View Full Version : Vikings Plunder 3 points in Waterford

Ringo
13/05/2006, 6:20 AM
http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p223.htm

Waterford United had hoped to achieve
their first win of the season against
newly-promoted Dublin City but the
Vikings proved to be the stronger side
and plundered all three points..............

Maynard
13/05/2006, 5:46 PM
Great result, big win. Freer took his goal exceptionally well. Should have had a couple on the board prior to the break. Freer scuffed a shot from the 6-yard line with the whole goal to aim at, the 'keeper made a b@lls of it, let it slip under him, but just managed to smother it on the line, iches away from being a goal.

It was seriously "squeeky-bum" time for the last 7/8 minutes as Waterford threw the kitchen sink at us trying to get a point, but we did deserve the win overall.

Positives: 8-point cushion, Freer in goalscoring form, Rooney looking a bit more lively, clean sheet and Gary Rodgers continuing to be Gary Rodgers;ie AMAZING!!:D

Negatives: Should have scored more, *Ger McCarthy is crocked again, same ankle, won't be available for a LONG time methinks:( * Robbie Collins' confidence has left the building (came on as a sub...and was subbed:eek: )

All in all a job well done, second win away from home on the spin. If we can pick up a point or more at home to UCD we'll be sitting pretty after the 1st round of games.

Up the Dubs!

Derek
15/05/2006, 11:09 AM
Yes, great result. Feel sorry for Robbie Collins, I think he is a great player, just suffering with a lack of confidance, don't forget the part he played for us last season, he has talent.

Maynard
15/05/2006, 12:34 PM
Yes, great result. Feel sorry for Robbie Collins, I think he is a great player, just suffering with a lack of confidance, don't forget the part he played for us last season, he has talent.

Totally agree. Robbie has done more than most players for this club. Keely obviously believes he has something to offer at this level, or else he wouldn't have brought him along this year. That said, form is of utmost importance at this level, and if a player isn't making the grade then he becomes a liability.

That said, I believe the subbing of him was a tactical one, and not down to Robbie's abilities as an attacker, and for me, the right call was made. (born out by the fact that we went on to win the game)

My two cents on Robbie's game is that he should be more direct, and use his pace more when trying to beat players. We saw what he did to Rovers in the play off 1st leg at Dalyer by letting his pace do the work out on the flanks....more of that please Robbie.

Magicme
22/05/2006, 11:40 AM
I see Sheilo was up checking out your saturday opposition last friday nite!

Good to see he still comes to "cheer" the Mons on!!

We love u shielo we do!