PDA

View Full Version : United out of FAI Cup

Paddyfield
26/05/2006, 10:55 PM
GUFC were knocked out of the FAI Cup on Friday by Athlone Town.

N I G H T M A R E

Conor H
27/05/2006, 8:11 AM
I don't know what to say!:( :mad:
Out of the League Cup
Out of the FAI cup
Out of the league??

In our most defining season ever!:rolleyes:

Patrick Dunne
27/05/2006, 10:17 AM
A very poor game in front of approx 500 people in St Mels last night.

The game was winding down to a 1-1 draw in the second half, thought we had done enough to deserve it. First half perfomance poor.

Misplaced shots, passes and free kicks were the order of the day. Pitch looked to be in bad condition, but perhaps there is more to it than that. Typical Athlone, committed, dogged, hard to beat at St Mels. Foley will be missing for Shamrock Rovers. We really need to get the finger out and win this one.

Tir Oilean
27/05/2006, 10:45 AM
Athlone gave a good account of themselves with there singing everything else was crap, toilets, the curry chips that were thrown at me, the pitch, the stewarding, the ground, the performance. This is a league for dogged teams skill has nothing to do with it and were not dogged anymore.

corbyeire
28/05/2006, 7:49 PM
well well well - what a friday night

guess who im going to start on - murphy
is he taking valium or what - he is asleep - a lad in his twenties not bothered to move around the pitch

how many times was he walking around on the far wing from the main stand and not getting his ar*e into the box

he took his penalty well but he is not giving 100%

and the crosses some good ones went in and how many times was there no one in the box

to be fair athlone dominated that first half and we got lucky to go in 1-1 after them hitting the post 3 times

we should have gone on from that - we had a fair bit of posession but couldnt create a clear chance

as mentioned above athlone wanted it more

we still had a free header in the dying minutes - but wide

didnt think the ref dealt well with the shamozzle - i didnt see foley do anything in particular that ten other players were doing to get sent off

out of the cup - no manager - rovers at home next

hmmmmmm :confused:

Conor H
28/05/2006, 9:43 PM
We will beat Rovers.

corbyeire
29/05/2006, 12:47 PM
I honestly dont think so :(
we have to beat them really before the break but they are consistent where as i really dont know how a lot of these current players are going to react to the athlone/manager scenarios

Trainee
29/05/2006, 1:55 PM
I think we will beat them
rovers are not great Havnt played Limerick yet, drew with us in dublin

If we can play like we did against finn harps (but for for 90 mins this time)we will win