PDA

View Full Version : All roads lead to DE TOWN

geezer
25/05/2006, 2:30 PM
jUST passed st mels on train it looks wonderful, all the united fans on the train coming back from the ireland game (5) made everyone else aware on the carriage that it was a pilgrimage to st mels on friday thats the important issue this week .the gust and the mru will be there in force

pd will the mru have "judas" placards on sale? or do we have to make our own

Terry
25/05/2006, 3:01 PM
It will be a cauldron of noise alright in just over 24hrs from now:)

I take it everyone would be happy still with the same starting eleven that started our last match against the Mons? except for the couple of lads (O'Donnell and Keane)that are over in england with the u21 league side.

Gough
Keady...Clery...Frawley...Carter
Cretaro...Reilly...Foley...O'Brien
Murphy...Moran

SUBS:
Goldbey
Gavin
Rojas
Harty
Gruszka.

corbyeire
25/05/2006, 3:03 PM
has gavin recovered then?

Terry
25/05/2006, 3:19 PM
I know he got a knock but didnt think it was that bad?

corbyeire
25/05/2006, 3:36 PM
nah i was just wondering - probably grand

Conor H
25/05/2006, 8:50 PM
Not long now!:D
Really looking forward to it!Love going to Athlone!!
Plenty of noise from everyone tomorrow,lets get behind the team and show Athlone what the TRIBAL ARMY is all about.
Keep the Maroon flag Flying high!:cool:

Trainee
25/05/2006, 9:00 PM
role on tomorrow
A huge galway support will be there
this time tomorrow we will be the next round of the cup:)

2-1 united

come on gufc

thescoringgoals
25/05/2006, 9:39 PM
or 1-1 i think,its hard to get excited about this game really,its in a kip of a ground against a poor side and a few weeks ago when we played them it was 1 of the worst games ive EVER seen in terryland,thats saying alot.but ill still probably go like the sucker that i am,interesting to see if teams will be distracted by the league this year more then most years coz of way positions count for next years superleague,could be a bit easier to get into europe:-)))))),im a sucker for optimism.
i feel a rant coming on here ina few days,im not convinced by lally as a manager,tactics,selections,changes etc,its for another thread though.
i want shligo in the next round of the cup,up in shligo would be nice,last time played them up there in cup was a brilliant night,anyone who was there would agree im sure:) .

Conor H
25/05/2006, 9:58 PM
Definitely agree!:)

Terry
25/05/2006, 10:15 PM
whatever you think of whoever, lets leave it till the end of the season. Changing anything at such a high level, and were not even half way through the season, would be more damaging than good for the club, in this an important season IMO.

As (i think it was) Conor said, lets all get behind united in st.mels and hopefully get a good cup run this year, as its something that can lift players, staff and supporters alike.

COMON UNITED

Terry
26/05/2006, 7:25 AM
United travel to St. Mel's Park with a near full strength squad. David O'Dowd is an injured absentee but Mixie Harty is fit again and David Cooke is also fit after missing United's last match through injury. Ryan O'Donnell and Alan Keane are both unavailable as they are part of the Republic of Ireland squad in the 2006 Four Nations Tournament which is currently taking place in England.
Athlone Town v Galway United
FAI Carlsberg Challenge Cup Second Round
K.O. 7.45pm
St. Mel's Park
Referee : Padraig Sutton

www.galwayunitedfc.ie