PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother 7

Red&White Rover
18/05/2006, 10:13 PM
well...anyone watching it??? What do ye think??

anto1208
18/05/2006, 10:19 PM
As usual a big bunch of freaks !! even got a guy with torrettes this time he's like lee evans constanly :mad:

Red&White Rover
18/05/2006, 10:39 PM
As usual a big bunch of freaks !! even got a guy with torrettes this time he's like lee evans constanly :mad:

yeah..with the whistling...i'll still probably watch it though..

dahamsta
18/05/2006, 11:20 PM
With each successive series of Big Brother, the collective IQ of the population drops by a number equal to the series number. Seriously folks, get a life.

A face
19/05/2006, 12:11 AM
It is complete kack ..... why in gods name are we made suffer this shíte ?? :eek: :mad: :(

drinkfeckarse
19/05/2006, 8:13 AM
was too busy playing with my new phone (W810i) :) . I used to watch it but tend to agree with Dahamsta's comments now. They seem to go out of their way to put even bigger fame hungry freaks in there every year.

If there's any "action" I might tune in though...;)

anto1208
19/05/2006, 9:18 AM
I used to be one of those tv snobs who would "never watch that crap" , then ended up while flicking landing on channel 4 & watching most of it anyway so now i just cut to the chase i like it , its car crash tv at its best , its really entertaining when it all kicks off and nearly comes to blows .

I cant understand the people who stay up all night watching the live feed of them asleep etc but the 1 hour hightlights show is allways funny .

i also find it amuzing to be told to go get a life by people who spend the majority of there time on internet chat forums :rolleyes: seems strange very very strange .....

Eire06
19/05/2006, 9:54 AM
Heard today that Pete the fella with torrettes is faking it!?:eek:

Anyone know about this or hear it

drinkfeckarse
19/05/2006, 10:00 AM
i also find it amuzing to be told to go get a life by people who spend the majority of there time on internet chat forums :rolleyes: seems strange very very strange .....

Fair point I suppose, you're not still mad at me because I slagged off Pete Docherty are you Anto ;) :D

anto1208
19/05/2006, 10:13 AM
Fair point I suppose, you're not still mad at me because I slagged off Pete Docherty are you Anto

how could i stay mad at you ha ha :D :D .

i wasnt ever mad i just look for reasons as to why people have these opinions , ill never understand how people that say for example i never watch that crap ( about big brother ) how do they know its crap if they havent watched it ?? .. or pete isnt a good song writer when they have nt sat down and listened to his 3 albums at least a couple of times

drinkfeckarse
19/05/2006, 10:18 AM
or pete isnt a good song writer when they have nt sat down and listened to his 3 albums at least a couple of times

I don't know if I could....I think we'll just agree to disagree on that one bud ha ha;) :D

anto1208
19/05/2006, 10:23 AM
I don't know if I could....I think we'll just agree to disagree on that one bud ha ha;) :D

You should force yourself to at least listen to the libertines second album ive had plenty of mates with the same opinion as yourself but after a few listens to either that or the acoustic stuff they now cant get enough of it !!and there all serious music snobs

you can download loads of free stuff from the babyshambles site as he gives away most of his music ,makes a change in this day and age of moaning pop stars complaining about how downloads will ruin them .

Roadend
19/05/2006, 10:48 AM
how could i stay mad at you ha ha :D :D .
ill never understand how people that say for example i never watch that crap ( about big brother ) how do they know its crap if they havent watched it ??

I'd find watching random people interacting on the street a crap way to spend my free time. Just becuse they are on the telly doesn't make it any less crap.

anto1208
19/05/2006, 10:58 AM
I'd find watching random people interacting on the street a crap way to spend my free time. Just becuse they are on the telly doesn't make it any less crap.

it is crap i just enjoy it , plus if you have watched it and think its crap then thats an opinion .how do the people that have "never nor ever will watch it " because its crap ,come to that opinion .

it like a coversation like this
chocolate is horrible
have you ever eaten it ?
No ! its horrible !!!

also boh's the main difference between BB and eastenders Dot cotton does nt get her tits out:D !! plus being scripted is a major difference .

PaulB
19/05/2006, 12:04 PM
eastenders Dot cotton does nt get her tits out:D .

Good jesus, your a sick man for even thinking of it!

dcfcsteve
19/05/2006, 4:25 PM

Internet chat forums are just a modern-day, electronic, anonymous version of chats/debates in the local pub. Without the booze or the age limit.

Meanwhile, Big Brother is a colection of fame-obsessed freaks desperate to be the next Z-list mayflys of celebritydom, who's shockingly fleeting skirt with fame is actualised purely and solely by those bored idiots who watch them. The sole purpose of the show is to get people to watch it - by any means possible. Unlike other TV shows, there is no art, genuis, inherent comedty etc behind it - it is thoroughly contrived. If nobody watched Big Brother it would instantly become completely and utterly pointless and irrelevant. If nobody watched 'The Office' or 'Fawlty Towers' they would still be landmarks in comedy history, as they have intrinsic value.

The concept of Big Brother is dying on it's feet - but because CH4 make so much bloody money from it they are determined to keep it on life-support for as long as they can.

There was a funny section on the Colin and Edith show on BBC Radio 1 yesterday where they were coming up with challenges the new housemates should be set. Things like :

- Russian roulette with only one blank.
- Gas testing with a box of matches.
- Crawling up their own arses.
- Dynamite testing.

pineapple stu
19/05/2006, 4:40 PM
I'll never understand how people that say for example "I never watch that crap" (about big brother) - how do they know it's crap if they haven't watched it??
Who said "It's crap but I have never watched it"? Most people - myself included - who hold the view that it's low-life rubbish of the worst kind (at least until its replacement comes along...) have at least come across it on the telly and/or will have talked about the concept (like now). I don't think you can legitimise it by trying to imply that everyone who hates it does so ignorantly.

Alas, such is the state of society today that there are enough idiots out there who will watch it continually and enable it to bring in the ratings it needs to be profitable and merit a further series.

Drumcondra Red
19/05/2006, 4:55 PM
I watch it and get slagged for it, but I hate the way people knock it all the time "why do we have to suffer this" etc etc, if you don't watch it fine, but I think Star Trek is utter shíte but don't go throwing that in people's faces!!!

DmanDmythDledge
19/05/2006, 6:51 PM
I watch it every year and it's highly addictive. It's not that good of a programme but I still find it interesting. Still don't know why they show them sleeping at night.

pineapple stu
19/05/2006, 7:19 PM
And that's why your chess rating is down 58 points while mine's up 35! ;)

The Stars
20/05/2006, 5:37 PM
agree with everyone.....Its a great show.

Plastic Paddy
20/05/2006, 5:51 PM
A friend of mine, Ray Shah, finished runner-up three years ago to Cameron the Orkney fisherman. I met all the house members from that year afterwards - some of them several times - and found all but one of them all a likeable enough bunch. I contrast that with the line-ups for last year's and this year's programmes, both of which seem to be predicated on conflict between the house members. I'm not sure that's a good thing nor am I convinced that it makes better television. That said, I'll be sure to watch the highlights shows when they're on. My first degree was a minor in psychology and it still shows. :o :D

:ball: PP

Green Tribe
23/05/2006, 5:37 PM
Would not watch it if you paid me! :mad: Biggest load of sh!te ever!
Watched it for 5 mins last year or the year before because my brother's girlfriend wanted to see it :rolleyes: and it made my blood boil, they were all screaming like children at the drop of a hat, seriously, very annoying and indeed they should all be armed with machetes! :D

Pauro 76
23/05/2006, 5:44 PM
Caught a bit of it last night, from what ive seen of it.. Shabaz belongs in an asylum, Lisa is a wailing banshee, they really have gone overboard on the freaks...

LeixlipRed
23/05/2006, 6:02 PM
until they make a real version of the Running man dont expect me to turn in and watch this reality crap. and the reason they show it all night is because they have nothing else to show. 12 hours of Big Brother is a million times cheaper than 12 hours of syndicated US TV

dahamsta
23/05/2006, 8:00 PM
agree with everyone.....Its a great show.To anyone that posted in this manner, assuming they were serious: Why? Please define the redeeming qualities in your opinion, so we can understand. Obviously this question applies to everyone else that like the show. If you post a serious answer, I won't flame you, or let you be flamed.

DmanDmythDledge
23/05/2006, 8:05 PM
I havent' watched it this year but in other years a number of the contestants were hilarious and the show wasn't as old as it was now so tasks etc were interesting. I think they are running out of ideas for the show now.

anto1208
23/05/2006, 10:09 PM
To anyone that posted in this manner, assuming they were serious: Why? Please define the redeeming qualities in your opinion, so we can understand. Obviously this question applies to everyone else that like the show. If you post a serious answer, I won't flame you, or let you be flamed.

I cant think of any redeeming qualities, a show like this serves absolutly no purpose other than to satisfy the shameless voyeristic needs of people , in the same way soaps do or radio shows in the format adobted by Ray Darcy Jerry Ryan Joe Duffy etc.. people are nosey they want to know what other people are up to hence gossip and chat forums .These things wouldnt exist if people didnt want them .

Drumcondra Red
24/05/2006, 9:56 AM
To anyone that posted in this manner, assuming they were serious: Why? Please define the redeeming qualities in your opinion, so we can understand. Obviously this question applies to everyone else that like the show. If you post a serious answer, I won't flame you, or let you be flamed.

