PDA

View Full Version : No Eircom logo

Croak Park
21/05/2006, 1:40 PM
Help!!

Is it possible to buy the new Ireland home jersey without the Eircom logo on it but with squad numbers on the front under the umbro logo. A true replica jersey. I dont wanna advertise a phone company the rips me off.

Croak Park
21/05/2006, 1:44 PM
It is possible to by the new Ireland home jersey (players addition) without the Eircom Logo on the front :mad: but with squad numbers under the Umbro logo ( a real replica ). If not can some one get me a players shirt please

joema
21/05/2006, 4:25 PM
It is possible to by the new Ireland home jersey (players addition) without the Eircom Logo on the front :mad: but with squad numbers under the Umbro logo ( a real replica ). If not can some one get me a players shirt please

You can buy a full set from the umbro factory - 16 jerseys and a keeper jersey for 900euro!!

I'll get you a players jersey, which players do you want?;)

Armando
21/05/2006, 4:56 PM
You can buy a full set from the umbro factory - 16 jerseys and a keeper jersey for 900euro!!

Seriously? Does that include shorts/socks? Any contact info?
I'd love an Ireland kit without sponsor and I could definetly find another 15 like minded souls who could split the €900.

Even if it's without the shorts/socks it works out as 56.25 a jersey.....still very much worth it to have it without sponsor.

TheJamaicanP.M.
21/05/2006, 5:30 PM
Armando, I'd add my name if you're thinking of ordering 16 jersies.

joema
21/05/2006, 6:03 PM
Seriously? Does that include shorts/socks? Any contact info?
I'd love an Ireland kit without sponsor and I could definetly find another 15 like minded souls who could split the €900.

Even if it's without the shorts/socks it works out as 56.25 a jersey.....still very much worth it to have it without sponsor.

AFAIK it includes socks, shorts and numbers. I sent you a pm

rodoman
21/05/2006, 7:00 PM
If anyone is thinkink of getting the numbers up to get the jerseys you can definitley count me in :)

A face
21/05/2006, 7:14 PM
Help!!

Is it possible to buy the new Ireland home jersey without the Eircom logo on it but with squad numbers on the front under the umbro logo. A true replica jersey. I dont wanna advertise a phone company the rips me off.

Being honest, i dont think so !!

soccerc
21/05/2006, 8:06 PM

No you can't - this topic has been covered many times previously. In effect the terms of the eircom sponsorship contract means no replica shirts can be made, distributed or sold without their logo on it. The only shirts available without it are those used in games by international teams and you cannot buy them from Umbro.

Thunderblaster
22/05/2006, 1:07 AM
Why not keep the logo and have 1907 underneath; the customer service number, if anyone had an issue with Eircom on being ripped off. On the back you would have Customer Complaints and 1907. Could not advertise the company any better!!:D

Ash
22/05/2006, 8:47 AM
Help!!

Short answer : No

Longer answer : No, it's part of the eircom sponsorship (afaik) that all "replicas"
have the orange blob on them. There was talk of getting them direct through
Umbro but when I enquired they said nope.

Peadar
22/05/2006, 9:37 AM
Anyone fancy getting Eddie Hobbs on the case?
We're not getting a fair deal as fans by paying full price for a shirt being sold as a replica when it clearly isn't a replica.
eircom should subsidise the cost of take their manky logo off.
They're a pathetic sponsor anyway and do nothing to promote the game in Ireland.

joema
22/05/2006, 9:46 AM
No you can't - this topic has been covered many times previously. In effect the terms of the eircom sponsorship contract means no replica shirts can be made, distributed or sold without their logo on it. The only shirts available without it are those used in games by international teams and you cannot buy them from Umbro.

My friend rang them about two weeks ago and was told you can get the lot (with no logo) for 900euro. These shirts wouldnt be replicas, they'd be for a team

Ash
22/05/2006, 10:14 AM
Actually, theres another thread on this
http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=36010

soccerc
22/05/2006, 10:25 AM
My friend rang them about two weeks ago and was told you can get the lot (with no logo) for 900euro. These shirts wouldnt be replicas, they'd be for a team

Just to reconfirm and to dash anyones hopes, Umbro cannot will not and do not supply non logoed shirts to anyone other than to the FAI for their international squads. They are contractually obliged to only supply replica shirts to the retail trade with the eircom logo.

Croak Park
22/05/2006, 2:02 PM

Cheers for that response,

Im in the market for a players replica shirt ( Duff or Keane ) if its possible. However it dont see why it should be Impossible !

Ta

John83
22/05/2006, 2:25 PM
...this topic has been covered many times previously...
Not least here (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=36009), by the same guy. Is cross-posting allowed on here?

Croak Park
22/05/2006, 2:38 PM
Not least here (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=36009), by the same guy. Is cross-posting allowed on here?

sorry didnt realise posting ( or cross threading) would awaken knuckle shufflers from their parents basements! Get a grip !

John83
22/05/2006, 2:45 PM
sorry didnt realise posting ( or cross threading) would awaken knuckle shufflers from their parents basements! Get a grip !
It's a simple question, get over yourself.

onenilgameover
22/05/2006, 4:22 PM
Hey...I was offered a jersey (i collect match worn and signed jesery's so I know the real thing etc.) from a guy here in dublin 60euro for a long sleeved jersey with no logo and no number. he sells other official Ireland gear. Im not sure he might work for umbro or something or be part of some international set up. I asked him if he wanted to cut a deal and I would find him 10+ buyers who would snap up a jersey without the logo (i thought of the people on here) anyway he went off and to see what he could do and came back to me with only 1 jersey l/s no logo...and for sixty quid...I've got players jerseys for less thatn that so I said nah..Indeed they arent anywhere in shops ie retail withough smelly logo. I will not wear an Ireland jersey with logo. its disgraceful and embarassing. training gear etc i dont mind.

dahamsta
22/05/2006, 7:44 PM
Croak Park, double-posting isn't allowed on Foot.ie. Please don't do it again.

supasparx
22/05/2006, 9:27 PM
Surely if the shirts were available without the eircom logo to be used as a team strip, then they would also come minus the FAI logo!:confused: