PDA

View Full Version : Clare Team of the Season 2005/06

myleftfoot
25/05/2006, 10:28 AM
Any thoughts on team of the season. I havent seen all the games or even all the teams play but from what I have seen I have put together this selection. I found it too difficult to pick players to fit 4-4-2 formation so probably more suited to 3-5-2.

Heath (lifford)
Maxwell (bridge utd)
Rochford (avenue)
Aherne (bridge cel)
O'Malley (newmarket)
Deegan (bridge utd)
Mannering (lifford)
Wall (newtown)
Daly (corofin)
Houlihan (olympic)
O'Connell (bridge cel)

shelbourne1904
25/05/2006, 11:27 AM
What about the Mountshannon sweeper.Really outstanding player.I dont know his name.I have to say your first shot at a team very close to the real thing.How many of these actually played on the Oscar team???

myleftfoot
26/05/2006, 8:38 AM
What about the Mountshannon sweeper.Really outstanding player.I dont know his name.I have to say your first shot at a team very close to the real thing.How many of these actually played on the Oscar team???

Ive seen them once or twice dont remember him Big lad in the middle of the field looked good enough. As for Oscar team Im sure they have all had a run at some stage but I think only 5or 6 were on the starting 11. Heath, Rochford, OMalley, Wall and O'Connell definitely. Some of others may have been subs.
Didnt see Rineanna play this year so didnt include any players. Brian Kelly looked good with the Clare team. Do they have any other players worth a mention.

shelbourne1904
26/05/2006, 1:19 PM
Ive seen them once or twice dont remember him Big lad in the middle of the field looked good enough. As for Oscar team Im sure they have all had a run at some stage but I think only 5or 6 were on the starting 11. Heath, Rochford, OMalley, Wall and O'Connell definitely. Some of others may have been subs.
Didnt see Rineanna play this year so didnt include any players. Brian Kelly looked good with the Clare team. Do they have any other players worth a mention.

This guy is small with longish hair.I only saw Rinneana once and didnt see anything great other than Kelly

the boss
29/05/2006, 8:33 PM
Any thoughts on team of the season. I havent seen all the games or even all the teams play but from what I have seen I have put together this selection. I found it too difficult to pick players to fit 4-4-2 formation so probably more suited to 3-5-2.

Heath (lifford)
Maxwell (bridge utd)
Rochford (avenue)
Aherne (bridge cel)
O'Malley (newmarket)
Deegan (bridge utd)
Mannering (lifford)
Wall (newtown)
Daly (corofin)
Houlihan (olympic)
O'Connell (bridge cel)

Corofin and olympic not even in the premier how could you include players from there. If they were that good they would be playing in premier already.

the 12 th man
30/05/2006, 6:59 AM
Corofin and olympic not even in the premier how could you include players from there. If they were that good they would be playing in premier already.

Since when does a player have to be playing in the Premier division of any league anywhere to be considered in the general "Team of the year"?.The thread is inclusive of all players in the Clare League to make up the best 11.

(When did it ever stop an Irish National Team Manager from picking a player from a lower League?)

Pauliwallnuts
30/05/2006, 12:11 PM
Since when does a player have to be playing in the Premier division of any league anywhere to be considered in the general "Team of the year"?.The thread is inclusive of all players in the Clare League to make up the best 11.

(When did it ever stop an Irish National Team Manager from picking a player from a lower League?)

That's an excellent point. I think you'll find that Olympic have a team easily capable of holding their own in the premier next year as well. Plus Corofin are defending Cup Champions & are in the final again this year which is no mean feat.

the boss
03/06/2006, 11:01 AM
That's an excellent point. I think you'll find that Olympic have a team easily capable of holding their own in the premier next year as well. Plus Corofin are defending Cup Champions & are in the final again this year which is no mean feat.

Corofin must have been missing a few of their superstars for the cup final so cos none of them looked particularly good to me.