Its intreeguing (sp?) and interesting to see how people change and adopt to the situation over time, I didn't realise that "its shyte" is a good enough reason, some people like it, that not good enough??? :o

Rory H
24/05/2006, 2:19 PM

someone hid orange juice crisps and sweets in a box while talking to himself...the next day he threatened to kill himself...then he left

how is that not entertaining??

lofty9
24/05/2006, 3:35 PM
I have watched it and I hate it with a passion but still have a need to watch it now and again :confused: . The thought of it being on to August is really annoying as I know it will be on my TV every night until then. This year with the world cup on in June there will be war over the remote at home.

dcfcsteve
24/05/2006, 10:26 PM
someone hid orange juice crisps and sweets in a box while talking to himself...the next day he threatened to kill himself...then he left

That's not entertaining - that's just wrong.

If someone enagged in that sort of weird behaviour on a bus or train, they'd instantly clear a 10ft radius around themselves, and everyone else would be straining to avoid eye contact with them. Put it on TV, though, and everyone si straining to watch it. Tragic.

Celebrity really is eating itself when 10 or 12 losers can be picked off the street and made into instant celebs purely by having a TV camera pointed in their direction whilst they brush their teeth and chat tedious nonesense to other randoms also plucked off the street.

The only positive in all of this is that there will inevitably be a backlash to this nonsense. By God, it can't some soon enough.....

drinkfeckarse
25/05/2006, 7:50 AM

Probably the wrong choice of word used, it's maybe compelling but you can't call it entertaining to watch someone who is probably unstable become even more unstable on National TV.

I haven't watched it at all but find myself unable to escape it because I read the tabloids and yer mans feckin picture is all over them...

Plastic Paddy
25/05/2006, 8:19 AM
I haven't watched it at all but find myself unable to escape it because I read the tabloids and yer mans feckin picture is all over them...

Serves you right then. Buy a proper newspaper instead. :p

drinkfeckarse
25/05/2006, 8:24 AM
Serves you right then. Buy a proper newspaper instead. :p

I was wondering how long it would take.......snob:p

Plastic Paddy
25/05/2006, 9:03 AM
snob:p

:D

Not a snob, I'm afraid. I just like to find news in my newspaper, that's all...

drinkfeckarse
25/05/2006, 10:12 AM
:D

Not a snob, I'm afraid.

Is that you apologising for NOT being a snob ;) .....so you're a wannabe snob!?:D

anto1208
25/05/2006, 12:23 PM
That's not entertaining - that's just wrong.

If someone enagged in that sort of weird behaviour on a bus or train, they'd instantly clear a 10ft radius around themselves, and everyone else would be straining to avoid eye contact with them. Put it on TV, though, and everyone si straining to watch it. Tragic.

Celebrity really is eating itself when 10 or 12 losers can be picked off the street and made into instant celebs purely by having a TV camera pointed in their direction whilst they brush their teeth and chat tedious nonesense to other randoms also plucked off the street.

The only positive in all of this is that there will inevitably be a backlash to this nonsense. By God, it can't some soon enough.....

what thats shocking any time you see some one going mental there are loads of people watching , ever see 2 people fighting in the street a big crowd comes to watch , if you have a mental shouting the odds on a street corner people will stop and have a look .

its not as good now since shabaz left as he was hillarious tv to say he was having a break down is nonsence , just because some one act differently doesnt mean he is mentally ill , he was just a **** .

anto1208
25/05/2006, 2:30 PM
Dawn is gone now ,comunicating with the outside world !!!! 2 down 12 to go

Rory H
25/05/2006, 5:04 PM
cool.....bring in the kit kat people:p

Drumcondra Red
29/05/2006, 12:13 PM
Have you heard about the golden tickets being sold on e-bay??? £3,500!!!

DmanDmythDledge
29/05/2006, 12:37 PM
Have you heard about the golden tickets being sold on e-bay??? £3,500!!!
I think 100 of those are given out and only one will get chosen!

anto1208
29/05/2006, 12:38 PM
something like that 1 or 2 depending on how many walkout

DmanDmythDledge
29/05/2006, 12:39 PM
I haven't began to watch it this year and don't know if I will. Is it as good and what are the contestants like?

Drumcondra Red
29/05/2006, 1:34 PM
Ah its great! Haven't seen much of it though...

anto1208
29/05/2006, 1:37 PM
best one yet everything you expect in week 8 happened in week one !!!!

big p from owc
29/05/2006, 7:14 PM
New housemate's entering the house tonight apparently, on the live show at 21.00. :)

anto1208
29/05/2006, 10:07 PM
New housemate's entering the house tonight apparently, on the live show at 21.00. :)

A the *******s have put in two hot "girls":p except there is a twist one girl Sam is actually Samuel some one is going to get more than he bargins for if he drops the hand :D

The Stars
30/05/2006, 9:48 PM
George left tonight so they will either call off the next eviction or bring in another housemate..