PDA

View Full Version : Joe Gamble

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

gilberto_eire
24/05/2007, 12:26 PM
He'd probably be in competition with Douglas for a place in the squad so if he impresses in the States he should keep his place.

he should keep his place??..... by playing in the likes of bray and waterford!!.... dream on unless he moves to england he shouldnt and rightly so be called up again..... i taught it was a joke to see him play, when you consider how ppl are going on about lapira

eirebhoy
24/05/2007, 12:31 PM
he should keep his place??..... by playing in the likes of bray and waterford!!
And Pats, and Derry, and Drogheda... Gamble is the type of player who could play the Gattuso role for us. You don't need to be playing against top opposition week in week out for that kind of role. All he has to do is keep his passes simple and give his absolute all as he usually does. Douglas will be playing in League 1 next season unless he gets a new club.

Pablo
24/05/2007, 12:38 PM
what do u mean by ungracious???

Think about it! :D

Pablo
24/05/2007, 12:40 PM
he should keep his place??..... by playing in the likes of bray and waterford!!.... dream on unless he moves to england he shouldnt and rightly so be called up again..... i taught it was a joke to see him play, when you consider how ppl are going on about lapira

so now you are comparing a professional footballer who has played for Ireland at EVERY level from Under 16 up to Senior to an unknown American College Kid?

geysir
24/05/2007, 12:55 PM
Who ever it is that Gamble plays for in the EL, they have a good player, no doubt.

Pablo
24/05/2007, 12:56 PM
Who ever it is that Gamble plays for in the EL, they have a good player, no doubt.

That'd be us.

gilberto_eire
24/05/2007, 1:04 PM
so now you are comparing a professional footballer who has played for Ireland at EVERY level from Under 16 up to Senior to an unknown American College Kid?

ya but see the differance is lapira is going places in his career and is highly rated while gambles progression has somewhat stalled
in 2yrs time lapira will be playing in europe and gamble LOI, we all know LOI players get a look in to the set-up up to U-21 anyway!!

geysir
24/05/2007, 1:12 PM
You're sh!tting me, Gamble plays for Cork, what about the conspiracy? I'll never trust another word that comes out of that man's mouth ever again.

Cork, that'll mean if Joe want to put himself in the shop window so to speak then he'll have one of those attractive Cork price tags.

eirebhoy
24/05/2007, 1:13 PM
geysir quit the trolling.

MojoPin
24/05/2007, 1:49 PM
got a good laugh off joe after the game i was there in me ramblers jersey as he was walking past started calling him some not so nice nice the lad nearly ****ed his pants laughing at the ramblers jersey in the middle of a 20000 strong ecquador crowd. he had a great game tho not oe of those players looked out of there dept....

ollie
24/05/2007, 3:24 PM
got a good laugh off joe after the game i was there in me ramblers jersey as he was walking past started calling him some not so nice nice the lad nearly ****ed his pants laughing at the ramblers jersey in the middle of a 20000 strong ecquador crowd. he had a great game tho not oe of those players looked out of there dept....

Have you heard of punctuation? Cant really make out what you're saying.

MojoPin
24/05/2007, 3:35 PM
ha ha fairly hugover here slept in a cupboard last night in some german guys hostel dorm ha ha........ wen joe walked past we gave him some friendly abuse comma he then got the fright of his life comma seeing me in my ramblers jersey fullstop

John83
24/05/2007, 5:04 PM
That reminds me of an Irish essay being dictated in my primary school. The teacher was less than impressed to notice that one of the kids had persistently transcribed "lán stad".

ollie
24/05/2007, 5:19 PM
Capital t h-a-n-k-s full stop;)

finnpark
24/05/2007, 7:04 PM

You don't know what your talking about. We may not have Sky TV. We may not have great pitches. We may not have decent standiums. We may not have media hype and we may not have many decent fans but in recent years Irish soccer has reached an excellent standard and is certainly on a par with the champion ship in England whetehr you like it or not. You can think they have a great standard over in England lower divisions with their glitzy flash show but LOI players are outplaying them when they move there. FACT!!!

Ceirtlis
24/05/2007, 7:10 PM
You don't know what your talking about. We may not have Sky TV. We may not have great pitches. We may not have decent standiums. We may not have media hype and we may not have many decent fans but in recent years Irish soccer has reached an excellent standard and is certainly on a par with the champion ship in England whetehr you like it or not. You can think they have a great standard over in England lower divisions with their glitzy flash show but LOI players are outplaying them when they move there. FACT!!!

Good grief, how long before people on these boards go the whole hog and say its as good as the premiership.

finnpark
24/05/2007, 7:19 PM
Good grief, how long before people on these boards go the whole hog and say its as good as the premiership.

Don't be silly. Its better than the premiership. Its IRISH. Not British. Im from Ireland.

pete
24/05/2007, 8:55 PM
Gamble did not have much chance to impress last night (same as all the subs really) as they game was unstructured & he had to play 2 different roles in short space of time. Hopefully he will get to start on saturday if Kilbane is missing.

Its foolish to suggest that Gamble would get picked for senior squad without so many injuries. He was however one of the best players on the pitch (one with grass) in the B International & outshone Potter. Potter clearly played a whole lot better last night.

When Staunton picks numerous players who have never played first team football or started a first team game plus a US College player (you cannot be serious?) then top LOI players clearly are worthy of a place in the squad/team.

(p.s. stop the trolling, you know who you are...)

