PDA

View Full Version : Politics in football?

Dassa
14/05/2006, 3:24 AM
http://www.croatianherald.com/ozcro/ozcrofile.htm#ozcro25

whats peoples opinions on this story above, personally not sure what to think when i see football matches involved like this.

Partizan
14/05/2006, 1:15 PM
absolutley disgusting that a football club is actively supporting revanchist Croatian fascism.

if Dinamo go ahead and sanction this they should be punished by UEFA.

Politics and football should always be kept at arms length from each other. Was watching a documentary on TV3 about the 'soccer war' between El Salvador and Honduras an example that should be served to all who wish to indulge in this heady mix.

pól-dcfc
16/05/2006, 11:41 AM
Nice dig gonzo. Go to the Brandywell. Tell me what political symbolism is present in the ground. And wise up.

Dodge
16/05/2006, 11:55 AM
Well there's enough people wearing Celtic jersies there...

Me, I've no problem with politics in football. As long as they're my politics obviously

pól-dcfc
16/05/2006, 12:04 PM

All my time at the brandywell I've seen about 5 kids total wearing Celtic tops. I don't think they should be allowed in to be honest, but we don't have a dress code set in stone.

dortie
16/05/2006, 7:21 PM

And...........? Their still standing in the Brandywell on a Friday night rather than sitting at home etc. Im sure DCFC welcomes them with open arms.

Dodge
16/05/2006, 9:04 PM
FFS relax, it was a joke. BUT going by your logic, they could be wearing white hoodsd but as long as they're in the brandywell...

dcfcsteve
16/05/2006, 10:04 PM
To be fair they're both manifestations of 'popular culture' ; though If you believed certain people from the North-West, they would say :rolleyes: 'never the twain shall meet'...................;)

Jesus Gonzo - has the hospital cut your prescription or something ? Your complete and utter obsession with portraying Derry City as being a "Republican club" (your words) is becoming nothing more than a deranged rant/axe to grind at every opportunity. It's pitiful and painful to watch.

Perhaps if you'd actually ever set foot in theg Brandcywell you might be in some vague position to comment on the issue.

Yet another thread ruined by your pathological fantasies. Now go lie-down in a dark room......

dortie
17/05/2006, 9:48 AM
they could be wearing white hoodsd but as long as they're in the brandywell...

Whats wrong with wearing white hoods lol ?

dcfcsteve
19/05/2006, 4:39 PM
Some of you Doire people want to lighten up;I respect your views, but they aren't totally representative of your community, regardless of whether or not the people go to see Derry City.

The place will always have a special place for me,btw;me half-kid was born there.....& we're both 'Prods', FFS! Think it has a rocking reputation, through most of the Derry people I've met. Be it through politics or other expressions of 'culture'!:p

Though I do prefer Donegal. ;)

All well and good - but for the umpeenth time, Derry Fans successully keep their individual politics out of football. No one ever said "our community" doesn't have political views. We're just not as insecure as Linfield, Cliftonville, Celtic and Rangers fans that we need to parade our views at football matches.

Please, please, please try to get your head around this......