Pauliwallnuts
03/06/2006, 4:23 PM
Well they've still won it now for the last 2 years haven't they ??

Its more than Lifford have won in that time!! :rolleyes:

smellyfeet
06/06/2006, 10:08 AM
Well they've still won it now for the last 2 years haven't they ??

Its more than Lifford have won in that time!! :rolleyes:

Well said Pauli.
Reading back tru Clare threads its seems that the BOSS has been shown up big time.:p

OpenGoal
13/06/2006, 10:06 AM
Houlihan is easily the best striker in the Clare league and should be on any CL selection. Now, If he could only get out of bed on time..............

smellyfeet
13/06/2006, 3:39 PM
[QUOTE=OpenGoal]Houlihan is easily the best striker in the Clare league and should be on any CL selection.QUOTE]

I think if you read the first post you will find that Houlihan was named in the team of the year or is it the Oscar Traynor team you are yalking about?? If so then i think that this year he might be in it, Thats if he can get out of bed.

hoops12
13/06/2006, 9:41 PM
lads could anyone tell me how seamus lawlor played with newmarket this year i was sorry to see him leave pike he was playing very well at the time

First
14/06/2006, 9:07 AM
[QUOTE=OpenGoal]Houlihan is easily the best striker in the Clare league and should be on any CL selection.QUOTE]

I think if you read the first post you will find that Houlihan was named in the team of the year or is it the Oscar Traynor team you are yalking about?? If so then i think that this year he might be in it, Thats if he can get out of bed.
Jimmy Houlihan is top class if only he would every now and again do a bit of work.....................Alright Jonathan:D

CousinSylDolan
14/06/2006, 9:26 AM
lads could anyone tell me how seamus lawlor played with newmarket this year i was sorry to see him leave pike he was playing very well at the time

From the games I saw he was doing well and scored a few vital goals to keep Newmarket in the Premier...

shelbourne1904
14/06/2006, 4:42 PM
Houlihan is easily the best striker in the Clare league and should be on any CL selection. Now, If he could only get out of bed on time..............

Would you pick a guy who you cant depend on whether he hill turn up or not???You mean the best striker in the first division?Or do you already know how will will perform next season in the Premier??
With this sort of insight and foresight you should go for manager of the Oscar team.......aah forget it what am I saying ......just do the lotto!!!!

smellyfeet
15/06/2006, 8:12 AM
Would you pick a guy who you cant depend on whether he hill turn up or not???You mean the best striker in the first division?Or do you already know how will will perform next season in the Premier??
With this sort of insight and foresight you should go for manager of the Oscar team.......aah forget it what am I saying ......just do the lotto!!!!

I think the getting up out of bed thing was just a bit of fun:D ..Jimmy has shown he can cope with the premier as he won leagues win Bunratty, but next year he will have to pull his socks up a bit if he is to be up to Oscar Traynor standard.:ball:

Fairkop
15/06/2006, 11:58 AM
I think the getting up out of bed thing was just a bit of fun:D ..Jimmy has shown he can cope with the premier as he won leagues win Bunratty, but next year he will have to pull his socks up a bit if he is to be up to Oscar Traynor standard.:ball:

Lads that`s enough about jimmy houlihan, he`s not that
good is he.:rolleyes:

plasticpitch
21/06/2006, 9:38 PM
w

Heath (lifford)
Maxwell (bridge utd)
Rochford (avenue)
Aherne (bridge cel)
O'Malley (newmarket)
Deegan (bridge utd)
Mannering (lifford)
Wall (newtown)
Daly (corofin)
Houlihan (olympic)
O'Connell (bridge cel)

my un biased selection;)
Heath lifford
Maxwell BU
Hogan Buntty
Cahill M'snn
McNaboe Lif
Lawlor Newkt
Jocks Rinnenna
Wall Ntown
o Meara Ave
Ghilardi Ave
O'Connell BC

sorry about the lack of other divisions but the players i have picked have definetley had excellent seasons and can feel well proud of themselves:ball: