PDA

View Full Version : Mons 21 - 0 Albion Rovers

Magicme
15/05/2006, 9:45 PM
Monaghan United set out their stall in their first competitive match against Albion Rovers tonite by winning comprehensively.

Well done ladies!
(happy now?)

rasper
15/05/2006, 10:15 PM
Monaghan United set out their stall in their first competitive match by trouncing Navan's Albion Rovers tonite 21 - 0!

Well done ladies!

lets hope both teams learned a lot from that game!!!!!!!!

Magicme
15/05/2006, 11:23 PM
Roll on Sunday when we meet Walkinstown in the Cup!

CollegeTillIDie
16/05/2006, 7:34 AM
Roll on Sunday when we meet Walkinstown in the Cup!

Magic Me

Without wishing to put a dampener on your success, next Sunday could prove to be a reality check. Walkinstown are a very experienced team.
Albion Rovers are a new club.

ColinR
16/05/2006, 9:23 AM
Monaghan United set out their stall in their first competitive match by trouncing Navan's Albion Rovers tonite 21 - 0!

Well done ladies!

bit disappointed that you would publicise this. having formerly being involved with albion rovers i know the club have been trying for years to get a ladies team, if they struggle and the start and you get people idiotically boasting about scorelines, it will probably drive girls away from the sport.

it was also club policy, whenever our schoolboy our junior teams won by a very large amount just to give a simple 2-0 scoreline to a paper, so as not to rub it in on the other team.

monutdfc
16/05/2006, 9:38 AM
I have to agree with Colin R on this magicmo. Likewise, when I do website reports I will generally use a term like 'comprehensive win' rather than give the actual scoreline. Suggest you edit your post and we all forget about it.

Countryripple
16/05/2006, 10:40 AM
I concur. :D

Magicme
16/05/2006, 1:09 PM
Sorry Colin didnt mean to offend. It was a big deal for our girls to win their first ever league match and they have only been together since October. I understand your view point but if the boot was on the other foot am sure Albion would be crowing.

I realise Walkinstown will be a big game next week thats why we are looking forward to it. It gives the girls a chance to see where they really are at. They didnt ask to be put into the lower end of the league but as its their first season they had no choice. Its unfortunate that they did win so "comprehensively" last nite coz it may give them a false sense of their own worth but I dont see anything wrong in the way I put it. The result was actually 22-0 btw.

Anytime we got well beaten we had no problem in saying the scoreline...its reality not fiction.

Mods change the heading if you like, hate to see people upset.

wws
16/05/2006, 2:41 PM
22-0

great win

I fully support womens rugby!

Magicme
16/05/2006, 2:49 PM
ha ha

CollegeTillIDie
16/05/2006, 7:45 PM
bit disappointed that you would publicise this. having formerly being involved with albion rovers i know the club have been trying for years to get a ladies team, if they struggle and the start and you get people idiotically boasting about scorelines, it will probably drive girls away from the sport.

it was also club policy, whenever our schoolboy our junior teams won by a very large amount just to give a simple 2-0 scoreline to a paper, so as not to rub it in on the other team.

Well I empathize with you Colin R. My own club has been beaten 14-0 in the WFAI Senior Cup in 2002 ( not UCD ladies I hasten to add ), and last year despite losing a League game 13-0 we still stayed up in the top Division of the D.W.S.L. The only way is up and another way to look at it is this.
It is better to have a team that loses 21-0 , which can be improved upon, than not to have a team at all!