PDA

View Full Version : Closing of Roy Keane Thread

NeilMcD
17/05/2006, 4:53 PM
I understand that Roy keane and Saipan has been done to death on this board and that most threads which contain his name or this subject get ruined by personal abuse and over the top comments but I was just wondering why the Roy Kean thread was closed. It seemed to me that the majority of the contributors were enjoying a reasonable debate on the issues and it had not gotten to the point where I think it needed to be closed. However it is not a major issue I was just wondering.

dahamsta
17/05/2006, 5:49 PM
The OP asked a question, the question was answered.

Threads on Keane won't be allowed to stray off-topic, because a huge majority of them inevitably drift towards flame wars.

A face
17/05/2006, 11:30 PM
it had not gotten to the point where I think it needed to be closed.

I'd imagine there was a bit of cleaning up first, and as said it always ends up in something far away from where it started no matter how good the debate is.

nedder
18/05/2006, 12:09 PM
The OP asked a question, the question was answered.

Threads on Keane won't be allowed to stray off-topic, because a huge majority of them inevitably drift towards flame wars.

If I set up a thread called Keane and Iran 2nd leg, will this be allowed stay open as long as it doesn't stray off topic?

John83
18/05/2006, 12:26 PM
If I set up a thread called Keane and Iran 2nd leg, will this be allowed stay open as long as it doesn't stray off topic?
Good luck with that! I'd be surprised if you get a page without something worthy of closing the thread.

A face
18/05/2006, 1:30 PM
Good luck with that! I'd be surprised if you get a page without something worthy of closing the thread.

Agreed .... its sad but true !!

nedder
18/05/2006, 2:49 PM
I know, its very seldom there is a paragraph written about keane that doesn't contain the dreared S word, oh yeah and that Mcarthy is nothin but a B*ll*x!!!!

max power
18/05/2006, 3:49 PM
yeah will said, mccarthy was a rubbish manager and not worthy of the great one in his ranks;) :D

dahamsta
18/05/2006, 4:34 PM
@12th: Yes. Although I'd be surprised if it really was the first.