PDA

View Full Version : German Squad

londonirish17
15/05/2006, 11:37 AM
Keepers : 1 Jens Lehmann (FC Arsenal), 12 Oliver Kahn (Bayern München), 23 Timo Hildebrand (VfB Stuttgart)

Back players: 3 Arne Friedrich (Hertha BSC), 17 Per Mertesacker (Hannover 96), 4 Robert Huth (FC Chelsea), 21 Christoph Metzelder (Borussia Dortmund), 6 Jens Nowotny (Bayer Leverkusen), 16 Philipp Lahm (Bayern München), 2 Marcell Jansen (Borussia Mönchengladbach)

Midfield: 7 Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern München), 19 Bernd Schneider (Bayer Leverkusen), 8 Torsten Frings (Werder Bremen), 5 Sebastian Kehl (Borussia Dortmund), 18 Tim Borowski (Werder Bremen), 13 Michael Ballack (Bayern München), 15 Thomas Hitzlsperger (VfB Stuttgart)

Strickers: 11 Miroslav Klose (Werder Bremen), 20 Lukas Podolski (1. FC Köln), 14 Gerald Asamoah (FC Schalke 04), 10 Oliver Neuville (Borussia Mönchengladbach), 9 Mike Hanke (VfL Wolfsburg), 22 David Odonkor (Borussia Dortmund)

Pauro 76
15/05/2006, 4:11 PM
Keepers : 1 Jens Lehmann (FC Arsenal), 12 Oliver Kahn (Bayern München), 23 Timo Hildebrand (VfB Stuttgart)

Back players: 3 Arne Friedrich (Hertha BSC), 17 Per Mertesacker (Hannover 96), 4 Robert Huth (FC Chelsea), 21 Christoph Metzelder (Borussia Dortmund), 6 Jens Nowotny (Bayer Leverkusen), 16 Philipp Lahm (Bayern München), 2 Marcell Jansen (Borussia Mönchengladbach)

Midfield: 7 Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern München), 19 Bernd Schneider (Bayer Leverkusen), 8 Torsten Frings (Werder Bremen), 5 Sebastian Kehl (Borussia Dortmund), 18 Tim Borowski (Werder Bremen), 13 Michael Ballack (Bayern München), 15 Thomas Hitzlsperger (VfB Stuttgart)

Strickers: 11 Miroslav Klose (Werder Bremen), 20 Lukas Podolski (1. FC Köln), 14 Gerald Asamoah (FC Schalke 04), 10 Oliver Neuville (Borussia Mönchengladbach), 9 Mike Hanke (VfL Wolfsburg), 22 David Odonkor (Borussia Dortmund)

id love to see the look on Kahn's face when he receives his nice new no.12 shirt! ;) And no Carsten Jancker! :eek: ;)

Risteard
15/05/2006, 7:29 PM
German girl told me a while back that Hildebraand is likely to be the keeper.
Anyone better-informed?
She was female like.

Coltron
16/05/2006, 5:40 AM
Interesting to see the influence that the powers that be have in German football. Klinnsman was given his chance to mould his side sending out the old and bringing in the new but that clearly isn't working and all of a sudden Jens Novotny is picked for the squad.

I will be surprised if he's not in the team for their opening game at the expense of the raw and inexperienced Huth. Embarrassment isn't an option and old wise heads are need particularly in defence.

Hard to see them getting very far with all this messing about. Will play the host nation role win the group, enthusiastically get over their next opponents and then get found out?

londonirish17
16/05/2006, 6:13 AM
Anyone better-informed?
She was female like.

No chance there... It will be Lehmann

superfrank
16/05/2006, 3:10 PM
Anyone better-informed?
She was female like.
stuttgart keeper. He's pretty good. Prone to the odd mistake though and has, or at least had at the start of the season, a terrible defence in front of him.

Imo, i'd say it's Lehmann.

Dodge
16/05/2006, 3:11 PM
Klinsman has already announced Lehman is his No 1. LOL @ huth...

gustavo
16/05/2006, 6:08 PM
Lehmann won the battle of the mad German Keepers , i dont see them doing much really in this competition probably go out in 1/4s ... having said that they will probably win it now!

DmanDmythDledge
17/05/2006, 1:11 PM
Hard to see them getting very far with all this messing about. Will play the host nation role win the group, enthusiastically get over their next opponents and then get found out?
I agree, but I think they will lose to the Swedes in the 2nd round.