PDA

View Full Version : Fridays Games

Gareth
18/05/2006, 8:01 PM
Drogheda Utd -v- Waterford Utd 7.45 United Park

Shelbourne -v- Bohemians 8.00 Tolka Park

Two good games tomorrow. Drogheda winning would see them overtake Cork and take back first place. Shelbourne need a win to stop a big early season gap opening up.

Latest News from Drogs: http://www.droghedaunited.ie/scripts/Preview.asp?FixtureID=455

Latest News from Shels:
http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=352

There are no match previews up on the other sites yet. Shelbourne website will feature online updates for the game as well as live online commentary from the game with Declan Drake and Greg O'Halloran. Hopefully if anyone is round the city or Drogheda they will pop in and catch the games!!!

BohDiddley
18/05/2006, 9:37 PM
I'll drop in all right! :p

Risteard
19/05/2006, 12:50 AM
Wouldn't be panicing yet if i was a Shels fan even if they don't win tomorrow night.
Very early days.
Wouldn't expect anything other than a Drogs win in a million years though.
Waterford are awful.
Should be a chance for Drogs to score some goals.

BohsFans
19/05/2006, 2:24 AM
Drogheda Utd -v- Waterford Utd 7.45 United Park

Shelbourne -v- Bohemians 8.00 Tolka Park

Two good games tomorrow. Drogheda winning would see them overtake Cork and take back first place. Shelbourne need a win to stop a big early season gap opening up.

Latest News from Drogs: http://www.droghedaunited.ie/scripts/Preview.asp?FixtureID=455

Latest News from Shels:
http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=352

There are no match previews up on the other sites yet. Shelbourne website will feature online updates for the game as well as live online commentary from the game with Declan Drake and Greg O'Halloran. Hopefully if anyone is round the city or Drogheda they will pop in and catch the games!!!

Are the Gardaí (under Ollie instruction) gonna be carrying out the ridiculous searches on man, woman and child going in the away end as they did last year?

Is Ollie gonna try and make us pay €30 in? :D

We are severely depleted for this game. Ward, Joxer, McGuinness, Grant and Farrelly all missing.

BohDiddley
19/05/2006, 7:29 AM
Agreed it was OTT last year.
Not pleasant, and not a good advertisement for the game.

Roo69
19/05/2006, 10:10 AM
If Shels play like they did against Drogheda they will have no problems beating Bohs. For a LARGE period of our game against them they did'nt leave there own half, then we absolutey gifted them 2 goals. I don't think Shels will be a helpful as us. Drogheda should steamroll Waterford but they don't like scoring many goals so maybe another low scoring affair ?

Celdrog
19/05/2006, 11:53 AM
Drogheda should steamroll Waterford ?

This will be easily our biggest win of the league season. We will probably go mad and score at least twice. :)

Conor H
19/05/2006, 11:58 AM
1st v 3rd in the 1st Division aswell tonight down in Rathbane.

Limerick v Galway UTD.
Come on UTD!!!:)

Dodge
19/05/2006, 12:34 PM
Limerick v galway called off?

Red&White
19/05/2006, 2:34 PM
Wouldn't be panicing yet if i was a Shels fan even if they don't win tomorrow night.
Very early days.
Wouldn't expect anything other than a Drogs win in a million years though.
Waterford are awful.
Should be a chance for Drogs to score some goals.
I know people always say that these are the sort of games that you have to win if you want to win the league, and it's true in the Premiership for one, but I have no doubt that the league title will be decided on the matches the top 4 play against each other. You can throw away points now and again in the other games, but the champions will be the team that wins the mini-league between Cork, Shels, Derry, or Drogheda. (No offence to St. Pats, glad to see them where they are, but can't see them lasting the pace.)

Oh yeah, and for what it's worth, I fancy a 1-0 victory for Bohs tonight. Just have a feeling about it....

Conor H
19/05/2006, 3:12 PM
Limerick v galway called off?
:rolleyes:
Ya!!....Limerick's pitch is a joke like!!!......Middle of may(summer) and the match is called off due to a waterlogged pitch.:mad:

Speranza
19/05/2006, 4:24 PM
Our match against Cork is tomorrow and Georgie boy had some interesting things to say in todays Derry Journal. Said teams like UCD and Bray play ultra defensive with 2 banks of 4 against Cork to salvage a point and said it was good get one over Shelbourne, Pat Fenlon and Ollie Byrne.

