PDA

View Full Version : Steven Reid

drummerboy
19/05/2006, 10:16 AM
Just read on a spurs message board that Blackburn have accepted a bid from Spurs for the player. Find it hard to believe myself.

TheJamaicanP.M.
19/05/2006, 10:26 AM
I wouldn't be surprised. Spurs have considerable muscle in the transfer market these days. Remember, Man United were strongly considering making bids for Jermain Defoe and Paul Robinson in recent seasons, but Spurs rushed in with bids of their own. Personally, I hope Reid doesn't go to Spurs. He might find it difficult with both Carrick and Jenas there already.

joema
19/05/2006, 11:51 AM
Spurs would be a terrible move IMO - they already have plenty of midfielders

drinkfeckarse
19/05/2006, 12:46 PM
How many midfielders do they want!!??

Fergie's Son
22/05/2006, 2:30 AM
Any chance of a citation?

This would be a bad move for Reid. He's a confidence player. Unless Spurs are going to off-load Carrick then this just isn't a good idea.

CraftyToePoke
22/05/2006, 7:48 AM
How many midfielders do they want!!??

i think there were 14 on the books there at one time last season, made Danny Murphy's move there look strange i thought.i hope Reid stays put, he is finally established in his best position at one of the most improved sides in that division, under a manager who looks like he might be the real thing.

NeilMcD
22/05/2006, 9:50 AM
They sold Davis, Mendes and let Routledge and Ziegler go out on loan.

At the moment they have

Davids
Reid

Carrick
Jenas
Tanio

Murphy
Lennon

tetsujin1979
22/05/2006, 10:53 AM
Is Mark Yeates considered a midfielder or a striker there?

jbyrne
22/05/2006, 12:31 PM
Any chance of a citation?

This would be a bad move for Reid. He's a confidence player. Unless Spurs are going to off-load Carrick then this just isn't a good idea.

heard that carrick may be man utd bound

drinkfeckarse
22/05/2006, 1:04 PM
Is Mark Yeates considered a midfielder or a striker there?

A striker....if he's considered at all.

tetsujin1979
22/05/2006, 3:21 PM
A striker....if he's considered at all.
I heard before Jol does rate him highly, and sent him out on loan because he couldn't offer him first team football this season. Mind you he supposedly rated Kelly too....

eirebhoy
22/05/2006, 3:56 PM
Yeates spent this whole season on the left wing so he's probably a bit like McGeady position wise.

Spurs have 4 central midfielders, 1 is 33 and another is Danny Murphy. I could see them going for Reid.

Fergie's Son
22/05/2006, 4:44 PM
Apparently they are going to offload Davids. Still, why leave Blackburn when he is starting to command the team? That much more money?

tetsujin1979
22/05/2006, 4:46 PM
Could be personal too, he's from London and reports said he was reluctant to leave London for Lancashire for that reason

Fergie's Son
22/05/2006, 5:46 PM
Well that adds a little more colour to it then. Reid could, and I say could, be our central midfield lynchpin for the next 5-7 years. It's important that he makes the right decision.

dr_peepee
24/05/2006, 7:02 AM
Jol has said in the npast he rates Mark Yeates and even compared him to Gascgoine.... We'll see next year

Stuttgart88
24/05/2006, 7:08 AM
Lads, all of this because of a post on a Spurs message board? :)

tetsujin1979
07/06/2006, 10:53 AM
Spurs have made an opening bid of 2 million for Reid according to football365. He originally moved to Blackburn for 2.5, but given his form in the second half of the season they'll have to be looking for more than that, right?

geysir
07/06/2006, 11:16 AM
Spurs have made an opening bid of 2 million for Reid according to football365. He originally moved to Blackburn for 2.5, but given his form in the second half of the season they'll have to be looking for more than that, right?
Isn't it still classified as a transfer rumor and the gossip is just that Spurs are preparing an offer.

Fergie's Son
07/06/2006, 3:37 PM
Football365 were clear on the $$ amount. 2 million does seem awfully low though.

geysir
07/06/2006, 4:25 PM
Clarity as in yes that figure was clearly typed in somewhere in the transfer gossip section.

Fergie's Son
07/06/2006, 7:33 PM
Seems a little more specific than they usually get though. I'd imagine Spurs have made enquiries but actual $$ may not have been discussed.

DmanDmythDledge
07/06/2006, 8:23 PM
£2m is a joke of a bid, if it is true. Reid should stay at Blackburn where he will actually play and improve.

irishfan86
07/06/2006, 8:36 PM
£2m is a joke of a bid, if it is true. Reid should stay at Blackburn where he will actually play and improve.

