PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck to Athenry

gufct
18/05/2006, 11:15 AM
on Saturday night in the FAI Junior Cup final. Expecting a big crowd and all the united flags will be there to show the clubs support for one of the most progreesive clubs in the country.

Conor H
18/05/2006, 12:32 PM
A bit off topic....sorry completely off topic but is anyone considering heading to Castlebar Sunday week for the cup match v Rovers.Half thinking of going myself,with Barry maybe but buses do go from the square up to Castlebar.
Anyone interested?:confused:

Good luck to Athenry.

corbyeire
18/05/2006, 4:11 PM
They're expecting a big crowd alright - good luck to them

galwaygirl
18/05/2006, 4:35 PM
ya, best of luck to Athenry on Saturday, especially our two ex-players, Johnny Mernagh and Ollie Keogh. I'll definitely be there cheering them on...

Terry
18/05/2006, 4:52 PM
ya, best of luck to Athenry on Saturday, especially our two ex-players, Johnny Mernagh and Ollie Keogh. I'll definitely be there cheering them on...
Was Adrian Cronin on our books at some stage also?

Patrick Dunne
18/05/2006, 5:35 PM
Yes, but then he ate the books.

JC_GUFC
19/05/2006, 8:25 AM
I remember Adrian Cronin nearly scoring for us against Cobh - there was a gale blowing and he booted the ball downfield - the Cobh keeper had to make a diving save to tip it around the post! :D

Best of luck to the lads - pity they lost out on the chance to play Shels in the cup!

GalwayFrancis
19/05/2006, 8:40 AM
I'd like to wish them the best of luck. Everyone should have a look at: http://www.athenryfc.com/ - Athenry FC's Official website, give them some new hits.

Athenryboy
25/05/2006, 2:34 PM
thanks for all the support guys,

gutted after saturday but really appreciate all the support everyone gave us.

Well done to Waterford , I hope another galway side or ourselves can do it again next year and go one better, its all good for galway soccer.