PDA

View Full Version : KOH

el punter
25/05/2006, 5:47 PM
Excuse the ignorance, it's a genuine question....but why do Shamrock Rovers fans sign their posts with KOH?

gustavo
25/05/2006, 5:52 PM
Means Keep on Hooping afaik

el punter
25/05/2006, 6:03 PM
Thanks for the reply Gustavo.

I'm happy for the thread to be locked before a rovers fan rises to the antagonisim above and spare us all the tedious bitchfight. ;)

Réiteoir
25/05/2006, 6:04 PM
Some wag came up with the explanation that it means "Kilcoyne Our Hero" ;)

This can now be locked

John83
25/05/2006, 6:05 PM
I'm happy for the thread to be locked before a rovers fan rises to the antagonisim above and spare us all the tedious bitchfight. ;) It's hard to believe, I know, but I think even Rovers fans are above rising to that. Gustavo's correct, AFAIK.

:cool: Very good.

Patrick Dunne
25/05/2006, 6:08 PM
I always thought it meant "Keep Off Heroin" ?

1 9 2 8
25/05/2006, 6:36 PM
I think that’s another Cork version of it like the "Kilcoyne Our Hero"

Roverstillidie
25/05/2006, 7:45 PM

thats pats. or not keep of heroin as the case may be....

John83
25/05/2006, 7:46 PM
...or not keep of heroin as the case may be...
So, "Keep On Heroin," then. :p

Roverstillidie
25/05/2006, 7:53 PM
So, "Keep On Heroin," then. :p

or for derry fans 'keep on heaving bottles' :D

Raheny Red
25/05/2006, 9:52 PM
Keep On Hoping :D

Ringo
25/05/2006, 10:00 PM

This can now be locked
What ever happened to the Kilkoyne's . Did they go on to be super rich or what? was it worth it?

Dyl10
25/05/2006, 10:28 PM
:D :D

hoopy
26/05/2006, 5:57 AM

Or in Shels case Keep on Haemmoraging

Krstic
26/05/2006, 8:09 AM
or for derry fans 'keep on heaving bottles' :D

Surely that would be "KOHB"???

:rolleyes: Free State education:eek:

DvB
26/05/2006, 9:42 AM
Excuse the ignorance, it's a genuine question....but why do Shamrock Rovers fans sign their posts with KOH?

Keep On Hooping

Koh :D

John83
26/05/2006, 9:44 AM
Surely that would be "KOHB"???

:rolleyes: Free State education
Three question marks? :rolleyes: British education. At least our lot can count without a calculator.

pineapple stu
26/05/2006, 9:51 AM
Now that's pedantic.

Krstic
26/05/2006, 9:55 AM
Three question marks? :rolleyes: British education. At least our lot can count without a calculator.

Sorry old chap.

CCMS education.

Blame the Catholic church:D

WeAreRovers
26/05/2006, 10:30 AM

The Corkies had that on a banner in the shed a couple of years ago. Some of ours got upset but most of us doffed our metaphorical caps.

Keep On Hooping

NY Hoop
26/05/2006, 10:39 AM
Then we had a banner too with cork hibs, cork alberts, cork utd, cork town cork ltd etc etc etc.

Some of them went ape but who cares?:D

KOH

Réiteoir
26/05/2006, 1:55 PM
Then we had a banner too with cork hibs, cork alberts, cork utd, cork town cork ltd etc etc etc.

Some of them went ape but who cares?:D

KOH

Don't forget this one :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/reiteoir/Corky.jpg

Speranza
26/05/2006, 2:05 PM
I am more surprised by Pats having a display than the banner. If the ShedEndInvisibles ever return it will be a masterclass in being bandwagon supporters.

Jerry The Saint
26/05/2006, 2:07 PM
I am more surprised by Pats having a display than the banner. If the ShedEndInvisibles ever return it will be a masterclass in being bandwagon supporters.

Hey, that's clever. You must be very proud.

wws
26/05/2006, 2:21 PM
hehe

invisibles

good play on words!

now whar's me heroin!??!? :p

forza
26/05/2006, 2:32 PM

A Londonderry fan having a go at bandwagon fans :eek:

Krstic
26/05/2006, 2:40 PM
Are you supporting another team now Speranza?

I'm checking to see if there are any sporting clubs or bodies that use Londonderry.

So far every sporting club i can think of in the City that use the name of the City, use Derry.

So forza maybe you're thinking of some American team from Londonderry USA.

Passive
26/05/2006, 3:10 PM
What ever happened to the Kilkoyne's . Did they go on to be super rich or what? was it worth it?

Sold the entire stadium for less that one million pounds, which was an absolute pittance but enough to bail them out of various debts built up with some of their other companies. Had they waited ten years, they could have stuck several zeros on the end of that cheque. Every cloud, and all that...

As for Louis, he went on to become President of the FAI before being, quite literally, hounded out of office over a ticketing scandal in 1994. He is now President of the Irish Olympic Council and Honourary Life President of the FAI.

Not bad for a bloke who attempted to kill off the country's most successful football club.

Hilariously, he says he's still a Rovers fan.

KoH.

wws
26/05/2006, 3:26 PM
As for Louis, he went on to become President of the FAI before being, quite literally, hounded out of office over a ticketing scandal in 1994.

quite literally? Did they "release the hounds" so to speak?

Jaime
26/05/2006, 3:28 PM
Sold the entire stadium for less that one million pounds, which was an absolute pittance but enough to bail them out of various debts built up with some of their other companies. Had they waited ten years, they could have stuck several zeros on the end of that cheque. Every cloud, and all that...

As for Louis, he went on to become President of the FAI before being, quite literally, hounded out of office over a ticketing scandal in 1994. He is now President of the Irish Olympic Council and Honourary Life President of the FAI.

Not bad for a bloke who attempted to kill off the country's most successful football club.

Hilariously, he says he's still a Rovers fan.

KoH.

Some people would say mass to get their names in a book ;)

WeAreRovers
26/05/2006, 3:57 PM
Some people would say mass to get their names in a book ;)

And some people would interview Satan for the sake of a book. ;)

KOH

Passive
26/05/2006, 4:02 PM
quite literally? Did they "release the hounds" so to speak?

Not even so to speak - the FAI put all their wives on leashes and hounded him out of the building. Quite literally. Apparently.

Passive
26/05/2006, 4:04 PM
And some people would interview Satan for the sake of a book. ;)

KOH

Ah now, that's not fair. I know you can be a cranky auld wan at times, but you're hardly Satan.

Dodge
26/05/2006, 4:31 PM
Praise for two Pats banners in the same day. Does this count Mr. Delaney?

Speranza
26/05/2006, 6:11 PM
Are you supporting another team now Speranza?

I'm checking to see if there are any sporting clubs or bodies that use Londonderry.

So far every sporting club i can think of in the City that use the name of the City, use Derry.

So forza maybe you're thinking of some American team from Londonderry USA

Kristic, why do you expect from a pig (pale, west-brit dweller) but a grunt.

Dodge
26/05/2006, 6:14 PM
As for Louis, he went on to become President of the FAI before being, quite literally, hounded out of office over a ticketing scandal in 1994. He is now
You forgot to mention his Cork City involvement

Passive
26/05/2006, 6:24 PM
You forgot to mention his Cork City involvement

Oh yes, Cork City were kind enough to offer this poor, misunderstood man a lifeline back into domestic football. Well done to all.

Speranza
26/05/2006, 6:45 PM
I heard about the Cork link before. How long was the scumbag there and what role did he play? That's an awful stain on the reputation and integrity of CCFC.

Kilcoyne being life president of FAI is the one thing that shows above all else the attitude of disrespect between Merrion Sq and Dometic football clubs.

NY Hoop
29/05/2006, 10:48 AM
I heard about the Cork link before. How long was the scumbag there and what role did he play? That's an awful stain on the reputation and integrity of CCFC.

Kilcoyne being life president of FAI is the one thing that shows above all else the attitude of disrespect between Merrion Sq and Dometic football clubs.

Lucifer handed over £5,000 to a director called plonk for entry back into the league and became their league rep. Circa 1990 as far as I can remember. Disgrace.

KOH

Dodge
29/05/2006, 11:01 AM
Lasted a while. its what got back into the FAI set up...

sullanefc
29/05/2006, 11:11 AM
Lucifer handed over £5,000 to a director called plonk for entry back into the league and became their league rep. Circa 1990 as far as I can remember. Disgrace.

KOH

As the name suggests, he is a plonk. Nearly bankrupted city. Gangster one and all.