Agreed, Tottenham is not a good place for Reid as I feel if he is brought in it will be more as a depth player.

He is a starter for us and needs to play regularly, be it at Blackburn or somewhere else.

Stuttgart88
08/06/2006, 11:01 AM
He'd be a very good replacement for Petrov at Celtic.

I think it was Paddy Garcia on the Chile thread who was bemoaning the lack of players used to winning things.

PS: it's STEVEN Reid !!

tetsujin1979
08/06/2006, 12:45 PM
According to football365 today, he has told Blackburn he wants to move to Spurs

geysir
08/06/2006, 1:50 PM
But where does Football 365 gets its rumors from? The mention of a "prepared to offer £2m story" was printed in the Sun yesterday. The Mail today printed that Reid has told Hughes he wants to leave.
I don't think it's a great secret that Reid is an unofficial transfer target.
If I had a choice of Petrov or Steven Reid for the same money, I'd go for Petrov.

Fergie's Son
08/06/2006, 3:44 PM
That would be a poor choice. Isn't Reid 5 years younger than Petrov?

drummerboy
09/06/2006, 12:52 AM
But where does Football 365 gets its rumors from? The mention of a "prepared to offer £2m story" was printed in the Sun yesterday. The Mail today printed that Reid has told Hughes he wants to leave.
I don't think it's a great secret that Reid is an unofficial transfer target.
If I had a choice of Petrov or Steven Reid for the same money, I'd go for Petrov.

You are obviously a Celtic supporter. Petrov shines in a crap league. Reid does the same at a far higher level. Fulham are chasing Petrov, Spurs are chasing Reid. Says it all really

eirebhoy
09/06/2006, 11:13 AM
You are obviously a Celtic supporter. Petrov shines in a crap league. Reid does the same at a far higher level. Fulham are chasing Petrov, Spurs are chasing Reid. Says it all really
Petrov has been captain of Bulgaria for years and is only 26. Anyway, it has nothing to do with the topic...

drinkfeckarse
13/06/2006, 10:32 AM
Reid has apparently handed in a transfer request according to eleven-a-side.com. I often wonder if it's the agents putting ideas in players heads. I mean he's just had probably his best ever season, has the UEFA Cup to look forward to after finshing the season in a high position with Blackburn and he then decides he wants to move just because of some whispers.

The grass is not always greener Steven......

Stuttgart88
13/06/2006, 11:00 AM
English press saying this morning that Carrick is almost certain to move to Man United for £15m, so at least there'd be more likelihood of a regular starting place for him.

He and Andy Reid as a central midfield pairing at club level. Wildly optimistic scenario, but it'd answer all our prayers! And with Duff on the left...

DmanDmythDledge
16/06/2006, 8:06 PM
From Aertel:

REID'S FUTURE STILL UNCERTAIN

Tottenham's interest in Blackburn and
Republic of Ireland midfielder Steven
Reid has prompted Rovers manager Mark
Hughes to plan talks with the player in
a bid to clarify his situation.

The big-spending Londoners have had a
£2million bid for the former Millwall
player rejected by Rovers.

Rovers chairman John Williams has
admitted the club have received an
enquiry about Reid but refused to
confirm whether it was from Spurs.

Reid has just one year remaining on his
current contract at Ewood Park but has
so far not committed himself to a four-
year deal on offer from the club.

Stuttgart88
19/06/2006, 11:00 AM
He just signed a new contract until 2010.

shakermaker1982
19/06/2006, 11:26 AM
wish Man Utd came in for him. Fergie better keep clear of Carrick.

drinkfeckarse
19/06/2006, 12:06 PM
He just signed a new contract until 2010.

That's good news IMO. I'd much prefer to see him stay at Blackburn and continue to shine than potentially hit the skids elsewhere, it can only be good for his confidence and therefore for us.

irishfan86
20/06/2006, 4:28 AM
Smart move by Reid, now he'll have the chance to further establish himself.

ken foree
20/06/2006, 1:44 PM
yeahooo very happy about this.

youngirish
21/06/2006, 4:25 PM
English press saying this morning that Carrick is almost certain to move to Man United for £15m, so at least there'd be more likelihood of a regular starting place for him.

He and Andy Reid as a central midfield pairing at club level. Wildly optimistic scenario, but it'd answer all our prayers! And with Duff on the left...
How can Carrick be worth 15 million and Reid was only valued at 2 mill according to reports? Carrick is a very average player (he doesn't score goals, has no pace, not much of a tackler). I'd rather have Reid any day. The value of a few England caps and the rubbish that goes with it never ceases to amaze me.