PDA

View Full Version : Bad Weather

Countryripple
22/05/2006, 10:02 AM
Any games going ahead this evening? I know most pitches were off yesterday with the fabulous Irish weather. :rolleyes:

Raheny Red
22/05/2006, 5:34 PM
Well the girlfriend's game is going ahead tonight on the Richmond Road in the Premier A...........well that's where she said she's going :o :eek: :p

Raheny Red
22/05/2006, 9:32 PM
The game went ahead, Stella Maris 4-3 Leixlip.

greenumbro
23/05/2006, 4:14 PM
Raheny travelled all the way to Wexford to play a FAI cup on Sunday, but the matchw as cancelled in the end!!! :mad: Long journey to go for no match!

Countryripple
24/05/2006, 9:57 AM
Jeez thats bad form. I hope there is some way ye can sort that one out. Though, with the way the weather has been, it coulda been fine then just a torential downpour that flooded the pitch before their eyes!!!

greenumbro
26/05/2006, 6:27 PM
Yea... We were told the pitch was playable when checked at 9.30 however the rain made it un-playable by 11.30... This is fair enough however having seen the pitch, it is difficult to see how it was playable at 9.30, no matter what weather proceeded it.... Ah well... 3 outta 3 matches cancelled now...

CollegeTillIDie
26/05/2006, 9:56 PM
Summer soccer me arse folks !

Countryripple
28/05/2006, 12:47 PM
I know yea. And we are now going to be the ones under pressure to get them played as midweek refixtures. Between the various cups and league games and posponments for exams, I think a lot of teams are going to struggle to get them played. What do you think the chances are that we could convince the league to extend the league by a couple of weeks and play all the league games that have so far been canceled then? Wouldn't it seem a more practical solution than trying to get teams to play fit them in during the week when they already have a game? Of my own experience, when games are usually refixed from a Monday, teams find it hard to get players together on another night and sometimes just end up having to give a walkover.

greenumbro
28/05/2006, 5:36 PM
Yea, I have to agree with you here... Especially when the league has started on such a bad note regards the weather.... :(