PDA

View Full Version : The Carlise Grounds

ForzaHoop
12/05/2006, 2:47 PM
Lads,
What is the story with the ground ? You knocked down that Shed, when or what are you doing for a new stand ? Has building work started ?:confused:

Roo69
14/05/2006, 4:24 PM
Were good to go with the new stand, should be completed as planned by june / july

footballplease
15/05/2006, 8:40 AM
that's great news roo - have they started yet? Have you a picture of a model of what it will look like?

Roo69
15/05/2006, 5:25 PM
No I don't have a picture o it but i have seen it, looks great ! No work has'nt started yet but i believe that it will soon enough (hopefully anyway)

adamcarr
15/05/2006, 5:31 PM
No I don't have a picture o it but i have seen it, looks great ! No work has'nt started yet but i believe that it will soon enough (hopefully anyway)
What capacity will the new stand hold?

Roo69
16/05/2006, 7:53 AM
The new stand will all seated and fully covered and will hold just under 1000

pineapple stu
16/05/2006, 12:36 PM
They're going to build the whole thing in a month?

Seagull
16/05/2006, 3:17 PM
They're going to build the whole thing in a month?
It's gonna be like the one in UCD, isn't it?

superfrank
16/05/2006, 3:19 PM
No offence to UCD fans but I hope to **** not!!

pineapple stu
16/05/2006, 4:40 PM
We robbed our stand from the cricket World Cup. Took a bit shorter than a month! Our new ground has been 30 years in the making and still no sign.

Roo69
17/05/2006, 8:44 AM
The company that are building our new stand are UK based and have built quite a lot of sports grounds, they buld a lot of Rubgy stadiums, ive seen there work and it's super ! It will be similar to UCD's but a much more updated version so no worries.

Roo69
18/05/2006, 8:09 AM
The Bray People stated yesterday that we had applied for 2 stands to be built ? and one of them was to have over 1700 covered seats ?

superfrank
18/05/2006, 12:46 PM
My friend, a steward at the club, told me the "second" stand would be where the current one is and that there'd be new changing rooms in there.

Seagull
18/05/2006, 4:18 PM
My friend, a steward at the club, told me the "second" stand would be where the current one is and that there'd be new changing rooms in there.
And a roof? That's not happening any time soon though, is it? The area behind the existing stand was cleared ages ago for dressing rooms but that was as far as it got.

centre mid
19/05/2006, 1:57 PM
Details of planning http://www.wicklow.ie/ePlanBray/InternetEnquiry/rpt_ViewApplicDetails.asp?validFileNum=1&app_num_file=06106

Seagull
19/05/2006, 7:15 PM
South and west???

pineapple stu
20/05/2006, 6:33 PM
In fairness, if UCD were building a new stand, I'd rather it were somewhat better than the one we have! I think that was the way the post was intended, not as an insult.

Conor H
20/05/2006, 6:33 PM
hold the f**k on a minute there mate but i don't think your in any position to slag as bray have UNarguably the worst ground in the premier league and one if the worst in the eircom league. that shed is an absolute joke, and for f**k sake you need to bring about five jackets to keep yourself warm on a good night there

As opposed to the central heating system in Bellfield.:rolleyes:

pineapple stu
20/05/2006, 6:37 PM
As opposed to the central heating system in Bellfield.:rolleyes:
Is Belfield cold? Never noticed before, to be honest.

Conor H
20/05/2006, 6:37 PM
theres only 1 l in belfield mate
Your mixing me up with somenody who gives a sh!t.;)

Conor H
20/05/2006, 6:42 PM
Ya you told me:confused: ....Read my post above mkay?

Conor H
20/05/2006, 6:47 PM
nice to see your on my side here pineapple realising the waste of space, time and everything else that is- bray wanderers. coz lets be honest we werent exactly good on a day when we beat them 4-1

Obvious your new to the forum anyway.......reminds me of myself when i started!:D
Obvious TROLLING on the Bray forum.

Conor H
20/05/2006, 6:49 PM
conor, read your last 3 posts and you'll find mis spellings in each, do they not have schools in bray

Oh my God!!!:D :D
Im not from Bray.I suppose the Galway jersey as my avatar wasn't estute enough for the college intellect himself.

lefty
21/05/2006, 11:31 AM
Regi doesnt go to college, he barely managed to finish school. Now he spends his time going through various different forums pointing out spelling and grammar mistakes in the same way as a 2nd class school teacher would correct copy books at the weekend. Dont judge him :o

Grasshopper 99
22/05/2006, 12:57 PM
The stand will be finished in 11 weeks as they need to get the equipment in for england, which is where th company is from as well. but the first thing have to do is widen the pitch on the dug out side as the pitch is not wide enough, then move the flood lights back and then the stand will be hopefully built.

REVIP
22/05/2006, 9:39 PM
Were good to go with the new stand, should be completed as planned by june / july

The planning application says the decision due date is 21st June - you have to allow four weeks after that for potential appeals.

The last application (2001?) was opposed to An Bord Pleanala by local residents.

Think you're being optimistic in expecting anything before the end of the season

REVIP
22/05/2006, 9:57 PM
I checked the timescale on the 2002 (it wasn't 2001) application.

The application on 14th March was not adjudicated on by An Bord Pleanala until 30th October.

http://www.pleanala.ie/data1/searchdetails.asp?id=1530446&caseno=130023

lefty
24/05/2006, 9:29 AM
and lefty spend your time going around forums looking for my posts to slag me off to random strangers that you dont know, a bit sad really

Ive nothing better to do, im in college :D

Bald Student
24/05/2006, 9:51 AM
Do I read the application correctly when I say 1,700 seats in total. I.e. the 1,000 seater stand where the shed was and a second 700 seater behind a goal?

thedoyler
07/06/2006, 8:43 PM
I really don't know, do they even know what they are doing? I don't think so.

BrayUnknowns
06/07/2006, 4:14 PM
Do I read the application correctly when I say 1,700 seats in total. I.e. the 1,000 seater stand where the shed was and a second 700 seater behind a goal?

Just looking at this post and decided to bring it back up, the foundation work has started on the new stand.

The stand will replace the old shed, the boundry wall on the side of the pich is gone and the ground has been fully leveled were the old shed was. The guys who are building the new stand are from England and everything needs to be shipped over. Everything will be completed by The middle / end of August. Thats if there are no hold ups with the materials etc....

The 2nd part of the application is for a smaller stand which will go at the bowling alley end of the ground, this is a little further down the line though, most likely next season.

Poor Student
10/07/2006, 7:54 PM
No offence to the Bray lads but I gladly welcome the fact that I will never have to visit the Carlisle Grounds again in its current fashion. It seems you have to end up with either hypothermia or sun stroke after a trip to Bray!

superfrank
11/07/2006, 7:49 AM
It seems you have to end up with either hypothermia or sun stroke after a trip to Bray!
Ever hear of suncream??

BrayUnknowns
11/07/2006, 8:24 AM
No offence to the Bray lads but I gladly welcome the fact that I will never have to visit the Carlisle Grounds again in its current fashion. It seems you have to end up with either hypothermia or sun stroke after a trip to Bray!

A nice big jackt helps with the wind and sun block normally keeps the burn away ! bit of common sense really.....

I actually think it's funny the way UCD fans go on about the Carlisle Grounds, UCD is no better what so ever and just as cold.

pineapple stu
11/07/2006, 12:47 PM
Ever hear of suncream??
I wouldn't bring it to the Arctic in the middle of December - why would I bring it to Bray? :confused:

Suncream and trips to Bray just aren't thoughts which go together.

BrayUnknowns
11/07/2006, 1:26 PM
Suncream and Ireland full stop don't go together !

superfrank
11/07/2006, 10:20 PM
Cmon you can't blame the club for the crappy weather.

superfrank
13/07/2006, 6:46 PM
No offence to the Bray lads but I gladly welcome the fact that I will never have to visit the Carlisle Grounds again in its current fashion.
Just re-read this now.

None taken. It is easily the worst Premier Division ground....for now. Hopefully once the works done it'll be alot better.

BrayUnknowns
14/07/2006, 9:29 AM
Do ya reckon ? I personally don't think Belfield is any better but thankfully both clubs have been given grants to try and sotr some of the problems out.