Cymro
24/05/2007, 9:09 PM
You don't know what your talking about. We may not have Sky TV. We may not have great pitches. We may not have decent standiums. We may not have media hype and we may not have many decent fans but in recent years Irish soccer has reached an excellent standard and is certainly on a par with the championship in England whetehr you like it or not. You can think they have a great standard over in England lower divisions with their glitzy flash show but LOI players are outplaying them when they move there. FACT!!!

Biggest load of bull crap I've read in my short time here.

I could go into an extremely long-winded explanation as to why, but since the majority of resident posters here are nowhere near as one-eyed as this, and seeing as how I've already written an essay in regards to your other post in the Ireland section, I don't feel the need to and can't be arsed anyway.

Address my post in the Ireland section, then I'll consider this worthy of a proper response.

Risteard
24/05/2007, 9:14 PM
eL isn't on a par with the Championship.
A few teams would survive there but i wouldn't say the past eL players are out-performing them.
Still though, i wouldn't leave Derry, Drogs, City, Bohs or Pats for any Championship1 team.

Risteard
24/05/2007, 9:15 PM
well maybe Leeds.

Cymro
24/05/2007, 9:23 PM
well maybe Leeds.

Or Forest? Even the Swans with gates of 12,000?

From a attendances/stadia/crowds point of view at least, top League 1 sides are well ahead of top Irish sides.

From a playing point of view, it's very hard to say unless they actually play each other regularly.

eirebhoy
24/05/2007, 9:26 PM
Its foolish to suggest that Gamble would get picked for senior squad without so many injuries. He was however one of the best players on the pitch (one with grass) in the B International & outshone Potter. Potter clearly played a whole lot better last night.
Potter only came on as a sub in the B match. Gibson started in the centre if that's who you mean.

Risteard
24/05/2007, 9:32 PM
Or Forest? Even the Swans with gates of 12,000?

No, marginally, i'd hang in for something better.

pete
24/05/2007, 9:34 PM
Potter only came on as a sub in the B match. Gibson started in the centre if that's who you mean.

Neither of them impressed. Was stunned to see media praising McPhail afterwards when he did nothing.

Cymro
24/05/2007, 9:35 PM
No, marginally, i'd hang in for something better.

Fair enough, I guess. Swansea's a grand place though :D

Soper
25/05/2007, 12:27 AM
Pretty ****ty City

Pablo
28/05/2007, 9:30 AM
Overall Joey did well but he wont be in a first choice competitive squad i'd imagine.

I wonder how many of the US squad would. Certainly not more than 50% i'd say

Lionel Ritchie
28/05/2007, 9:38 AM
Fair enough, I guess. Swansea's a grand place though :D

Swansea Rocks! Great town. I'm glad I wasn't fooled by it's not being as "pretty" as Cardiff.

I won a T-shirt in a karaoke there singing a Tom Jones song. You can't go much more native than that.:cool:

Pablo
28/05/2007, 9:39 AM
Swansea Rocks! Great town. I'm glad I wasn't fooled by it's not being as "pretty" as Cardiff.

I won a T-shirt in a karaoke there singing a Tom Jones song. You can't go much more native than that.:cool:

i lived in Swansea for 2 years actually. Nice town. Rubbish football. Nuff said

tetsujin1979
30/05/2007, 9:45 AM
Gamble linked with Charlton according to today's Indo

adamcarr
30/05/2007, 11:24 AM
Gamble linked with Charlton according to today's Indo

They'll have to go above the E440,000 or else they can **** off!

Stuttgart88
30/05/2007, 2:05 PM
I was in Dublin yesterday and went out to Tolka for Rovers vs Cork. Gamble was the game's class act by a mile. He has everything I was praising Potter for after his US performances: a genuine central midfielder's instinct, awareness of his opponent and of his options, good passing and good tackling. He protects the ball under pressure well. Rovers didn't have any players as good but they defended well as a unit and were always pressing for the ball but Gamble always protected it well and always turned away from trouble. He actually looks like Alan Quinn on the ball, same physique, always busy and industrious and usually looking to "add value", not just passing for the sake of it.

But dammit, he'd another shortarse. Ballack & Frings, any of the Czechs & Slovakians and even the Cypriots would tower over him. I'd prefer to see Potter in the mix among these types I think, especially as we're vertically challenged in other important areas.

Definitely capable of a higher level of football though.

O'Donovan had a poor game, Kearney didn't look to have much other than proper pace and O'Flynn looked like what I've always thought of him: careless and overrated. No Rovers player stood out (maybe their right back) but it was a good team performance, won on set pieces.

adamcarr
31/05/2007, 9:40 PM
O'Donovan had a poor game, Kearney didn't look to have much other than proper pace and O'Flynn looked like what I've always thought of him: careless and overrated. No Rovers player stood out (maybe their right back) but it was a good team performance, won on set pieces.

Flynny has really done nothing this season, 1 goal but it was a cracker. Roy is put out on the wing for away games and is very ineffective. Kearney is just useless and hasn't had a decent game since Djurgardens in the 2005 UEFA Cup.

Good summary on Joey though, thats exactly the player he is, keeps the ball rolling and like Makalele in the way that you only notice how important a player he is when he is missing.

Anyway our chairman has said that 500k is a joke of a price and is looking in the millions so Joey mightn't be going anywhere.

Risteard
01/06/2007, 12:23 AM
Agree that Kearney is nothing brilliant but he was very good against Bohs.
Strangely, he's always gotten the better of Heary who's twice the player Kearney is.

DannyInvincible
26/06/2017, 1:51 AM
Joe Gamble reflects on his career in an interview with Paul Dollery of The42.ie: http://www.the42.ie/joe-gamble-25-june-2017-3458021-Jun2017/