He showed great respect for City as he has always done and I have to say it's easy to hate the man but I can understand why Cork fans admire him. Who wouldn't like a player belittling your fiercest rivals? He is a cheat but his comments make the league more interesting in general.

micls
19/05/2006, 4:28 PM
Ya!!....Limerick's pitch is a joke like!!!......Middle of may(summer) and the match is called off due to a waterlogged pitch.:mad:

to be fair there was an unreal storm here in limerick last night...thunder, lightning, and has been raining non stop. No pitch would withstand it

Anto McC
19/05/2006, 4:46 PM
He showed great respect for City as he has always done and I have to say it's easy to hate the man but I can understand why Cork fans admire him. Who wouldn't like a player belittling your fiercest rivals?

To be honest i've said this before,i havent a problem with him the way other Shels fans do but when he is diving all over the place and the likes it really annoys the hell out of me,be it against Shels or any other team!!

micls
19/05/2006, 6:58 PM
To be honest i've said this before,i havent a problem with him the way other Shels fans do but when he is diving all over the place and the likes it really annoys the hell out of me,be it against Shels or any other team!!

I know George has a reputation for diving and in no way am i disputing this this is just a honest question.....did George dive at all in the shels game?? I didnt see him but maybe missed one.

Following on from that whats the last game people specifically diving in? I dont mean going down easy if he's actually been fouled but blatently diving and cheating? The last time i remember was in the Setanta but again could have missed some.

Just wondering lads cos at this stage i honestly think if George didnt dive between now and the end of the season people would still be calling him a diver then.

pineapple stu
19/05/2006, 7:20 PM
Back on topic...

Drogs 2-0 Waterford
Shels 1-0 Bohs
Mons 1-0 Kilkenny

DmanDmythDledge
19/05/2006, 7:30 PM
Mons 1-1 Kilkenny

DmanDmythDledge
19/05/2006, 7:32 PM
Knew with Fabio back that the Drogs would start scoring. Hope the score stays the same!

pineapple stu
19/05/2006, 7:48 PM
Jason Byrne misses from the spot. Barry Ferguson booked for Bohs.

Shels' goal was a keeper error from O'Brien. RTÉ commentators aren't sure whether to give it to O'Neill or Byrne.

micls
19/05/2006, 7:57 PM
Drogs scored 2.......theyl be celebrating for weeks :)

gael353
19/05/2006, 8:00 PM

Yea and the sun was splitting the rocks in Galway :rolleyes:

to be fair there was an unreal storm here in limerick last night...thunder, lightning, and has been raining non stop. No pitch would withstand it
Thank you micls.

DmanDmythDledge
19/05/2006, 8:40 PM
Drogs win 4-0. O'Brien hat trick+ Fitzpatrick.
Shels 2-0 up and Kilkenny 3-1 up.

DmanDmythDledge
19/05/2006, 9:01 PM
All results now.

sonofstan
19/05/2006, 9:56 PM
I have irresistable mental image of Doolin losing the head completely with his team for having the temerity to score 4 - did they not know to defend the 1-0?

iceman
19/05/2006, 10:51 PM
Only one team in it at United Park tonight - Fabio should have had his hat-trick within the first 30 mins. Drogs superior fitness showed in the 2nd half and they were all over Waterford. Good result and I backed it at 16/1 :D

SPXcyan
19/05/2006, 10:54 PM
yep! another super reason to be a blue :)

Celdrog
20/05/2006, 7:55 AM
I have irresistable mental image of Doolin losing the head completely with his team for having the temerity to score 4 - did they not know to defend the 1-0?

:D
It was all Shane Barret's fault - he made the second goal

bluemovie
20/05/2006, 11:38 AM
I think you'll find our full back Pat "Let me just gather my thoughts before I deal with the ball" Flynn created the second goal.

Risteard
20/05/2006, 12:01 PM
yep! another super reason to be a blue :)
:D
One can only admire the perseverance of frequenting the RSC this year.
Fair play.
Anything at all in the talk of Mr.McGeough being lured back or is that a fans campaign?

BohDiddley
20/05/2006, 12:35 PM
Result aside, could someone of the Shels persuasion enter a reasoned defence of Alan Reynolds actions last night, which I understand culminated in a broken jaw for Aidan Collins, one of the LoI's most promising young players?
I don't understand how a club that aspires to play football can have this man in its squad.

Roverstillidie
20/05/2006, 1:48 PM
Agreed it was OTT last year.
Not pleasant, and not a good advertisement for the game.

yet you have no problem with us being searched TWICE going into the connaught and having armed gardai in with us?:confused:

taste.own.medicine.

BohDiddley
20/05/2006, 3:06 PM
In the interests of not having this degenerate into one of those idiotic Bohs/Shams ding-dongs (which seem to be your reason for living), I won't dignify that with an answer.

Roverstillidie
20/05/2006, 5:08 PM
In the interests of not having this degenerate into one of those idiotic Bohs/Shams ding-dongs (which seem to be your reason for living), I won't dignify that with an answer.

thats grand. reinforces the image that hypocricy reigns when it comes to dealing with hooliganism etc in d7.