PDA

View Full Version : Juan Rojas

Bono_Keane
17/05/2006, 9:35 PM
Can anyone give me information about Juan Rojas? I know He is Spanish like me, but how he became a GUFC player, etc... :confused:

Paddyfield
17/05/2006, 9:42 PM
Can anyone give me information about Juan Rojas? I know He is Spanish like me, but how he became a GUFC player, etc... :confused:

He played for a local junior Club. There are probably hundreds of Spanish people living in Galway - I guess they come here when they get sick of the dark haired sallow skined Spanish women in preference for the red haired freckled women of Galway :rolleyes: - and Galway United signed him. He is a very fast player and I personally would like to see him get more games.

PS Bono_Keane, have you ever been to Terryland Park?

Terry
17/05/2006, 10:21 PM
I could be wrong but I believe he came here to learn english in one of the colleges, he joined Galway Hibernians FC where he had an excellent playing career and was then snapped up by GUFC. He's now happily settled with a beautiful girlfriend and enjoying his football even if it is less than he would like but can't complain as the team is very strong this year.

P.S. sorry to see Cadiz go straight back down, best of luck in regaining promotion again next year.

Bono_Keane
17/05/2006, 10:32 PM
No Paddyfield, I´ve never been in Ireland...I wish I can travel one day... However, I am a Spanish Tribesmen for some reason, I don´t Know why, since 1999...two years later, with Internet era, I was introduced in Galway United´s life by Sandro, an Italian fan...another United´s Latin fan..I was amazed...
Two years ago I wrote an article about how I became a GUFC fan in a magazine called "The Trible Bible", I have a decent collection of Eircom League club items and Even I have a site dedicated to the Tribesmen: http://pobladores.lycos.es/channels/deportes/galway_united/area/2

But it´s all in Spanish because my English is not enough good to have a serious site in English :mad: ... If you visit it, you will see that I use all information and pics which I find but for personal use because I don´t think Irish United fans will visit my site to read news in Spanish !! It´s a hobby!
I asked about Rojas profile because despite I though He didn´t play profesionally here in Spain, I was interested to Know if he had played in any teams here...but maybe he was in love by an Irish girl as you say :D
Thank you very much for your information, and feel free to talk me about our team everytime that you want :)

Bono_Keane
17/05/2006, 10:38 PM
Thanks for your comments Terry, I hope Cádiz will be back to Primera Division again next year and not wait another 12 years to promotion again !! :mad:
Galway is not very good despite big win against Mons, because before that game they had a lot of problems with goal and Mons are bottom of the table and they lost 4-1 in Ballybofey yesterday...
How many teams promotion to Premier this year? Just the champions and the second play a play off ? I hope I am wrong because Rovers and Lims are far yet despite the league has just started !
As you see, I follow the league by Internet, but it´s harder than to watch games live ! I wish I were there and have a pint in Kate´s Bar after a winning game :D

Conor H
17/05/2006, 10:41 PM
Fibber Magees now Bono.;)

Also nobody knows who gets promoted this year in truth.

Bono_Keane
17/05/2006, 10:47 PM
Yes Conor, the promotion/relegation rules usually changes in Ireland... but I have read that this year is really different and it will be a very rare system to promotion ... just one division next year? It´s all very confused and nobody knows...

Mr A
18/05/2006, 12:16 AM
It´s all very confused and nobody knows...

That about sums it up! Next year's divisions will be filled according to football ranking- the top 2 teams in the first ranking higher than the bottom 2 in the premier and also other considerations like how nice your ground is, what the weather's like when the FAI guys visit and a random number generated by a supercomputer in Merrion square. Nobody knows what size the divisions are going to be, or what the exact criteria are because the FAI haven't told anyone. So theoretically you could finish bottom of the first and be in the premier next year, or win the league and get relegated.

corbyeire
18/05/2006, 10:11 AM
well i dont think we are going to win the league at this stage maybe not even come second - so ill be holding out big time on the merrion square random number generator!!!!

MSRNG! MSRNG! MSRNG!

only joking - beat limerick next night and its opened up again