhh hhhhh!

Monaghan on Tuesday, what a load of cobblers, cant make the replay cause of the youngones confo, although after tonights game I'm not sure I want to see it.

Magicme
29/05/2006, 7:57 AM
I hear we shaded it and should have knocked u out! Lookin forward to Tuesday nite now!

Breifne
29/05/2006, 2:30 PM
I hear we shaded it and should have knocked u out! Lookin forward to Tuesday nite now!

Those must have been fairly monaghan shaded glasses. We completely dominated the game, and we kept breaking down in the final third. Check out the highlights on http://www.dublincityfc.net. That said, Monaghan could easily have snuck a victory in the end. probably better to use "could" instead of "should"

monutdfc
29/05/2006, 2:42 PM
If it was a boxing match Dublin City would have won on points, as one would expect from the premier side at home against the side bottom of the first. However, it was far from "completely dominated".

Magicme
30/05/2006, 12:15 PM
Was just going by what our manager said and also by what the papers said so dont shoot me! Thats why I posted here....wanted to get ur opinions on things.

See you all tonight then???

Breifne
30/05/2006, 12:27 PM
Was just going by what our manager said and also by what the papers said so dont shoot me! Thats why I posted here....wanted to get ur opinions on things.

See you all tonight then???

Have just been talking to the club, think there might be small numbers heading up, gonna be struggling, unfortunately the unpredictability and short notice is making it hard for most people.

Can't go myself, prior committments.

monutdfc
30/05/2006, 12:31 PM
unfortunately the unpredictability and short notice is making it hard for most people.
taken the win on Sat for granted then?? ;) ;)

Magicme
30/05/2006, 12:40 PM
Yeah they must have been coz we had today pencilled in as replay so aint a shock at all to us that we are dragging the Jackeens up the country!

Aw only messing with ya....ur a nice bunch of people and am glad there wont be too many coz then I can watch most of the game and not be stuck behind the bar all nite!

monutdfc
30/05/2006, 2:05 PM
looks like we've won already according to cut-and-paste aside:

Monaghan United manager Mick Cooke welcomes back defender Jim Murphy for Tuesday night’s FAI Carlsberg Cup second round victory over Premier Division side Dublin City at Century Homes Park.

Maynard
30/05/2006, 5:51 PM
:rolleyes: That's seriously funny stuff!! (the mistake, not the concept) Working in the morn, so no way of getting up and back in time...Will have to rely on Aertel...oh wait...:(

Derek
31/05/2006, 10:36 AM
Great, super, deadly.

Last 16 in the cup. just sorry I couldn't go to the game, as I said at the start of the post, the youngone made her confo yesterday and we had a bit of a session, the result was me drunk in the kitchen watching the text on the box banging the drum and singing dublin songs to the complete annoyence of the rest of the partygoers.

Magicme
31/05/2006, 11:18 AM
Great, super, deadly.

Last 16 in the cup. just sorry I couldn't go to the game, as I said at the start of the post, the youngone made her confo yesterday and we had a bit of a session, the result was me drunk in the kitchen watching the text on the box banging the drum and singing dublin songs to the complete annoyence of the rest of the partygoers.

:D

Go win the feckin cup now!